Why is the team consistently flat?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sadly welook the same as the end of last year when Des was here. There is a problem with what is happening on the field and it’s only not related to talent it is an absence of leadership and football smarts. We play dumb footy week in and week out.
And we breed that style, some of tapau and sulis moments this week were hats off to there lessons at manly

Manly seem that degree slower all over the park on a regular basis whether it be line speed or trying to make an attacking play . Just so predictable in attack too which must make it so much easier to defend against . Really hate it when so many plays just revolve around one off running , never used to be the Manly way even in the early post merger seasons with a lesser credentialed roster . Only saw the highlights of last night 's games but all sides trying to constantly promote the footy , and seemingly always looking for opportunities . Not helping also with the situation with the top echelon of higher paid players . Turbo at .1.1 mil obviously only a shadow of his expected level , Shu at 800k hardly on the paddock . Alioia at 600 k , would not be worth half of that with his Manly stint to date . Think that the coaching staff can take quite a degree of responsibility ,. Hard to have any side always or constantly up for all games but recent playing style and tactics just not cutting it . Just try encouraging and promoting the players to rip in , be competitive for a full 80 and trying to play some up tempo or more open footy as a serious priority . Hard enough just watching in a home environment with the in the main boring mode of play , must be so much harder being at an actual game .

Manly seem that degree slower all over the park on a regular basis whether it be line speed or trying to make an attacking play . Just so predictable in attack too which must make it so much easier to defend against . . Think that the coaching staff can take quite a degree of responsibility ,.
Your Right , The winning sides have been playing a winning brand of competitive footy and overcome adversity and prevail inspired by their coach

A coach is responsible and does make a difference
You can see a difference in the Dragons winning team last night after they moved on from Griffin
Same Dragons team difference coach and a different result

having latu fainu in our 30 although he is too young shows we cant compete off field for a start. I say that believing he would have be an extra expense to the organisation if his salary, or part there of was applied elsewhere. maybe i have my wires crossed….not sure how it works really but i dont like it one bit

Nothing would suprise tbh, especially if a dollar could be saved/earnt by our illustrious owner.

Cost-cutting. Calf's blood has been replaced with goat dag.
Hard Core Passion to win for Manly
and putting your body on the line
and bleed for your team mates and your Manly club
is much more affective then Calfs blood feathered friend

Manly Premierships are won
by true grit and plenty of Passionate Manly blood
Twelve stars of the 1970’s announced for The81stMinute Hall of Fame

all seemed to be nudging the purse strings a tad before delivery
Yeah this is a good point. In theory we’ve got the talented juniors coming through to level things out but as soon as they play a good game or two, they’re being upgraded.

Sadly, they play with no consistency or desire for any length of time.

Last night Souths scored near on half time and one of their bit part players (Hame Sele) was in raptures about the try; jumping and fist pumping. Even the big name players in our squad don’t show that level of enthusiasm for the contest.

having latu fainu in our 30 although he is too young shows we cant compete off field for a start. I say that believing he would have be an extra expense to the organisation if his salary, or part there of was applied elsewhere. maybe i have my wires crossed….not sure how it works really but i dont like it one bit
Yep I've mentioned this before, if he's in the top 30 the NRL pays his big salary. If he is not then Penn has to pay it.

Yep I've mentioned this before, if he's in the top 30 the NRL pays his big salary. If he is not then Penn has to pay it.
still only got 29 in the squad also
2 more depth players would be handy right now

the transition between des and incoming , not the best

Can clubs actually pay someone outside of top 30/development contracts? I thought once Latu was upgraded to his current contract he had to be in the top 30 because it exceeds the amount clubs can pay to development players.

There is a section on nrl.com that says the top 30 is the 30 highest remunerated players at each club. My understanding of this is that you can have as many contracted players as you want but the 30 highest paid must be included in the salary cap and they are the only players eligible to play first grade, until round 11 when development players (salary capped at $60k) can play.

Can clubs actually pay someone outside of top 30/development contracts? I thought once Latu was upgraded to his current contract he had to be in the top 30 because it exceeds the amount clubs can pay to development players.

There is a section on nrl.com that says the top 30 is the 30 highest remunerated players at each club. My understanding of this is that you can have as many contracted players as you want but the 30 highest paid must be included in the salary cap and they are the only players eligible to play first grade, until round 11 when development players (salary capped at $60k) can play.
I don't know but pretty sure we signed Latu on his big deal over a year ago but he wasn't in the top 30 last year.
There is so little transparency with the ins and outs of the salary cap. Pretty sure Souths were already paying Sualii a fortune well before he went to Chooks and debuted in NRL. But who knows for sure?

I don't know but pretty sure we signed Latu on his big deal over a year ago but he wasn't in the top 30 last year.
There is so little transparency with the ins and outs of the salary cap. Pretty sure Souths were already paying Sualii a fortune well before he went to Chooks and debuted in NRL. But who knows for sure?
Yeah it's near impossible to get a comprehensive breakdown of all the rules in one place. Latu signed his deal last year but it didn't kick in till this year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6