Workers Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not sure about Schuster, Harper, Funa they didn't impress.
Definitely Cust, Sipley, Olakuatu and Saddler need to go to 1sts.
We just have massive problems in the backline.
Well based on yesterday and Blacktown today iether Funa or Harper to FB (I prefer Funa tbh) ,Walker to Center and iether Funa or Harper to Garricks wing (depending FB ).Parker dropped ,Croker dropped and Cust to 9 and the Schu to 14 (he didint have his best game but set up a beautiful try and early ,made a few mistakes,but given what was dished up yesterday you would take his X factor over and above the possible negatives ).Also Sipley and Guac (if he didint do his elbow) would be in the 17 for Sirro and Jestski .SIpley must have played at least 60 minutes at pace always hit the line hard and looked good .There is also 1 or 2 others who look like prospects i,e big 2nd rower and Liu ?
Anyway good win by Matty Balin.The other thing you noticed is that the players all spoke to each other and communicated in attack and defence .It didn't look like they had just met like what the NRL side did yesterday

Sipley, Keppie, Cust, Schuster, Harper in
Boyle, Gosiewski, Croker, Parker, Garrick out
Unfortunately that will not change the lack of leadership, direction and mistakes from the million $ myths

Cust, Sipley, Saddler a must
On today's form, yes. But it's easy to underestimate how much the lack of the reserve comp interrupted the development of some of our next level. My guess is that Des would want to see that they are capable of backing that up next week. Otherwise it's just sack a bloke for a quiet performance, promote a bloke who played well one week but then sack him if he has a quiet game the next week? That policy doesn't help anyone.
However Cust at least should get a go next week. Saddler was highly impressive, would love to see him chosen, and we have a few at Blacktown who will get a chance if the firsts don't pull their finger out asap.

Well based on yesterday and Blacktown today iether Funa or Harper to FB (I prefer Funa tbh) ,Walker to Center and iether Funa or Harper to Garricks wing (depending FB ).Parker dropped ,Croker dropped and Cust to 9 and the Schu to 14 (he didint have his best game but set up a beautiful try and early ,made a few mistakes,but given what was dished up yesterday you would take his X factor over and above the possible negatives ).Also Sipley and Guac (if he didint do his elbow) would be in the 17 for Sirro and Jestski .SIpley must have played at least 60 minutes at pace always hit the line hard and looked good .There is also 1 or 2 others who look like prospects i,e big 2nd rower and Liu ?
Anyway good win by Matty Balin.The other thing you noticed is that the players all spoke to each other and communicated in attack and defence .It didn't look like they had just met like what the NRL side did yesterday
They played the game as it should be these days. Think run hard first, not pass laterally. All the best sides have speed and agressive runners. Turning the ball back on the inside and hitting the line hard. Halves and hookers think run first. Outside backs can move swiftly. We need to change the tactics and players up big time for first grade.

Not sure about Schuster, Harper, Funa they didn't impress.
Definitely Cust, Sipley, Olakuatu and Saddler need to go to 1sts.
We just have massive problems in the backline.
Agree, but unfortunately the standouts today were all forwards!

’Spud Carrol’ must be a candidate for CTE.
I don’t know who the other bloke was, but he was very good I thought in commentary (even better when he said he’s a Manly fan.) Anyone catch his name?

On today's form, yes. But it's easy to underestimate how much the lack of the reserve comp interrupted the development of some of our next level. My guess is that Des would want to see that they are capable of backing that up next week. Otherwise it's just sack a bloke for a quiet performance, promote a bloke who played well one week but then sack him if he has a quiet game the next week? That policy doesn't help anyone.
However Cust at least should get a go next week. Saddler was highly impressive, would love to see him chosen, and we have a few at Blacktown who will get a chance if the firsts don't pull their finger out asap.
So we should wait till rd 5 , last on the table and a -150 f/a before making changes.

’Spud Carrol’ must be a candidate for CTE.
I don’t know who the other bloke was, but he was very good I thought in commentary (even better when he said he’s a Manly fan.) Anyone catch his name?
Adam peacock who is more an a league commentator but who is also a avid manly fan.

man I know spud was poor but I could very easily listen to them both for all manly games as a commentary team, add 2V’s to that list way better than both fox and channel 9 put together.

Terrible luck for Guaca - he was one of the best forwards on the park. How he hasn't played more first grade to date is a bit baffling. He looks like he could offer something more than Siro is producing, or Jetski for that matter. Some sting in his defence today too.

Schuster had a pretty quiet game, not a lot of involvement, seemed content to sit back and let Con run the show out of dummy half. Still feel he gets a bit kick happy, but we could do worse than have him on the bench instead of someone like Funa for example.

Con had a good game. Like he said in post match interview, Des has told him he needs to really tighten up his defence and work hard on that if he wants to make NRL squad as hooker. He looks like he has taken it on board and is working hard to earn a spot, that's all you can ask from these BWSE guys.

So we should wait till rd 5 , last on the table and a -150 f/a before making change
I'd say one more chance for Jetski.
Croker wasn't too bad but bring Cust in, and maybe Croker back to bench.
The outside backs? It was really the Blacktown forwards who impressed rather than the backs, but Garrick would also be on his last chance... or else he just had his last chance and blew it!
No-one will complain if Schuster is given a bench spot but his form today doesn't really warrant it. I'd still give him another run or 2 in reserves.

Very true. Apart from Cust, I don’t think Des will pick anyone else in FG. As you said, Des will be looking for back to back consistency, resolve, and purpose regularly.
But after that shiit show yesterday, today’s game gives you a bit of hope.

Last edited:
Schuster had a pretty quiet game, not a lot of involvement, seemed content to sit back and let Con run the show out of dummy half. Still feel he gets a bit kick happy, but we could do worse than have him on the bench instead of someone like Funa for example.
His performance was a bit disappointing actually. Made a few errors. One beautiful late pass led to an early try. But his body language was a little puzzling, didn't really seem to be relishing the contest much.

Cust, Olakau’atu (injury aside), Tuipulotu, Saddler and Schuster should all be elevated to NRL.

Saddler may need to wait due to dev rules.

I know everyone is saying Sipley but I think he will struggle way too much to keep up with the pace of first grade - particularly laterally in defence. Maybe in a short stint.
Yeah Cust showed vision the try for sipley was great slight if hand, took line on fmd Hasler wake up.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8