Will any youngsters step up this year?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah not sure mate, Kaeo Weekes i expect to make an impact. As Seibold mentioned him in podcast. The new young group of middles you mentioned there certainly a opp for them given how underwhelming our props have been last 12 months.
GCT I love to get a shot on trials in at 9 with nrl squad and see where he is no doubt it's Croker spot but that position needs competition.

Ray Vaega could surprise. I haven't seen much of him so not sure how he goes in defence or 'bomb disposal' but if one of our wingers goes down he might really make his mark, a very powerful runner.

Ray Vaega could surprise. I haven't seen much of him so not sure how he goes in defence or 'bomb disposal' but if one of our wingers goes down he might really make his mark, a very powerful runner.
Yeah Ray certainly did not make debut at great time with aftermath of jerseygate. Given Saab unlikely to be there for round 1 he be a shot for sure

I think young Fulton we got a glimpse of in 2022 could well add energy and have enough versatility to have a real shot at the Top 17 consistently in 2023.
Very confident Weekes will get plenty of opportunity and will take them.
The Fainu bros are potential superstars and if not 2022, most definitely 2023.
The big unit Tuitavake has all the tools to be a Super impact player, but had some serious injuries and if over them and fresh - look out, he will bust many hapless defenders with Power charges.
Fifita is that big athletic forward you just know has the natural attributes and if commitment matches ability, we have another great forward here.
Humphreys will get time with the energetic GCT at 9, but also a halves cover I would have well before Johns jnr....GCT I rate and would have given him more time in 2022....thing is we could well have signing of 2023 in Roache who has Massive upside and been told training staff are very confident injury issues are behind him and ready for a breakout season, watch this bloke go - serious talent.

I think young Fulton we got a glimpse of in 2022 could well add energy and have enough versatility to have a real shot at the Top 17 consistently in 2023.
Very confident Weekes will get plenty of opportunity and will take them.
The Fainu bros are potential superstars and if not 2022, most definitely 2023.
The big unit Tuitavake has all the tools to be a Super impact player, but had some serious injuries and if over them and fresh - look out, he will bust many hapless defenders with Power charges.
Fifita is that big athletic forward you just know has the natural attributes and if commitment matches ability, we have another great forward here.
Humphreys will get time with the energetic GCT at 9, but also a halves cover I would have well before Johns jnr....GCT I rate and would have given him more time in 2022....thing is we could well have signing of 2023 in Roache who has Massive upside and been told training staff are very confident injury issues are behind him and ready for a breakout season, watch this bloke go - serious talent.
Sounds like they all will! @:D

Sounds like they all will! @:D
I hope so...more a description so Silvertails know what each individual potentially brings.
In saying that, based on what the Top 17 showed last season, there is a chance that 5 players could seriously push for a spot and personally, hope they are good enough to raise the bar so we don't rely on having to select the same players under performing likw we did in 2022.

Would like to see Tuitavake and Weekes. Tuitavake similar build to Leota from the panthers (needs an injury free run) and Weekes looks like a first grader - just needs a position.
Was going to post the exact same comment MW66, I liked what saw from Tuitavake in a trial last season and Weeks could be anything, exciting times ahead for both players.

I expect the boys will sense the new opportunity with the change of coaches and will give it real go during the pre season and trials. If S, F & D manage to connect with the playing group particularly those that may have felt like they were on the outer previously that could change things dramatically. My mates and I were at Long Reef when they trained there and we were all amazed how hard they were going. They looked motivated and were pushing each other. I liked what I saw. I'm am really looking forward to the trials this year.

Has their ever been a time that we've had great depth to chose from. Scratching my head on this, maybe going back to the 70's and 80's I guess ?
Not wrong about the '70s, we had a future Kangaroos captain who had to play 119 reserve grade games before he could break into Manly's first grade side!

Ray Viva Las Vegas is a favourite of mine and had one of the best debut scoring tries in spectacular fashion .He is powerful and very Athletic

We also have Weeks , Fifita, Tuitavake the Fearless Fulton and quite a few others that have so much potential

The competition from our young up and coming players that are loaded with high testosterone will bring the best out of our squad

What I like about Seibold is that he is known to give young players with potential a go

Not wrong about the '70s, we had a future Kangaroos captain who had to play 119 reserve grade games before he could break into Manly's first grade side!
What a Great Clubman Max Krillich was and off course a legendary premiership winning captain as well

GCT I love to get a shot on trials in at 9 with nrl squad and see where he is no doubt it's Croker spot but that position needs competition.
All starting spots at Manly should be on lease each week and not owned

Every Manly player should be given the opportunity to lease a top 17 position each week based of performance

How would you feel if you were a player and your coach looked at you and every player in the whole squad and tells all of you that the top 17 spots are already owned ?

Read that Seibold rated his best season to be his first Brisbane season (ok well it wouldn't be his second season there) over his semifinal run with Souths.

And he particularly mentioned how he blooded a heap of youngsters and gave Carrigan the captain job at age 20.

Sounds like the Manly youngsters will get a run if they are ready.

Read that Seibold rated his best season to be his first Brisbane season (ok well it wouldn't be his second season there) over his semifinal run with Souths.

And he particularly mentioned how he blooded a heap of youngsters and gave Carrigan the captain job at age 20.

Sounds like the Manly youngsters will get a run if they are ready.
That young blooded Seabold Brisbane team made the top 8 in his first season

But internal politics egos and agendas corrupted the whole club after that

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4