Will Siebs bring in Fainu at 6 when he turns 18?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think this might be our only option but Gordie is still too inexperienced to be in NRL fulltime. He has to be eased into the role gradually.
The #9 position is the most important role in the team yet you wouldn't think that judging by the way we've ignored this fact since we let Api go and Manase went.

Croker was used at 6 in the past and was at best average. He doesnt have the creativity needed for the position. If not Schuster, then we can only hope either Weekes or Latu Fainu develop, as they have the skills to handle the position. They're still not ready though and could be a year off.

Funny you should say that when he first got injured seibold mentioned that he was one of our form players. 🤦
Tuipulotu is unappreciated here but he does a power of work. Needs to keep working on his game of course.
He and Raymond have both been mooted as potential centres, no idea if the club sees any potential there but it is an interesting idea.

He may not be a first grade option in some people's eyes but he would be better than Tuipolutu. Sure he is no winger but he has that drive that is needed when the team is on the attack. Might be what we need at fullback just for the attack.
He had his own sparky business, but put it all on hold to concentrate on footy 100%. And Manly obviously saw something in him by extending his train and trial for the rest of the season. There’s been a few mature age players lately that have cracked 1st grade at other clubs. I’d love to see Jake take that final step up at Manly.

[/QUOTE]
Manly have a thing for big, powerful, slow wingers with feet for hands. I think its been over a decade since we haven't had one
After Jake's attempt at diving on the loose ball on the ground on the weekend. The feet for hands goes way beyond our wingers unfortunately.

Croker was used at 6 in the past and was at best average. He doesnt have the creativity needed for the position. If not Schuster, then we can only hope either Weekes or Latu Fainu develop, as they have the skills to handle the position. They're still not ready though and could be a year off.
I seem to remember Croker just starting to hit his straps as 5/8 when he did his knee for the 2nd time. But that's a while ago now, so would be asking a lot. I think our immediate best option is hoping Shu can sort himself out sooner rather than later. Fainu looks the next best up an comer and if does develop as we hope, I would really like to see him at 5/8 and Shu at 13 in a year or so.

Tuipulotu is unappreciated here but he does a power of work. Needs to keep working on his game of course.
He and Raymond have both been mooted as potential centres, no idea if the club sees any potential there but it is an interesting idea.
Raymond is way in front of this bloke.
Tuipulotu cant catch, cant defend and doesn't belong anywhere near our top side.

Tuipulotu cant catch, cant defend and doesn't belong anywhere near our top side.
Raymond is another Tafua. can't catch a bomb, slow as a wet week.
and is one shoulder charge away from being sent off.
We need another quality winger like Garrick. Surely they aren't that hard to find are they?

yeah, he's really gone down a few pegs since 2021. I feel he's carrying an injury, his hit ups aren't as strong this season and his positional play when defending, well, he's constantly in no mans land.

I seem to remember Croker just starting to hit his straps as 5/8 when he did his knee for the 2nd time. But that's a while ago now, so would be asking a lot. I think our immediate best option is hoping Shu can sort himself out sooner rather than later. Fainu looks the next best up an comer and if does develop as we hope, I would really like to see him at 5/8 and Shu at 13 in a year or so.

That's the point SE68. Fainu could be the solution but it will take a year or two. He's not close to ready. Weekes showed that, despite being a champion 5/8 in the juniors, the move up requires further development. They'll get there but not yet. Croker doesnt have the ball skills. Tough, top tackler, gives 100% but Manly needs an organiser there. We've seen already at hooker he does his best but doesnt inspire. Schuster (or Turbo) is the only one in the club at present who has the developed state to orchestrate.

That's the point SE68. Fainu could be the solution but it will take a year or two. He's not close to ready. Weekes showed that, despite being a champion 5/8 in the juniors, the move up requires further development. They'll get there but not yet. Croker doesnt have the ball skills. Tough, top tackler, gives 100% but Manly needs an organiser there. We've seen already at hooker he does his best but doesnt inspire. Schuster (or Turbo) is the only one in the club at present who has the developed state to orchestrate.
Yep, in full agreement.

Who is this kids mgr that he can be on a million contract at age 16?

Tartak?

Yes:

That's the point SE68. Fainu could be the solution but it will take a year or two. He's not close to ready.

It is not his fault, but he's in our top 30 and we'd already paying quite a few guys in the squad much less than Latu is being paid as a 17-year old with 0 NRL games to date... so I think it's reasonable to ask when he might be ready.

Yes:

It is not his fault, but he's in our top 30 and we'd already paying quite a few guys in the squad much less than Latu is being paid as a 17-year old with 0 NRL games to date... so I think it's reasonable to ask when he might be ready.

Maybe so but to expect brilliance is ... shall I say... somewhat unrealistic. We've seen these young kids such as Tom Wright, Albert Hopoate, Weekes just to name three coming with high expectations struggle at first. Some fit in well but even they have problems. Koula has played well but not exceptional. Sua'ali'i has been good but he's also outside an outstanding back line. Generally it takes time. Too often many on this site look for immediate gratification and put down those who dont display brilliance straight away. In some sense that applies even to Schuster who has still only played a hand full of fist grade games at 5/8 yet already they are wanting to trade him off. All I'm saying is Latu Fainu may turn into something exceptional. But not today. Give him time.

With all the current dramas going on with our stable 5/8th, any chance siebs could bring in Latu? Not exactly sure if he's ready or not, just wanting to see what youse all think?
I don't see why not. The current sixes we have been using haven't done anything to own the position

Wouldn’t have to show or excite too much and would be a huge upgrade on John’s,

John’s was horrible playing for Workers when little Blake Taffe steam rolled him a few weeks ago.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7