Woods Stayski

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I don’t see why everyone’s so happy he’s going (it he goes)

He’s well past his prime for sure, and hes not in my starting 17 for next year, but he is a cheap backup, and an experienced old head forward with a good attitude is the EXACT type of player you want training around all your young forwards….
Well you lost me at cheap and old. I'd rather someone young with drive and potential take up the top 30 in his stead. If he is to take up a mentor role for the youngsters it should be in a coaching capacity if that. But he is no where near first grade standard, especially if we are to be serious contenders next year.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Please say it an’t so😖😭😭😭😭😭 the best plodder ever.
1695708629855.png

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
All NRL careers come to an end and Woodie has had his day and done very well. I agree the top 30 needs to be freshened up. You don't have to be in the top 30 to be a mentor.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I don’t think Woods is the kind of bench player you can carry and expect to go deep into the finals. He’s the kinda guy you have around for experience when you’re rebuilding.

If we are serious about compiling a premiership roster, he has to go. There’d be younger and faster players starting their careers that would be just as cheap, and can have a 20 minute stint when we suffer an injury crisis.

I don’t think Woods is the kind of bench player you can carry and expect to go deep into the finals. He’s the kinda guy you have around for experience when you’re rebuilding.

If we are serious about compiling a premiership roster, he has to go. There’d be younger and faster players starting their careers that would be just as cheap, and can have a 20 minute stint when we suffer an injury crisis.
100%. If you want a guy that has a sense of humour and can lighten up the room...Woods is your guy. But if you have youngsters in the playing group that want to know how to win premierships, hes not that guy.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
You don't have to be in the top 30 to be a mentor.
Same goes for underwhelming centre / back row Parker who seibs says he is a great role model
You dont have to be in the top 30 to be a great role model
We have enough great mentors and role models on the field like DCE the the Turbos ,

eaglebuzz

Bencher
No club can fill their top 30 with NRL starting side quality players and stay under the cap. If he stays he just has to be cheap enough to justify it.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Every club has the opportunity to find up grades without affecting the cap

The moral of the story
Seek and you shall find

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Again people miss the point. You don't need an old under performing player because they are cheap just to fill the top 30. There are plenty of young and up and coming players who could fill a cheap spot that is worth developing.
This is why every club every year goes out in the market to upgrade their team
The only way is up with an upgrade

The moral of the story ..
Dont stay Stagnant
Upgrade your choices and you upgrade your life

2008 Champions
Manly 40 Storm NIL
We need to Upgrade and Break our own Record
1695786166519.png

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Again people miss the point. You don't need an old under performing player because they are cheap just to fill the top 30. There are plenty of young and up and coming players who could fill a cheap spot that is worth developing.
That’s a good perspective, however, who do you have in mind? We have lost four of our junior props with apparently massive potential.

I understand Des, has a philosophy that if you think you have enough props, sign another one, and while some may say Des is past it, just look at prop injuries during this year.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
That’s a good perspective, however, who do you have in mind? We have lost four of our junior props with apparently massive potential.

I understand Des, has a philosophy that if you think you have enough props, sign another one, and while some may say Des is past it, just look at prop injuries during this year.
We have a mind and a mind that does not live in the past
Des is no longer accountable for our choices and our position on the ladder

Pete W

Bencher
There must be a balance between youth and experience.

If your top line props are unavailable and you stack your game day line up with rookies in the middle, what do you think happens without a couple of experienced cool heads? It is a slaughter. Don't forget NRL is chaotic and brutal. Guys like Woods to come in when missing Jake, Aloiai, Taniela etc is essential for keeping a season alive.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
. Don't forget NRL is chaotic and brutal. Guys like Woods to come in when missing Jake, Aloiai, Taniela etc is essential for keeping a season alive.
We have seen the Woods guy come in our chaotic and brutal 2023 season
There was nothing to see as we sailed way out of the top 8

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18