Woodsie's Team List Tuesdays

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We lost by 4 points with everything against us and you want changes 🫣 Talau will play if fit. Sipley probably needs a week in Reggie’s for match fitness. Unfortunately Paulo will be there until Saab is back.
Just think Talau offers more than Paulo and this stage.

I thought Jakob may have got a run against his old mob seeing he was a preseason training stand out.

Just think Talau offers more than Paulo and this stage.

I thought Jakob may have got a run against his old mob seeing he was a preseason training stand out.

Talau definitely better than Paulo. Perhaps they are giving him as long as possible to get over his ankle. Although, I would say he will come in for Ray. Who is pretty ordinary as well.

Can’t see too much change this week, the below is most likely..

1. Tommy
2. Talua
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Paulo
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Tent
9. Croker
10. Alioia
11. Guaca
12. Ben T
13. Jake

14. Lawton
15. Sipley
16. Duck
17. Brown

What I think is the way to go based on availability within the squad.

1. Tommy
2. Garrick
3. Koula
4. Ben T
5. Paulo
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Tent
9. Croker
10. Jake
11. Guaca
12. Lawton
13. Brown

14. Humphries / Gordie
15. Sipley
16. Bully
17. Duck

When Fit Lodge, Saab and Schuster come in for Duck, Paulo and Lawton..

Can’t see too much change this week, the below is most likely..

1. Tommy
2. Talua
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Paulo
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Tent
9. Croker
10. Alioia
11. Guaca
12. Ben T
13. Jake

14. Lawton
15. Sipley
16. Duck
17. Brown

What I think is the way to go based on availability within the squad.

1. Tommy
2. Garrick
3. Koula
4. Ben T
5. Paulo
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Tent
9. Croker
10. Jake
11. Guaca
12. Lawton
13. Brown

14. Humphries / Gordie
15. Sipley
16. Bully
17. Duck

When Fit Lodge, Saab and Schuster come in for Duck, Paulo and Lawton..
It looks pretty good, @Dion Johnson If we move Jake to starting prop, I think we need another middle with good leg speed to work with Paseka. Obviously, Jake is not that guy.
Perhaps we should give Bullemore 20 minutes at lock at the beginning of each half before Brown plays the remainder?

Lawton played his best football for us at left edge in 2021, and right now, I think he is a better option there than Burbo. In fact, when Schuster returns to the seventeen, he could do worse than job share that edge with Lawton.

I also think we should have both Sipley and Aloiai on the bench, which means Burbo and Waddell might miss out. When Lodge and Saab return, I have them coming in for Aloiai and Talau, respectively. Our forward depth is great, but obviously, we're still working on putting the right pieces in the right spots. I don't think we are far off.

1. Tommy
2. Talau
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Paulo
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Tent
9. Croker
10. Jake
11. Guaca
12. Lawton
13. Bullemore

14. Humphries
15. Brown
16. Aloiai
17. Sipley

Last edited:
Not sure where Woodsie is (if he's gone... RIP Woodsie) (speechless) but until he hopefully shows up ... this thread can keep his name up in lights.
For today, Paulo wins left wing.
Burbo left second row.
Jake at lock, Aloia starting prop
And bench - Waddell is my smoky (along with Lawton, Bull and Brown).
I too have been wondering about Woodsie, I hope the man is ok 👍

How about we chuck Turbo in the centres, and put Koula at FB, I know he doesnt want to play there but when you are on 1.2 million you will do as your told and it might snap him out of his slump, yes I hope Woodsie is ok as well eagleron

How about we chuck Turbo in the centres, and put Koula at FB, I know he doesnt want to play there but when you are on 1.2 million you will do as your told and it might snap him out of his slump, yes I hope Woodsie is ok as well eagleron
I'm just not sure Burbo has the speed anymore for centre. I get that he used to play there but he's been building up for the forwards and he doesn't seem to be any quicker than Parks now.

Edit: I'm sorry @master blaster, I misread Turbo for Burbo in the centres.

Going to be very hard to beat the Panthers. Even without Cleary and Fischer-Harris the Panthers do everything quicker than Manly. I just think they will spread the ball wide at every opportunity and expose our fragile defence out wide. God help us if they end up with repeat sets on our goal line!

What is a concern is that once Saab went down our lack of quality wing/centres was exposed - even after brinign in Paulo and Talau. Not sure we can carry Garrick as a centre but also not sure of the options. I fear if Burbo played centre he would be exposed by the speed of the Panthers centres. Appreciate the concerns re Parker but he can at least defend and slide well - but his lack of speed is an issue. We will need an absolute monster performance to win this.

Going to be very hard to beat the Panthers. Even without Cleary and Fischer-Harris the Panthers do everything quicker than Manly. I just think they will spread the ball wide at every opportunity and expose our fragile defence out wide. God help us if they end up with repeat sets on our goal line!

What is a concern is that once Saab went down our lack of quality wing/centres was exposed - even after brinign in Paulo and Talau. Not sure we can carry Garrick as a centre but also not sure of the options. I fear if Burbo played centre he would be exposed by the speed of the Panthers centres. Appreciate the concerns re Parker but he can at least defend and slide well - but his lack of speed is an issue. We will need an absolute monster performance to win this.
My dirty little secret is that I love watching the riff play… Their line speed, ball playing at the line and general resilience is as good as any team I have watched… and the way that rookies seamlessly meld into their system is just crazy…

Whilst obviously not on the same level as the great Manly teams 🥰, they remind me of the Canberra team of the late 80s and early-90s who just had that class and toughness across the park that you could not help but admire (well I couldn’t anyways)…

Mind you, I absolutely hated Broncos and Drizzle teams that were similarly classy over the years…

Classic Fox Sports:
1712027581436.png

One average game does not really make a slump?

See this is the thing everyone can play like a busted every week and no one gets dropped so they know they can get away with phoning it in

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8