Why do you support Manly?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

blacktown eagle

the pot stirrer
After a turbulent year I think it’d be great to hear some yarns on why you follow the sea eagles!

I’ll start:

I never had a choice. My dad moved to Australia from Bali in 86. Calling Dee Why his home for two years, he fell in love with two things. My mum, and the mighty sea eagles.

I was born and raised in western Sydney. Parramatta territory to be exact. There was no way my father was raising a son who barracked for the blue and gold. And with that it’s been passed down. My daughter has no choice either.

My dad is a hard man, and the only time I’ve ever seen him shed a tear was when beaver strolled over in the 08 grand final. And it wasn’t a just a small tear trickling it was flat out sobbing. I’ll remember that day for the rest of my life and not just because we trounced the storm, but because of that moment.

Love to hear from more of you!

After a turbulent year I think it’d be great to hear some yarns on why you follow the sea eagles!

I’ll start:

I never had a choice. My dad moved to Australia from Bali in 86. Calling Dee Why his home for two years, he fell in love with two things. My mum, and the mighty sea eagles.

I was born and raised in western Sydney. Parramatta territory to be exact. There was no way my father was raising a son who barracked for the blue and gold. And with that it’s been passed down. My daughter has no choice either.

My dad is a hard man, and the only time I’ve ever seen him shed a tear was when beaver strolled over in the 08 grand final. And it wasn’t a just a small tear trickling it was flat out sobbing. I’ll remember that day for the rest of my life and not just because we trounced the storm, but because of that moment.

That’s an awesome story mate
Yeah bring em on

Started following in 1990 as a young kid in rural NZ. Matty Ridge, Graham Lowe. Manly were big in NZ pre warriors. Tooves my fav and Cliffy. Have never looked back. They’ve become part of me and now I’ve passed that down to my son. We are both learning to accept losses better. We were both disappointed tonight but strangely accepting of the season being over. Realistically we’ve never been in it this year. Season has been a flop from round one. Given the expectations from last year.

Johnny Gibbs, was a great player and I was very young at the time and loved watching him play, then came along Phil Blake and the best that I have seen wear the maroon and white in Cliffy!!

Cliffy for me has been the best manly player over an extended period of time, not many can ball play like Cliffy!!

Born in Manly hospital and raised around manly and fairlight as a young kid
Dad immigrated from old Yugoslavia
Him and all his cousins lived from manly to Mona vale and still do
Dad, me and my bro are die hard Manly fans
We actually moved near Eels territory in my teens but I’ve always had the manly connection
Parents moved back to Fairlight in my early 20’s
Even though I’ve lived all over Sydney and spent most time living in the city or east, I’ve never even considered any other team
Manly is ingrained in my family
And we were a bloody good team through most those years
Extremely proud to be a Sea Eagle 🦅

Got sick of losing following The Bears.
Decided to follow winners in the Eagles.

That's it.
When I started watching the Bears were my second team! Halligan kicking goals for north’s, fidget for Manly! North’s had a lot of fans in NZ as well. Also when I was 11 I wasn’t really aware of the bears manly rivalry. Always liked watching the north’s games at NSO with the fans in the tree. Man the game was better back then. It’s a struggle these days.

Born at Manly hospital in 1959 and I can't remember a time in my life when I haven't followed Manly. As a kid; if I couldn't get to the ground I'd have my ear pressed up against the old transistor radio listening to Frank Hyde call the game. Footy, is the only place where you can forget all your problems and scream your guts out for 80 mins and no one cares because they love the team as much as you do.

Raised in Collaroy since I was about 2 years old. My dad (old Wests fan) converted me and himself to huge Manly fans since I was old enough to understand what was going on. Loved 2008 & 2011 but dying for a premiership in my adult years where I can properly enjoy it 🍻

Born in the late 70s.
Dad took me every 2nd week to Brookie as a young fella, where I spent most of the game sliding down the back of the hill on used beer cartons.

Best thing about Manly....4 generations of supporters get together every week to watch the boys, win lose or draw.

It's more than just footy for us, it's a family thing.

I’ll start:

nice

- my uncle gave me a Manly jersey in 1986 when i was 6 years old and that was it

- i loved the colours and the next year in 1987 we win the comp, Happy days

Been a fan ever since

When I started watching the Bears were my second team! Halligan kicking goals for north’s, fidget for Manly! North’s had a lot of fans in NZ as well. Also when I was 11 I wasn’t really aware of the bears manly rivalry. Always liked watching the north’s games at NSO with the fans in the tree. Man the game was better back then. It’s a struggle these days.

Mate, my missus and I used to sit on the fence with a blanket right under the fig. Smash a pie.

They did have a solid team, and should have been better, Ikin, Taylor, Buetner, Larson, Florimo, Fairleigh, Dallas, G. Morrison, it went in and on

But they were bad haha

Raised in Collaroy since I was about 2 years old. My dad (old Wests fan) converted me and himself to huge Manly fans since I was old enough to understand what was going on. Loved 2008 & 2011 but dying for a premiership in my adult years where I can properly enjoy it 🍻
I was at the 2008 GF for my 30th. It’s still one of the greatest days of my life only just behind the birth of my kids.

Mate, my missus and I used to sit on the fence with a blanket right under the fig. Smash a pie.

They did have a solid team, and should have been better, Ikin, Taylor, Buetner, Larson, Florimo, Fairleigh, Dallas, G. Morrison, it went in and on

But they were bad haha
The Bears had a very good team, I used to walk up to North Sydney oval and watch them when Manly were not playing at Brookie most games.

Should have won a comp with all the talent they had playing for them in the 80’s / 90’s.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4