Will any youngsters step up this year?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Koula will be regarded as one of the best centres in the competition by the end of the season.

The rest I'm not sure about. To have a young prop emerge we're going to need better service at the advantage line.

Zac Fulton probably should be in the likely category to make some progress . Has that natural good competitive drive and reasonable footy ability . That 's half the battle of getting to that higher level . Fletcher - Myers apparently has the attributes to develop into a quality back , if not this season or trial , won't be too far away from getting an opportunity at Manly

Read that Seibold rated his best season to be his first Brisbane season (ok well it wouldn't be his second season there) over his semifinal run with Souths.

And he particularly mentioned how he blooded a heap of youngsters and gave Carrigan the captain job at age 20.

Sounds like the Manly youngsters will get a run if they are ready.
Yes and no. He also said he's learned from his mistakes!
i think he was referring to shedding too many of the Broncos old guard in one hit. The large number of talented youngsters blinded him possibly, at the cost of losing too much NRL experience?

The rest I'm not sure about. To have a young prop emerge we're going to need better service at the advantage line
True. I'm wondering how high Sea Eagle hooker Croker can soar?
After a couple of years as an injury-plagued novice 5/8 he's reinvented himself as a tough tackling dummy half. In only his second full year in the role he was Manly's best player.

Maybe in this 3rd year he'll be nudging for NRL's best player?

All starting spots at Manly should be on lease each week and not owned

Every Manly player should be given the opportunity to lease a top 17 position each week based of performance

How would you feel if you were a player and your coach looked at you and every player in the whole squad and tells all of you that the top 17 spots are already owned ?
Look that's fair I just don't see a stand out to take it off Lachlan. We have not see enough of GCT there well nothing to go off and Lawton been used as back rower but it is a new regime

Look that's fair I just don't see a stand out to take it off Lachlan. We have not see enough of GCT there well nothing to go off and Lawton been used as back rower but it is a new regime
There is an old but true saying that we are all only as good as our last performance
and This leasing of the Legendary Manly jersey does not only apply to Lachlan .
It should apply to all players

If we want to inspire spirited competition amongst all our playing group
This is the philosophy we must embrace

The moral of the story
The Legendary Manly jersey is not owned
All Manly NRL jerseys are on lease to the best performing players

See the source image

Last edited:
I’m really keen to see GCKT play a big part of our 2023 campaign.

I’m of Chinese background and growing up there was no representation.

I’m hoping he can inspire the next gen of Chinese/Asian background kids to play in the NRL.
I hope he can be our first Manly Chinese International or premiership winning player
Being of a proud Greek background I am proud to say Zorba the Greek honoured our Legendary Jersey with a premiership winning performance

Many wonderful Wogs have graced our Legendary Jersey over our Great Manly History
Be proud of your Wog heritage @stoodamire

See the source image

There is an old but true saying that we all only as good as our last performance

If we want to inspire spirited competition amongst all our playing group
This is philosophy we must take

The moral of the story
The Legendary Manly jersey is not owned
All Manly NRL jerseys are on lease to the best performing players

See the source image
Agree mate,
He gone as far as possible with his talent but have a gut feel Seibold we look at other options if it limits us as a team.

Agree mate,
He gone as far as possible with his talent but have a gut feel Seibold we look at other options if it limits us as a team.
My motto is
Young talent not used
is talent wasted

This season All of our young talented players and new players would be jumping out of their skin to play NRL

Last season most of our regular NRL players in our flat track bullies team seemed to be going through the motions .
It seemed some Players felt wearing a Manly jersey was just an entitlement

We need to bring high intensity emotions and passion into 2023
We need a blood transfusion from passionate players

See the source image

My motto is
Young talent not used
is talent wasted

This season All of our young talented players and new players would be jumping out of their skin to play NRL

Last season most of our regular NRL players in our flat track bullies team seemed to be going through the motions .
It seemed some Players felt wearing a Manly jersey was just an entitlement

We need to bring high intensity emotions and passion into 2023
We need a blood transfusion from passionate players

See the source image
There certainly be alot more opportunities than Dessie safe option but get us nowhere

There certainly be alot more opportunities than Dessie safe option but get us nowhere
Yes Des did use the better to be safe than sorry philosophy by persisting with players in our flat track bullies team and only replaced them with talented players like Koula for example when injury struck

Yes Des did use the better to be safe than sorry philosophy by persisting with players in our flat track bullies team and only replaced them with talented players like Koula for example when injury struck
Croker over Cust and so on. Parker

Croker over Cust and so on. Parker
We all make our bed and lie in it and face the consequences and so did Des

It was his predictable team and his predictable game plans and his bed

But the Legendary Des will always be remembered for his great winning contribution to our club at the peak of his greatness
Sadly all great things come to an end as no one can remain at their peak for ever

Good night Des thanks for the Memories .
You have earned the right to for ever remain a Manly Legend

See the source image

We all make our bed and lie in it and face the consequences and so did Des

It was his predictable team and his predictable game plans and his bed

But the Legendary Des will always be remembered for his great winning contribution to our club at the peak of his greatness
Sadly all great things come to an end as no one can remain at their peak for ever

Good night Des thanks for the Memories .
You have earned the right to for ever remain a Manly Legend

See the source image
Look indeed, many of us got caught with emotion of it all. He a legend always will be.
But it was time

Have a feeling they’ll need to as well !!

Our depth isn’t great otherwise.
Thing is though; they are only unheard of depth players until they are heard of regular first graders....if that makes sense.
The panthers side is full of champion players most of whom nobody had heard of 5 years ago but they got the talent conveyor belt working and weren't scared of giving them a go

Hear we have a young and upcoming fullback called Tom. Hasn't played much lately due to injury but he could become anything with an injury free run.
Yeah, I haven't seen enough of him yet to make a call on if he's any good.

There is an old but true saying that we are all only as good as our last performance

Agree 100% ... and croker's last performance saw him voted Sea Eagle's player of the year ..

He will take a further step up the ladder in 2023 ... Go froggy you beautiful little baarstard ...

Thing is though; they are only unheard of depth players until they are heard of regular first graders....if that makes sense.
The panthers side is full of champion players most of whom nobody had heard of 5 years ago but they got the talent conveyor belt working and weren't scared of giving them a go
100% and what excites me most about this year is these youngsters have a far better chance of playing than under the previous coach who was very very loyal and stuck in his ways.

For the first time in years we might see the rise of our juniors , other than through the “ only chosen because of injuries “ deal.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8