World Club Challenge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
eagles2win said:
My question for an expanded comp is this :
How many people would go to see us play against say St Helen's if both teams finished third?
I would because I'd say Mark would have us stay at Liverpool
What about the Humberside teams (Hull)?
There'd be a line up for Catalan tour

Id like to see

games played friday night, saturday arvo, and sunday arvo in quite central venues, so it could be more of an event, with a pommy club game played on the same bill each night, so essentially 3 double headers with away seating for all aussie supporters to be in the same area

Then the GF or WCC to be played the following week

3 different venues would be great and probably necessary to preserve the fields but close enough so it allows supporters to stay at the same hotel, and travel quite easily on the day

Id also like to see the 2 aussie sides not in the GF to play trials the weekend of the WCC with more pommy club games included on the same bill

I think the nines tournament should be played at the same time, without the top 3 but have 3 invitational sides to take there place, wether its a brisbane side like redcliffe, another kiwi team or even an invitational union side from overseas, or even an english team, the lions not a club side if they allow it

All profits from both tournaments pooled and distributed equally ( prizemoney excluded)70 % of which is added to an increased salary cap on top of the future raises to be determined on a yearly base. The other 30% goes straight to the future fund

Promote the game

Nothing wrong with Liverpool either, great city just like Leeds. Loved the chants this morning brought back some great memories

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-set-for-record-world-cup-representation/story-fni3gnk1-1226697977689

Manly Sea Eagles set for record World Cup representation
Dean Ritchie, August 16, 2013

MANLY are poised to set a 60-year record, with no less than 11 players set to play in this year’s World Cup.

It would be the Sea Eagles’ biggest representation at a World Cup, which was first played in 1954.

They had 10 players involved in the code’s Centenary World Cup in 1995.

But the Sea Eagles’ sizzling form is ready to see a record number of players picked for five different nations - Australia, Tonga, Samoa, New Zealand and Ireland.

Players will have another chance to impress their various nations in Friday night’s blockbuster against South Sydney at Bluetongue Stadium.

Those in line for World Cup selection are Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart, Daly Cherry-Evans, Jorge Taufua, Anthony Watmough (Kangaroos), Brent Kite, Richie Fa’aoso (Tonga), Kieran Foran, Justin Horo (New Zealand), Steve Matai (Samoa) and James Hasson (Ireland).

Hasson, who will come off the bench against the Rabbitohs, has already been chosen in a preliminary 40-man Irish squad.

In 1995, Manly had Mark Carroll, David Gillespie, Terry Hill, John Hopoate, Nik Kosef, Steve Menzies, Danny Moore, Geoff Toovey, Matthew Ridge and Solomon Haumono at the victorious Word Cup. It was the same year they defeated St George to win the premiership.

“Of course, it’s terrific if so many of our players are recognised," Foran said.

“To see a new kid on the block like ‘Hass’ play for Ireland would be fantastic.

“The World Cup is always special and we (New Zealand) have the job of trying to defend it, so it’s going to be tough.

"But I’m sure we’ll be up for it. But, for the moment, the only thing we’re looking at is Souths.

"It’s a huge match and there’s so much to play for in the run to the finals."

Hasson, a former Cronulla Shark, is certain to make the final cut and be part of the 25-man Irish squad.

“I had three goals at the start of the year: play first grade, meet the Sharks in a final, and represent Ireland," Hasson said.

“Now we can tick off two of the three.

“I got an e-mail from the Irish coach (Mark Aston) saying I was in the squad, and I really can’t wait, especially with a match against Australia in Limerick.

“All the family on my dad’s side live in Ireland and follow my career pretty closely. I left there before primary school and have spent nearly all my life growing up on Sydney’s beaches."

Manly coach Geoff Toovey sees the potential turnout at rugby league’s international showpiece event as a great honour for the club.

"The players you mentioned (for World Cup selection) would be a fair chance," Toovey admitted.

“The good thing is, touch wood, we don’t have a lot of injuries.

“It’s nice to see someone like Brent Kite, who has played for Australia, giving something back to the game by playing for a minnow nation."

Glenn Stewart has been in sparkling form, helping himself to four try-assists against New Zealand Warriors last weekend to press his claims.

"Glenn hit a real patch of form on the weekend,” Foran said. “We will be looking for him to continue that form on Friday and put plays on for us.

“In my eyes, he is the best ball-playing forward in the game. We’re lucky because it’s like having three halves in the side.

“He can pass, kick and create three-on-two opportunities and that’s the beauty of having him out there. His combination with his brother goes from strength to strength.”

Friday night’s game should be a classic.

Souths will be absolutely desperate after winning just one of their past four matches and they have star backs Greg Inglis and John Sutton returning from injury.

Manly have been in rollicking form, winning their past six games. But Watmough is a big loss with his knee injury.

“It’s great to have those two players (Sutton and Inglis) back and we’re just focused about improving on the effort that we put in against Melbourne (last week),’’ Souths coach Michael Maguire said.

‘’I thought that throughout that game - bar the start - we showed some of the things that we’re capable of and we just want to make sure that we do that on Friday.”

==============================
14 Rep Player in fact - Dane Chisholm is also selected for France, and I'm not sure if we can still claim Vic Mauro as Manly, he is in the Italian Team.

Brett and Glenn seem to pull out of things like this when/if selected.

don't they?

No?

ok.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4