Will DCE go to the Dolphins?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will DCE be at the Dolphins at the start of '23?

• Total voters
Would be great for our club.

He’s never been worth his $1.25m price tag. The sooner we can rebuild a new valves combo for the future the better.

Great club man but not worth $1.25m.
I'm interested in people's thoughts if Dce was to leave (hypothetically)... who would be our starting halves in 2023??

In 'Northern Beaches Review' this week Adam Lucius writes:

"Dolphins Nosing DCE
The Dolphins' inclusion in the NRL premiership from 2023 immediately sparked speculation Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans would be on their radar.
And it's not hard to see why the dots are being joined. DCE hails from the Dolphins' base at Redcliffe in Brisbane, he enjoys a great relationship with the club's new coach Wayne Bennett and he would be the perfect fit to captain the start-up franchise.
Cherry-Evans is contracted until the end of 2023 but that won't stop the Dolphins from pushing for an early release. So would he actually leave the Sea Eagles?
The smart money says no. The 32-year-old has long said he wants to see out his current deal with a view to extending beyond 2023, and his young family is more than happy with life on the northern beaches. It would take an offer of a lifetime - even better than the one he's on now - to prise him away, but the cashed-up Dolphins will certainly take a crack."

I guess he had to write something about DCE and his connection with Redcliffe but it really doesn't have much substance.
We don't want to go through the whole DCE flipping and flopping thing, like he did with us and the Tits. Anyway he's got 2yrs to run on his contract at 1.2m a season. Can't see Redcliffe matching or bettering what he's on now at his age. If they do he might be tempted, but in all reality can't really see this happening.

Sydney is Daly’s home now, he’s said that numerous times - particularly with his partner Vessa and their girls. He seems extremely comfortable in Sydney and I wouldn’t even see him going back up to QLD post career.
Ala fatty who lived here many years

let him go ,

the deveolpement of walker cust, croker ,schuster, fainu, humphries and possible weekes with a possible manase return makes out team look a fair bit different

tom could move to 6 to give more space to our outside backs if we got a killer FB as we need a presence up front controlling the game. he seems to be pretty vested and with the right kicking options throughout the team he could switch . in saying that if he was fancied by the swans i reckon he can kick. just a idea if the right fullback came around. the sooner TOM is made captain the better. he is manlys man with foz vc.

we need a bit more foran next year. he is the other follow me man

In the fair dinkum department we could loan cherry out next season and use the 1.2 million and have a far better chance of winning a comp . with us most likely having a bit more coin atm as our roster isnt finalised we could get a classy hooker maybe the cheese, a beast second rower and a suave arse centre or fullback minimum and play walker, schuster , foran and cust in the halves with croker and lawnton as back up to both hooker and halves on bench

we also have to get over the fact that jake earns plenty and rest him every game. Change our style somewhat so he isnt AS integrel, and get another quality backrower in the contest with the purchasing, to help tighten the ruck so our tall timber prop rotation can be more fit for purpose. they are built for a game that relies on slick service and early momentum to allow them to conserve a little in defence

then just imagine if we could offload tapaus salary as well.

let him go and with marty off season next year we could be entering the market like the roosters and the eels

He has some special skills for sure and is pretty to watch but sqaud balance would improve overall and we are not winning a comp unless he transforms overnight

DCE is will turn 33 in February 2022 and he will turn 34 before kick off season 2023. Every good career comes to an end and I would not be extending his contract beyond season 2023. We need to develop young players and build into the future.
Apparently, Penn is thinking, to ward off Redcliffe the Sea Eagles will offer DCE a further 2yr extension after playing out the 23 season. Probably on the same coin as well, that will take him to 36 and the highest paid player to be offered this sort of deal at 32.

Apparently, Penn is thinking, to ward off Redcliffe the Sea Eagles will offer DCE a further 2yr extension after playing out the 23 season. Probably on the same coin as well, that will take him to 36 and the highest paid player to be offered this sort of deal at 32.
Chez said last year when talk he was going to go to the Broncos that he would like to extend his contract at Manly but he understands it wouldn't be the same money then look at a coaching role in the club

let him go ,

the deveolpement of walker cust, croker ,schuster, fainu, humphries and possible weekes with a possible manase return makes out team look a fair bit different

tom could move to 6 to give more space to our outside backs if we got a killer FB as we need a presence up front controlling the game. he seems to be pretty vested and with the right kicking options throughout the team he could switch . in saying that if he was fancied by the swans i reckon he can kick. just a idea if the right fullback came around. the sooner TOM is made captain the better. he is manlys man with foz vc.

we need a bit more foran next year. he is the other follow me man

In the fair dinkum department we could loan cherry out next season and use the 1.2 million and have a far better chance of winning a comp . with us most likely having a bit more coin atm as our roster isnt finalised we could get a classy hooker maybe the cheese, a beast second rower and a suave arse centre or fullback minimum and play walker, schuster , foran and cust in the halves with croker and lawnton as back up to both hooker and halves on bench

we also have to get over the fact that jake earns plenty and rest him every game. Change our style somewhat so he isnt AS integrel, and get another quality backrower in the contest with the purchasing, to help tighten the ruck so our tall timber prop rotation can be more fit for purpose. they are built for a game that relies on slick service and early momentum to allow them to conserve a little in defence

then just imagine if we could offload tapaus salary as well.

let him go and with marty off season next year we could be entering the market like the roosters and the eels

He has some special skills for sure and is pretty to watch but sqaud balance would improve overall and we are not winning a comp unless he transforms overnight
Loan DCE out next year = better chance at winning the comp? I’ll have what you’re smoking

Chez said last year when talk he was going to go to the Broncos that he would like to extend his contract at Manly but he understands it wouldn't be the same money then look at a coaching role in the club
Hopefully that's the case Marto, Chez wont be expecting Manly to keep the current deal of 1.2m to remain in place after 2023, regardless of what the Dolphins might offer him. Bennet would want him now not at 34.

Hopefully that's the case Marto, Chez wont be expecting Manly to keep the current deal of 1.2m to remain in place after 2023, regardless of what the Dolphins might offer him. Bennet would want him now not at 34.
Yes cannot see them chasing him at 34 and you would think Chez would be motivated to get a premiership with Manly a top 4 side rather than going through a ground up build at a new club

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2