Will Siebs bring in Fainu at 6 when he turns 18?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Wariuh

With all the current dramas going on with our stable 5/8th, any chance siebs could bring in Latu? Not exactly sure if he's ready or not, just wanting to see what youse all think?

I think they had Latu play for Blacktown last week, and he had a game to forget.

So possibly they are giving him time in a higher grade to get some experience. I'm not sure but I 'feel' like he won't be bought in at 18 straight away. -I'm assuming he is 18 this season?

Also, one bad game isn't a disaster, but I think it's a reality check of work to be done.

Anyway, once the great unwashed wake up...they'll probably have better info.

Turns 18 on the 28th May. We playbthe Knights that same day (round 13).

But to answer your question, no I don't think he comes straight in, not unless he has 3 straight motm performances for Blacktown.

I think he is 50/50 to get a debut this season, no need to rush him

Would Croker to 6 work if Gordie plays 9? He started as a half.

Latu Fainu looks to be a very talented young fellow. But recent reports suggest he has a way to go in development before he can be considered for a half/five eighth role in first grade. We've already seen how Weekes is finding the transition challenging. Both will, I believe, succeed. But like players we've lost in Tom Wright, Albert Hopoate etc some young players take more time to reach that stage. Still do, but just takes a little longer. I suspect Latu has a year or two yet. If Schuster self destructs certainly they'll want him ready. If not I suspect the kid will be looking at DCE's position when the great half retires.

Would Croker to 6 work if Gordie plays 9? He started as a half.
I think this might be our only option but Gordie is still too inexperienced to be in NRL fulltime. He has to be eased into the role gradually.
The #9 position is the most important role in the team yet you wouldn't think that judging by the way we've ignored this fact since we let Api go and Manase went.

Remember that was Fainus first game in reserves. So no. Unless he does an 18yr old Freddy Fittler, then a hard no. The bloke I believe deserves a shot is Jake Toby. I’ve pumped his tyres up before, but he plays fullback, he is far from a spring chicken at 26.But is a switched on player (pardon the pun. He is an electrician by trade), and seems to have a good mature head on his shoulders.Currently out injured. Should be back next week.

Remember that was Fainus first game in reserves. So no. Unless he does an 18yr old Freddy Fittler, then a hard no. The bloke I believe deserves a shot is Jake Toby. I’ve pumped his tyres up before, but he plays fullback, he is far from a spring chicken at 26.But is a switched on player (pardon the pun. He is an electrician by trade), and seems to have a good mature head on his shoulders.Currently out injured. Should be back next week.

I've seen him play a few times and agree - is likely to have done better than the (possibly more talented but less mature) players we brought through instead of him. Works his guts out, tough, knows where and when to run, where to pop up in support etc.

Personally don't see Toby as a serious first grade option
He may not be a first grade option in some people's eyes but he would be better than Tuipolutu. Sure he is no winger but he has that drive that is needed when the team is on the attack. Might be what we need at fullback just for the attack.

Latu Fainu looks to be a very talented young fellow. But recent reports suggest he has a way to go in development before he can be considered for a half/five eighth role in first grade. We've already seen how Weekes is finding the transition challenging. Both will, I believe, succeed. But like players we've lost in Tom Wright, Albert Hopoate etc some young players take more time to reach that stage. Still do, but just takes a little longer. I suspect Latu has a year or two yet. If Schuster self destructs certainly they'll want him ready. If not I suspect the kid will be looking at DCE's position when the great half retires.
Saturday was my first full viewing of Fainu. Whilst generally he had a quiet game he was in a team which was completely outplayed by a bigger and older side. But on a couple of occasions Fainu displayed flashes of substantial talent. He has a very nice passing game, has speed off the mark, and one heavy collision with the opposition FB also indicated his defence will be OK. So I am confident Manly has a very talented and exciting prospect in this young man, although no doubt it would be prudent not to rush his progression up the grades.

Tuipolutu must train the house down , because he doesn't bring much else to the table.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4