Why is the team consistently flat?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think I have a fair idea…we need a 9 that can help the forwards get over the ad line. We are lucky to make 30m in a set on average. What this does is fatigue everyone because we’re not turning the opposition forwards around or making them work hard to control us…

One could ask why do we seem fatigued early in matches, surely we’re fit? But it’s kinda like going for run and the lactic acid and burning in the lungs hits early before plateauing out. We’re just on the back foot from the get go and the opposition are getting quick play-the-balls. People talk about line speed but you can’t have line speed when you’re still getting back onside at the same time the opposition have cleared the ruck.

We need a 9 and a couple of speedy forwards to help Paseka out. We just don’t have the middle to compete at the moment. That’s why the attack is pedestrian as well. Everything is off slow ruck speed.

Multiple weeks in a row now.... cannot understand why we lack any sort of energy and or enthusiasm.... honestly seems like there is a number of players lacking real desire to win and I am very confused as to why????
It has to come down to coaching. Not the technical side of coaching (although technically we look crap too) but the psychological side of coaching. Seibold simply can’t galvanise or motivate the team. How else can this piss poor effort be explained? It’s not a lack of talent.

I
I think I have a fair idea…we need a 9 that can help the forwards get over the ad line. We are lucky to make 30m in a set on average. What this does is fatigue everyone because we’re not turning the opposition forwards around or making them work hard to control us…

One could ask why do we seem fatigued early in matches, surely we’re fit? But it’s kinda like going for run and the lactic acid and burning in the lungs hits early before plateauing out. We’re just on the back foot from the get go and the opposition are getting quick play-the-balls. People talk about line speed but you can’t have line speed when you’re still getting back onside at the same time the opposition have cleared the ruck.

We need a 9 and a couple of speedy forwards to help Paseka out. We just don’t have the middle to compete at the moment. That’s why the attack is pedestrian as well. Everything is off slow ruck speed.
i agree that Crocker is just not cutting it, but there is a distinct lack of desire or enthusiasm. It’s there from the opening minute. Today the sharks ran harder, got off their line quicker and tackled harder than we did, from the kick off. That’s about commitment, respect for the jersey and the club, respect for your team mate and a desire to win. We lack every one of those traits right now.

I

i agree that Crocker is just not cutting it, but there is a distinct lack of desire or enthusiasm. It’s there from the opening minute. Today the sharks ran harder, got off their line quicker and tackled harder than we did, from the kick off. That’s about commitment, respect for the jersey and the club, respect for your team mate and a desire to win. We lack every one of those traits right now.
You could be right but I reckon the Sharks look like they’re running hard because they are getting the ball over the ad line, running into a back pedalling defence.

We get the ball and just have forwards running one out into the teeth of the defence because there is no subtlety around the ruck. We’re sitting ducks.

If it’s not structural, then maybe it’s just that we don’t have enough competitive types in our playing ranks…that or our coach is not a good motivator.

You could be right but I reckon the Sharks look like they’re running hard because they are getting the ball over the ad line, running into a back pedalling defence.

We get the ball and just have forwards running one out into the teeth of the defence because there is no subtlety around the ruck. We’re sitting ducks.

If it’s not structural, then maybe it’s just that we don’t have enough competitive types in our playing ranks…that or our coach is not a good motivator.
The fact that Crocker offers very little at dummy half definitely doesn’t help. But it’s so noticeable when you’re at the game and seeing it live, how different the level of energy between the two teams is. I was there and I had one ear listening to the radio and the commentators were saying exactly the same thing. Manly looked extremely flat - sharks look wAy more enthusiastic. How can that be?? How can you play this game (or any professional game)and not bust your arse?? It’s beyond me, and that’s why I just think it comes down to coaching.

The fact that Crocker offers very little at dummy half definitely doesn’t help. But it’s so noticeable when you’re at the game and seeing it live, how different the level of energy between the two teams is. I was there and I had one ear listening to the radio and the commentators were saying exactly the same thing. Manly looked extremely flat - sharks look wAy more enthusiastic. How can that be?? How can you play this game (or any professional game)and not bust your arse?? It’s beyond me, and that’s why I just think it comes down to coaching.
I was at the game too and after the Sharks first try, I was worried we’d get done by 50 because they were tearing through our middle.

it’s certainly alarming that we’re flat with everything to play for.

Croker is a great competitor and good defender. However, his slow service and lack of running game really stood out today against Brailey who ran at the right times and had his forwards running onto the ball.

Manly were not energetic in running up in defence early in the game and the Sharks made big metres by confidently spreading the ball.

When we had the ball we couldn't pose the same questions. Neither Croker nor Johns are a real threat with either running or passing, and add to that Tom at fullback still not really running full tilt.

All up it means our attack can't put much pressure back on the opposition.

We scrambled well and tried hard pretty much all game. Haumole's one on one miss was unusual for him but in the end we lost against a top 4 side. Which wasn't a huge shock.

3 tries to 2, could have been worse, but the Johns show at 5/8 has got to stop even if Schu isn't ready.
Will be interesting to see which middle comes in for Aloiai. Best case scenario, Jake comes back.
All the forwards tried hard, Haumole was heavily marked and Kelma played on with a busted eye socket or something, if it was a grand final and we won he'd be a legend for the next 50 years, go figure!

We just aren’t good enough when you have Croker as dummy half who would not make any other 17…Johns who plain and simple is not up to 1st grade…Parker who would have to be one of the slowest centres in nrl..Woods playing bigger minutes…Kelma who is dead set crap…no lock...throw in an injured Jake a struggling Tom with a dash of fat face sitting on the sidelines then you have a cocktail called disaster

The scary part for me is apart from Canberra , we will start to come into playing other teams that are struggling as well, Eg Roosters ,dragoons and we have a good record of playing other teams into form

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2