Will we sign 1 or 2 first graders for 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Ok there's been a few signings of NSW cup level.
There are a few Top grade Manly players leaving.
Other teams have top grade players leaving and yes, they also need to "upgrade" players also.
We had interest in 1-2 Knights (better players) in a poor team, but I was told we were struggling financially by someone who knows far more than I, so will have to see how it pans out.
We continue to hear about these "Big 3" taking up the cap, but doing the math if we go to say Top 10 players, we level out with the majority of other teams,who seem able to buy more and more quality players.
Seems we need 2 or more unknown players to emerge to really compete against these other teams who are all able to build a stronger roster.....somehow.
Anyways, whats the thoughts....do we have 1 or 2 trickshots up the sleeves for new signings ?

Just seem to be at that transition stage with some younger players already in the system , really promising players like Weekes, [ in particular ] Tuitavake , Fifita , Sykes hopefully able to make an impact quite soon . Latu Fainu not that far off to be given a shot , young centre Fletcher Myers seems to have some real ability as well . Emphasis just seems more inclined to look internally with up and comers right now

Just seem to be at that transition stage with some younger players already in the system , really promising players like Weekes, [ in particular ] Tuitavake , Fifita , Sykes hopefully able to make an impact quite soon . Latu Fainu not that far off to be given a shot , young centre Fletcher Myers seems to have some real ability as well . Emphasis just seems more inclined to look internally with up and comers right now
Yep, I think we're going to have to hold our nerve a bit with the younger blokes and hope they come on as we hope. BUT we could certainly do with a smart experienced player to help those blokes transition to the next level.

Last edited:
Jeez we are going to miss Foran in many ways. But particularly the experience side of it.

We need to add some seasoned, good egg, professionals. No coincidence that Cronulla had a stellar season and that Finucane would have had a big influence on the culture.

I know guys on here have been crying out for a Ben Kennedy type character. And tha;ts exactly what we need.

But can't see any on the market that will fit into our cap.

I don't see any decent first graders signing here from elsewhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if player managers tell their clients steer clear of Manly unless they make a stupid inflated offer, the place is toxic and will ruin your career.

When we were a powerhouse 10-15 years ago it would have been a different story, we should have been able to attract decent players at a reduced cost like the roosters do now.
There is no way we will continue our record of a premiership every decade with Penn running the club.

Does anybody know the real reason so many of our team failed to try in the last 7-8 matches of our season?
Has the club redressed this issue? If not, why should a lifelong supporter like me bother to put in the effort when so many of the non-trying players will be representing us again in 2023?

Jeez we are going to miss Foran in many ways. But particularly the experience side of it.

We need to add some seasoned, good egg, professionals. No coincidence that Cronulla had a stellar season and that Finucane would have had a big influence on the culture.

I know guys on here have been crying out for a Ben Kennedy type character. And tha;ts exactly what we need.

But can't see any on the market that will fit into our cap.
Yep ,I think Foran was the inspirational leader the past two seasons.
Sh1t is really going to unravel fast if that job is left for the actual captain to do.

Does anybody know the real reason so many of our team failed to try in the last 7-8 matches of our season?
Has the club redressed this issue? If not, why should a lifelong supporter like me bother to put in the effort when so many of the non-trying players will be representing us again in 2023?
I don't know. But I do know I have cancelled my FOX sports package and won't be adding it again next season. I have purchased a AM/FM/SW radio and will be watching any Manly games televised on Channel 9 and listening to Manly games not televised on 9 on my new radio (just like I did in the 1970's). Sad but true

I don't know. But I do know I have cancelled my FOX sports package and won't be adding it again next season. I have purchased a AM/FM/SW radio and will be watching any Manly games televised on Channel 9 and listening to Manly games not televised on 9 on my new radio (just like I did in the 1970's). Sad but true
It's actually the best way to follow a game imo, i loved listening to Manly games by the continuous call team before i got fox.
I think it's being unable to see what's going and hanging off every word that makes the match more exciting, not to mention the TV commentators on both channels are absolute ****.

We don't need new signings, just tell the pride 7 if we lose a game they must wear the pride jersey all week and post pics to their socials.
I disagree feathered friend

Rebuilding is an essential strategy to excel

Player like Api , The Cheese , Kikau ,Papalii ,Kaufusi , Bromwich Walker , have all been signing to strengthen other clubs

It was time to move on from Foran, Taupau and IMO DCE but alas. They are past their best and aren't going to take you to a premiership. We need to build a team like what happened from 2005 to the great era of 2007-2013.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4