World Cup 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Hey @Uk eagle

Is there much interest in this in England?
Seems to me the country would be obsessed with the upcoming soccer World Cup and the grounds it looks to be played at are hardly major leagues?

I ask because of the whole expansion into the US market push. To me it looks like Rugby League doesn't even have the status in the UK that it once did so it's hard to imagine growth into new markets.

And, as always, most players are born and bred in Australia yet represent the countries of their parents, grandparents, and great great aunts through two adoptions.
The interest is there among fans of the game. Many like myself will have attended multiple games. However, trying to get new people interested in areas where the game is unknown would be like trying to preach Christianity in the middle of Saudi Arabia.. Rugby league is only watched in the north of England and even then only in certain towns...it will never expand beyond it's boundaries and is probably diminishing in both participation and attendance. Sad but true

I thought England would do it easy over Samoa but how wrong I was. Samoa deserved the win and considering the leg-ups Eng got, they should've been better. (Footy-starved me thinks) great game though.

Good on Ligi Sao for scoring a try (there's a blast from the past!) Paulo will be lucky to be allowed to play next week - has been a tad grubby lately. Samoa's defence will need to be a whole lot better vs Aus.

I thought England would do it easy over Samoa but how wrong I was. Samoa deserved the win and considering the leg-ups Eng got, they should've been better. (Footy-starved me thinks) great game though.

Good on Ligi Sao for scoring a try (there's a blast from the past!) Paulo will be lucky to be allowed to play next week - has been a tad grubby lately. Samoa's defence will need to be a whole lot better vs Aus.

Not sure who the other guy was but it looked as both were as guilty as each other, both had hand between legs lifting etc.

I expect Australia to win next week but the gap is certainly closing.
Good to see two very competitive semis. Both games could actually have gone either way, and Tonga were only a struck match from Samoa, so that all bodes well for Test footy.

The rugby league media here has been pushing hard for Cleary to be the first choice half for the Kangaroos. And yeah, I get it. He's been the best half in the NRL for the past 3 years. But funny how they are now (and somewhat reluctantly) questioning after Cleary's sub-par game against New Zealand if in fact DCE's greater experience would be better in the Final against Samoa.

Sure his stats sheet read OK with a try assist, 3 line break assists and around 130 running metres. But that all flattered to deceive as those of us who watched the game saw. His try assist was nothing more than that he happened to be the one to give Cam Murray the ball. But that try was all Murray's doing, not Cleary's. The bulk of his running metres came in the final 25 or so when the Kiwis were out of gas. And to me, all game he seemed to suffer from DCE at Manly disease and in defence kept on running out of the line and more often than not getting no one.

Add to that the fact that all game his decision making and kicking was well below what's seen as normal for Nathan Cleary. Most of his short kicks at the line were chips that the Kiwis swooped on like seagulls at the beach. They put no one under pressure.

If that was DCE and he had played like that, the media would be calling for Meninga to drop him like a bad habit. However, in saying all that I can't really see Cleary being dropped. But he'll definitely have to lift his game.

Unfortunately for the game itself I can see the Final now being a bit of a rout with Australia winning easily, which should suit Cleary's game down to the ground because he's a proven front runner (for examples see Penrith, Origin 2021 and Australia v Scotland), but not so good when he has to work hard (for examples see Origin 2020 and 2022).

Add to that the fact that all game his decision making and kicking was well below what's seen as normal for Nathan Cleary. Most of his short kicks at the line were chips that the Kiwis swooped on like seagulls at the beach. They put no one under pressure.

If that was DCE and he had played like that, the media would be calling for Meninga to drop him like a bad habit. However, in saying all that I can't really see Cleary being dropped. But he'll definitely have to lift his game.

Unfortunately for the game itself I can see the Final now being a bit of a rout with Australia winning easily, which should suit Cleary's game down to the ground because he's a proven front runner (for examples see Penrith, Origin 2021 and Australia v Scotland), but not so good when he has to work hard (for examples see Origin 2020 and 2022).

This 100%. Even on Here DCE would have been roastes with a performance like that. When the goinggis good Cleary puts on a show, but has been found wanting when the chips are down and the going is tough.
Pretty much like all halfbacks though.

Wouldn't mind seeing DCE given his one last swansong at test level though.

I thought Cleary was underwhelming against NZ. It was only Murray's quick thinking that got Aussies ahead.
Luai is head and shoulders above Cleary in this world cup. So too is Williams from England and DCE too. On form Mal has to pick DCE for the final.

I think Munster works better with DCE, but obviously Cleary/Munster is the future.
Just depends if Mal wants the future to start now.

I haven't seen all matches, but from highlights videos, it appears Luai has been the dominant half in the tournament thus far.
From the highlights I have seen Luai has been devastatingly unstoppable

That sudden side step and explosive burst of acceleration breaks every defensive game plan

Defensive game plans are meant to be broken by elusive and electrifying speedsters

Speed Kills every time
1668323418050.png

Give a speedster half a gap and he will give you a runaway try

The Fox to be the difference in the world cup final

See the source image

I have an idea for the next fake world cup we can make it even more competitive we can ban Australia competing we can send an indigenous team.

We can also let nsw and qld compete and if the other states can "find" players with parents, grandparents, who have had a holiday in that state they can go also.

What a joke of a comp that has done nothing for "international" league despite how everyone raves about it.

World Cup lol

I have an idea for the next fake world cup we can make it even more competitive we can ban Australia competing we can send an indigenous team.

We can also let nsw and qld compete and if the other states can "find" players with parents, grandparents, who have had a holiday in that state they can go also.

What a joke of a comp that has done nothing for "international" league despite how everyone raves about it.

World Cup lol
I know what you are saying feathered friend but we are trying to promote the game the best we can with the players we have .

The supporters turned up which means they support the concept

Look at this as a building process for the future

I thought Cleary was underwhelming against NZ. It was only Murray's quick thinking that got Aussies ahead.
Thought the Kiwis had the better of the play for the majority of the 80mins

If it was up to me, Rapana wouldn’t have a seat on the plane home and would be swimming back. 2 extremely lazy plays from him, one for Addo-Carr to score and the one where he was offside. He did have a nice moment or 2 so perhaps I’d offer him an inflatable canoe

Im not watching the world cup so my comment is general , but there is some pretty hard flag waving for one of the local boys. His fandom is strong. . DCE ! DCE DCE , jake who ?. is he there

Seems more cherry than manly . And people suggest i have an agenda .Sheeesh

id suggest cleary gets the nod because he can game manage And takes the ball to the line. DCE has him covered for skills but game management is revered by most. Not on here but everywhere else. Dce has a style and it only gets you so far if competition is high.

anyway each to there own i say ,and nothing wrong with that at all, Terry randall, spud, ian roberts. I really admired those guys

his crew have joined hands in chorus Andi think thats sweet

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12