Winners /Losers in “ Coachgate”

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Des will be under pressure from fans but I imagine he’s had plenty of discussions with the owners suggesting “ don’t expect the world with a team I’ve inherited not created”.

All coaches are under constant pressure but I just think Seibold would have the weight of the world on his shoulders.

I fully respect your thoughts, mate. The idea that Des most probably has had "Don't expect the world" talks with the club is most likely close to the mark.....but I can tell you Seibold hasn't had those talks. After day one, he already identified problem areas and things that need changing...and he's set about making those changes. I actually spoke to his dad an hour or so ago and he said Anthony loves a challenge and sees the broncos as a team that needs fine tuning in some areas....and bigger changes in others.

I would hope that Manly have told Des that we are entering a two way street with him. The club has given him a huge chance to get his career back on track. They've let him recruit who he thinks is best to get results in the coaching ranks. So now....we want those results. Not excuses.

If the broncos finish 6th again next year (I think they'll finish higher) and we finish 15th again (I'm hoping we finish much higher), I'll bet Des will be feeling more pressure than Seibold!

Lets meet in the middle..........surely the coach under the most pressure in the NRL next year would be Brad Arthur!!

I fully respect your thoughts, mate. The idea that Des most probably has had "Don't expect the world" talks with the club is most likely close to the mark.....but I can tell you Seibold hasn't had those talks. After day one, he already identified problem areas and things that need changing...and he's set about making those changes. I actually spoke to his dad an hour or so ago and he said Anthony loves a challenge and sees the broncos as a team that needs fine tuning in some areas....and bigger changes in others.

I would hope that Manly have told Des that we are entering a two way street with him. The club has given him a huge chance to get his career back on track. They've let him recruit who he thinks is best to get results in the coaching ranks. So now....we want those results. Not excuses.

If the broncos finish 6th again next year (I think they'll finish higher) and we finish 15th again (I'm hoping we finish much higher), I'll bet Des will be feeling more pressure than Seibold!

Lets meet in the middle..........surely the coach under the most pressure in the NRL next year would be Brad Arthur!!

That I can agree with ( your last paragraph).

I don’t disagree with anything you say mate , you are well connected in CQ and would know all the goss.

I just know the Broncos will be really demanding , and to be honest so they should be as they’ve thrown a **** load of $$$$ at winning a Premiership for absolutely zero return since 2006.

Totally agree about Seibold. He had little pressure really at Souths as people were expecting a transition. Broncos are a different animal and history has shown they don't suffer losing too well. Just ask Henjak and Griffin. There is no such thing as rebuilding at the Broncos and you can bet Wayne has set more booby traps than the Goonies for Seibold he had plenty of time to do it.

Talk about a rebuild.....a lot of those booby traps got swept out of the way today. Jason Demetriou has been sacked. So lets see.......out of Bennetts assistants, Demetriou, Hickmans, Barker and Scott have all been fired. After being told to stay away from the club for a week to give Seibold and his crew time to settle in...they had their email shut down and their things packed for them.

Sounds like neither the new coach or the club are mucking around. LOL!

Man....I hate the broncos!

That I can agree with ( your last paragraph).

I don’t disagree with anything you say mate , you are well connected in CQ and would know all the goss.

I just know the Broncos will be really demanding , and to be honest so they should be as they’ve thrown a **** load of $$$$ at winning a Premiership for absolutely zero return since 2006.

I agree. They needed change badly and they're going about it in a big way. I trust Des is doing the same sort of things here without all the fanfare. Under the radar and all that.....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8