Willis Meehan released

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This is a real shame...I was looking forward to seeing him in action at some stage. Massive dude and could have been our David Klemmer...an enforcer.

I think it's unfair to label him this, that, and the other when we know nothing about the guy. He is only human and has decided to put all his focus into boxing so good luck to him.

This is a real shame...I was looking forward to seeing him in action at some stage. Massive dude and could have been our David Klemmer...an enforcer.

I think it's unfair to label him this, that, and the other when we know nothing about the guy. He is only human and has decided to put all his focus into boxing so good luck to him.

You seem to have more time for a bloke who never laced up a boot for the club, than the bloke who is our captain and won us a premiership.

His brother Isaac did not play in the trial against the western Rams,maybe the whole family has pulled the pin on the Sea eagles?Who knows,maybe Isaac was injured?

You seem to be in the inner circle Smokin'. What's happening with Jamil.

Nah,not even the outer circle,maybe in orbit somewhere.....Don't know anything about Jamil. Albert played, so does that mean Jamil is sticking?My uneducated guess is the same as most,time in jail means they will wait to reinstate him.Make him sweat and see how much he wants to be back.

Really disappointing, must not have been up to it, obviously not driven or perhaps even not good enough for the NRL, so much potential just went straight down the drain @:(

Jake and Kapow can also play prop and is arguably their most suited positions.
I feel Taupau is far more suited to second-row and Jake is more durable and effective at lock. Although this is very highly debated on silvertails as you know. Hopefully the younger forwards and Myles really lift this year, still got a forward pack with plenty of potential although Meehans release shows that some are bound to not live up to it.

Yet another reason why 2017 will be one interesting year indeed

When I saw the Member Zone FB post it said " huge news ", I nearly wet myself and thought Nat Myles had announced his immediate retirement!!

Everyone's right though, Willis had done Jack **** yet, and potential means Zero.

Potentially Jennifer Hawkins is going to spend 6 months with me in my Caravan wearing nothing more than a skimpy Bikini each day , and each night , well " potentially " .......means Jack ****!!

WTF. NRL wouldnt register him? Bring on Faainga we have lost nothing. He's way too good not to at least be in our top 25 and available for selection. Either that or their is finally movement with one of our legends in the backs. Always expected a signing just before the season started the way those two were always in limbo till late Jan.

Last edited:
When I saw the Member Zone FB post it said " huge news ", I nearly wet myself and thought Nat Myles had announced his immediate retirement!!

Everyone's right though, Willis had done Jack **** yet, and potential means Zero.

Potentially Jennifer Hawkins is going to spend 6 months with me in my Caravan wearing nothing more than a skimpy Bikini each day , and each night , well " potentially " .......means Jack ****!!

Yeah.......

There's no way that was even 'potentially' going to happen! lol

Anyway Manly...onward and upward! (not related to Hawkings potential.)

WTF. NRL wouldnt register him? Bring on Faainga we have lost nothing. He's way too good not to at least be in our top 25 and available for selection. Either that or their is finally movement with one of our legends in the backs. Always expected a signing just before the season started the way those two were always in limbo till late Jan.
Where have you seen Faainga? QLD cup? Can you tell us about him?

Meehan would not have played until mid season and a few injuries anyway so no real loss this year but more so a potential loss in future years if he did make it big.

My gut tells me this was a club/player combined decision forced by the NRL refusing to register his contract. Club cannot afford to keep a player who cannot play where they want him and player can earn more by switching back to boxing.

You seem to have more time for a bloke who never laced up a boot for the club, than the bloke who is our captain and won us a premiership.
I am entitled to have an opinion on DCE as a footballer. I never attacked him as a person and repeatedly stated that I am fan, I simply want to see him return to peak form and I have been waiting a long time for it to happen.

A couple days after I gave my opinion, the guy himself came out and called his rep career "non existent" and spoke of his poor form candidly. Therefore I think my opinion is vindicated and your above statement is not.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8