Woodsie's Team List Tuesdays

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jamie Lyon?
He was very much an Eagle. He started his career at the Eels but didn't like the joint, went overseas and came home to play the majority of his career at Manly. When people think Jamie Lyon, they think Sea Eagles premiership winning captain.

When people think Nathan Brown, they think arrogant Eel from the Arthur regime. He played at the Tigers (1 game) and Souths (28) to start with, but his career is very much punctuated by his time at Parramatta.

He was very much an Eagle. He started his career at the Eels but didn't like the joint, went overseas and came home to play the majority of his career at Manly. When people think Jamie Lyon, they think Sea Eagles premiership winning captain.

When people think Nathan Brown, they think arrogant Eel from the Arthur regime. He played at the Tigers (1 game) and Souths (28) to start with, but his career is very much punctuated by his time at Parramatta.
Understand this perspective too but also think to give credit where credit is due and he has done everything expected of him to fit into the Manly way so to speak and reestablishing himself as a good level i st grader again .
And the added benefit at this early stage at least performing quite well as a 13 in a position that on balance does need a bit more attacking ability to lift the Manly overall performance level .
Anyway again does seem to be showing or indicating some good professionalism and willingness to do well in a Manly jersey so lets hope that it continues to work out

Yeah, I suspect you mean people like @Budgie and co and that's very disappointing. And while I wouldn't put myself in that category, unless there is the cross section of views, I don't see the point of sticking around. Since joining a year ago, it's been great reading the cross section of views from people like @Budgie, @Mark from Brisbane, @ALinda, @Eagles4Life, @NREagle, @Woodsie, @globaleagle, @SeaEagleRock8, @manly al, @mickqld, @LeonardCohen and his very Cohenesk perspective, even @BOZO and his sometimes painful but passionate posts (c'mon Bozo, even you know it's over the top but sh't, there's no denying the passion or @The Wheel or @Mitch and the great club updates or the great junior updates that were sorely missed when @Smokin Joe took some time out - just to name a few. Come on folks, let's not make it too complicated. The one thing we do have in common is wanting the Sea Eagles to play well and hopefully win another Premiership before I cark it. Ok, that's probably just me. Anyway, let's just get on with it. Let's stop dropping off if we really love talking footy and more specifically, Manly. And if any of the folks that have left actually read this - firstly, get some help for reading anything I have to say and then get back on here and give me something more profound to talk about - the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles 😂
Just seems to be a bit of a pattern sometimes and unfortunately when regular and good contributors just stop posting for whatever reason and unexpectedly
Even before you finally joined , can recall dedicated posters like Batty , the Better Robo ,Kevin Ward , Snake no doubt a couple of others as well just leaving suddenly .
Woodsie was good value and like you with a good witty attribute as well .
Anyway who is to know , all posters have something worthwhile to offer , regardless of how frequently or infrequently they may post .
The agree to disagree and mutual respect approach is always the most desirable outlook of course, footy related or other wise and which you certainly practice .
Hope that you can keep your good input going on a long term basis

Understand this perspective too but also think to give credit where credit is due and he has done everything expected of him to fit into the Manly way so to speak and reestablishing himself as a good level i st grader again .
And the added benefit at this early stage at least performing quite well as a 13 in a position that on balance does need a bit more attacking ability to lift the Manly overall performance level .
Anyway again does seem to be showing or indicating some good professionalism and willingness to do well in a Manly jersey so lets hope that it continues to work out
Well said Al and today's interview in the Club News thread confirms what you're saying. I've never liked the guy but he seems to have matured and done everything asked of him in the preseason (of course it's in his best interests to) and yes hopefully it continues. My other concern is that he keeps his discipline in check, as he'll be useless to us if he's suspended.

What do you think of David Gillespie or Joe Galavau??

Just seems to be a bit of a pattern sometimes and unfortunately when regular and good contributors just stop posting for whatever reason and unexpectedly
Even before you finally joined , can recall dedicated posters like Batty , the Better Robo ,Kevin Ward , Snake no doubt a couple of others as well just leaving suddenly .
Woodsie was good value and like you with a good witty attribute as well .
Anyway who is to know , all posters have something worthwhile to offer , regardless of how frequently or infrequently they may post .
The agree to disagree and mutual respect approach is always the most desirable outlook of course, footy related or other wise and which you certainly practice .
Hope that you can keep your good input going on a long term basis
My apologies to all for the late night rant. Clearly, one sherb too many with dinner. 🫣

I think the problem is we are all different make ups , with different opinions.

I have zero issues with anyone debating an opinion , it’s a forum after all , but I do think attacking the man not the ball is in poor taste.

For the first time I’ve activated a block , and there will be a few others , that’s really been designed to take the agro out.

But it doesn’t mean that I don’t think it shouldn’t happen in the first place.
Yes I agree Mark, I have blocked one and we'll see how it goes about blocking anyone else .... personal attacks are childish at best and yet can be hurtful for some ..... blocking them gives them no space

I didn't like him when he was an eel .... love his effort and inspiration to younger team mates .... he is a Sea Eagle now

Well he achieved nothing at Parra and if he wins a premiership with us I for one will happily always remember him as a Sea-Eagle…
He may be ‘arrogant’ but we have had bigger DHs over the years (and still have 1 or 2)…
I watched “The Eagle Way” doco and Brown obviously has come with the right attitude and made a big impression on the squad during the preseason… he was “trainer of the week” at least once and rocked up to the 33-hour Manly torture session injured but ended up getting the award for going the hardest…
He said during the doco that he didn’t care about the money but he came to get his name back in the NRL and he wanted to pay Manly back for giving him a shot when nobody else would…
Could be a real good signing for us imo…

Yes I agree Mark, I have blocked one and we'll see how it goes about blocking anyone else .... personal attacks are childish at best and yet can be hurtful for some ..... blocking them gives them no space
It’s sad that we have to do that, but that’s social media for you.

I have zero issues about disagreeing with my views , and arguing that point , but as soon as it’s “ attack the person “ I’m just going to block them now.

I was very very close to not coming back , I had almost 6 months away and to be honest I missed it for the first month , and then never even logged in for a other 5.

I just read a Fox League article praising Morgan Harper as being “ the speedster the Eels needed “.

Good luck to him , hope he goes well , he was blasted on here but there’s no doubt he tried his guts out and apart from one disastrous day wasn’t quite as bad as many thought.

That said I can see why the club moved him on.

Well said Al and today's interview in the Club News thread confirms what you're saying. I've never liked the guy but he seems to have matured and done everything asked of him in the preseason (of course it's in his best interests to) and yes hopefully it continues. My other concern is that he keeps his discipline in check, as he'll be useless to us if he's suspended.
Bit worried about Easts, they'll be goading and niggling him, especially JWH it's the only thing he does well these days. Seib's will be reminding him on what he needs to bring to the team on Sunday, think he'll have a great game tbh.

I just read a Fox League article praising Morgan Harper as being “ the speedster the Eels needed “.

Good luck to him , hope he goes well , he was blasted on here but there’s no doubt he tried his guts out and apart from one disastrous day wasn’t quite as bad as many thought.

That said I can see why the club moved him on.
Harper is a funny one… I have 2 games I clearly remember of Morgan’s… one is the obvious one but the other was against the tits at Mudgee? When he absolutely shut down David Fifita…
Go figure, eh?

… although he was returning after Covid against the sharks so maybe the coach wears some of the blame for selecting him in the first place…

Last edited:
Interesting one with Talau on the wing , may not have the general impact that Ray Ray can sometimes provide but the slightly safer option consideration coming into play no doubt and looks like rates O K on the individual ability scale as well .
Maybe would have liked a Sipley impact type forward instead of Waddell but sure that Cory will still put in a whole hearted effort.
Shaping up as a Big Game type contest if both sides bring their Vagas form to the game
Stood up to the Roosters pack in the trial real well minus Jake and Haumole, fairly mobile Roosters forward line up but Manly no slouches as well .
Not sure of the general betting odds but Manly can surely fancy themselves with a similar effort and game approach as they showed recently against the Bunnies

Both the Reggies and 1st Grade are going to be great games. What a way to spend an Autumn Sunday afternoon.

I have convinced the wife to come along, so I had to get grandstand seats. This will be her second time ever attending a Manly game and so far she has not seen Manly lose. In fact, the first time was last year against the Dolphins and we had front row seats, next to the fence on the Western side on about the 40m line, and she has plenty of photos of Rubin Garrick's butt, when he was kicking goals from the sideline. Let's hope my wife attending is a good omen.

I just have one particular wish for this game… can somebody please absolutely smash Victor with a great old school hit just below the ball in the rib cage (ala Terry Randall or Ian Robert’s style).

I just have one particular wish for this game… can somebody please absolutely smash Victor with a great old school hit just below the ball in the rib cage (ala Terry Randall or Ian Robert’s style).
Jake is the Man . He was very intimidating in Vegas .
JWH needs to get his balls rattled as well

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8