Woods Stayski

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Agree with all of that. The issue for me arises when he gets a game ahead of younger players who are better than him.
They weren't better, that was the whole point. They provide more highlight reel moments, but picking Woods was a message that in the middle it is essential to do the little things well. Despite being past his best, he provided a consistent, competent presence up front. As you'd expect from someone with his experience.

Sipley finished the year playing probably at a career high level, but up until then his stamina, lateral defence, and general inconsistency was a problem. Keppie also finished well but Manly reportedly has lost patience with his rate of improvement, at least relative to his contract. Bull also showed his best form late in the year.

I'm hoping Sipley picks up next year where he left off this year, and Paseka too. I see Jake is a candidate for dally M prop of the year, not bad considering he kept being chosen at lock (!) Anyhow I don't expect to see Woods in our NRL side in 2024. If he is, it will probably mean we aren't improving fast enough.

Nordburg

First Grader
Well I hope he gets a contract, I'll keep my reasoning until those of you who can string a couple of sentences together without hideously incorrect gramma and the need to resort to 'gifs' have had your time in the sun stomping about like you had any role in this whatsoever. Duck I'm sick of this place, sorry guys, the guys I'm really talking to you know who you are.
Can you reveal your reasoning to those that know how to spell “grammar” correctly?

They weren't better, that was the whole point. They provide more highlight reel moments, but picking Woods was a message that in the middle it is essential to do the little things well. Despite being past his best, he provided a consistent, competent presence up front. As you'd expect from someone with his experience.

Sipley finished the year playing probably at a career high level, but up until then his stamina, lateral defence, and general inconsistency was a problem. Keppie also finished well but Manly reportedly has lost patience with his rate of improvement, at least relative to his contract. Bull also showed his best form late in the year.

I'm hoping Sipley picks up next year where he left off this year, and Paseka too. I see Jake is a candidate for dally M prop of the year, not bad considering he kept being chosen at lock (!) Anyhow I don't expect to see Woods in our NRL side in 2024. If he is, it will probably mean we aren't improving fast enough.
Woods did ok for the role he fulfilled, however im of the view that if you want an older head around the group at least make sure he's got something in his trophy cabinet so that the younger players can aspire to.

Thank god we still have some around here who can moderate their emotions to articulate what I can't

Woods did ok for the role he fulfilled, however im of the view that if you want an older head around the group at least make sure he's got something in his trophy cabinet so that the younger players can aspire to.
There's thousands of those wanting to play for minimum wage because their general attitude to life and ability to string a sentence together mean they are media darlings which subsists their earnings and promotes morale, plus have represented at the highest level and have the ability to deconstruct complicated systems and explain them to younger players.

Name them it's easy right?

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Woodsie Gonski wont get another Gig
The pace of the fast modern game has past him by
I am glad Seibs finally saw the light
Woodsie was once a great player on his day but all great days come to an end
Good bye and good luck Woodsie
Nothing personal but we do not miss your pedestrian Manly days

There's thousands of those wanting to play for minimum wage because their general attitude to life and ability to string a sentence together mean they are media darlings which subsists their earnings and promotes morale, plus have represented at the highest level and have the ability to deconstruct complicated systems and explain them to younger players.

Name them it's easy right?
The gift of the gab doesn't compensate for an empty trophy cabinet.

Woodsie Gonski wont get another Gig
The pace of the fast modern game has past him by
I am glad Seibs finally saw the light
Woodsie was once a great player on his day but all great days come to an end
Good bye and good luck Woodsie
Nothing personal but we do not miss your pedestrian Manly days
So fortunate @BOZO that when it comes to Bedroom and not the football field the terror of time does not diminish is feathered friend and we can keep up with the pace of the lovelies facing off against us for the ultimate GOAL!!!..... YUCK, sorry guys I'll see myself out, I remember when this place had fans and fans with knowledge of the game and the club and both, but now it's just a broader reflection of social media and society in general.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The fast modern game devours pedestrian players

The game has changed and the dynamic speedy players dominate

SPEED KILLS
and the faster you go the more pedestrian players you leave behind

Look at the panther dynamic forward pack going for their 4rth straight grand final

They run at you like fast ferocious relentless Haynes's

Look at their grand final opponent's headed by the Dynamic fast Hass

Let us not forget about the panthers and the Broncos fast dynamic backs either

At the end of the year it is the showdown of the fittest and the fastest
There are no Parkers parked in their back lines
Or dead Wood in their forward packs

Slow is a liability
There is absolutely no advantage of being slow
You cannot stop a player from scoring if you can not catch him

From Prop to wing
Speed Kills across the park
Speed is the Killer thing
1695690805309.png

Last edited:

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
So fortunate @BOZO that when it comes to Bedroom and not the football field the terror of time does not diminish is feathered friend and we can keep up with the pace of the lovelies facing off against us for the ultimate GOAL!!!..... YUCK, sorry guys I'll see myself out, I remember when this place had fans and fans with knowledge of the game and the club and both, but now it's just a broader reflection of social media and society in general.
I am sorry that you cannot keep up with the pace of the game and the pace of our Passionate Silvertails forum feathered friend
But we will always miss you and always look forward to having you back :h:

Last edited:
The fast modern game devours pedestrian players

The game has changed and the dynamic speedy players dominate

SPEED KILLS
and the faster you go the more pedestrian players you leave behind

Look at the panther dynamic forward pack going for their 4rth straight grand final

They run at you like fast ferocious relentless Haynes's

Look at their grand final opponent's headed by the Dynamic fast Hass

Lets us not forget about the panthers and the Broncos fast dynamic backs either

At the end of the year it is the showdown of the fittest and the fastest
There are no Parkers parked in their back lines
Or dead Woods in their forward packs

Slow is a liability
There is absolutely no advantage of being slow
You cannot stop a player from scoring if you can not catch him

From Prop to wing
Speed Kills across the park
Speed is the Killer thing
View attachment 25160
The intangible you haven't mentioned is Capewell. No Capewell = No GF.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I remember at school when the slowest kids were last picked up in the team on the play ground
and the team that had the fastest players won
Nothing has changed
Speed has always dominated

Manly Sea eagles are meant to fly !!!
Enjoy the Exhilarating Thrill of Speed feathered friends

Rocky

Bencher

I agree some of the guys needed a kick up the backside and/or a stint in Blacktown.

Notwithstanding that Woods played far too often for my liking.

But hey we only see 80 minutes a week so never know what is happening the rest of the week either.

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I remember at school when the slowest kids were last picked up in the team on the play ground
and the team that had the fastest players won
Nothing has changed
Speed has always dominated

Manly Sea eagles are meant to fly !!!
Enjoy the Exhilarating Thrill of Speed feathered friends
That brings a smile to my face , that was the night Tom could have dropped a $1 down the toilet and pulled out a gold watch !!
Did u also notice that the Schu was well and truly keeping pace with DCE and calling for the kick as well ,good times,,,,
Just sayin

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18