Who would you offer a new contract to?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who out of these players would you extend at the club?

• Garrick

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Walker

Votes: 36 29.8%
  • Croker

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Saddler

Votes: 98 81.0%
  • Sironen

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Boyle

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Funa

Votes: 63 52.1%
  • JetSki

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • Parker

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Sipley

Votes: 80 66.1%
  • Taufua

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Sione Fainu

Votes: 90 74.4%
  • None of the above

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
I’d resign him but only for very very cheap (which is all we’d offer him anyways). He’s seemed to have a little more desire in his first few games of 2021. Need to see a few games back @ centre before i’d be sure though.

Other than Walks I voted Saddler, Sione Fainu and Tee Sipley
'his first few games of 2021'?
... there has only been 1 round Harry.

I wouldn't resign Marty as he fires up only infrequently these days. Instead I'd prefer to focus on developing & retaining our young props, Paseka, Fainu, Saddler, Tuitavake and so on.

Also, I think Aloiai may be a premature and unnecessary signing. Let's see what he can offer. Maybe he can serve the Sea Eagles better in the back row? I think he has played a lot of second row in recent years.

Tuitavake is a name under the radar. He could be anything. Love the kid. Sione great prospect too. Not as sold on Saddler as some but at least he brings some fire with him. Not overly sold on Ben T either. Hope we don’t break the bank with him to please the brothers.

Only 1 person I would offer a contract to with any confidence. Bellamy, on the proviso he was coming to turn this mickey mouse organisation into a professional outfit and was given the power to make the changes from top down to make it happen

Interesting to see I voted 5 out of the top 6.

Only one I didn't vote for was Funa. I think the younger backline signings will be better first graders.

Funa for me has excellent footwork, but lacks putting his body on the line in D.

In all essence a keep and cull topic.
I believe this year is a write-off and 2022 a building year for the future. Apart from the un-movables ie; DCE, Tom and Jake...this is my keeper list.

Schuster No need to elaborate.
Weeks. Ditto
Alec Tu'itavake. Ditto
Tolutau Koula. Could possibly be anything.
Saab. Worth a chance.
Harper. Ditto
Birt. Ditto. We need 9 backup x2.
Tuipulotu. Possibly will be special..
Davey. Has probably 2 good years in him to be a good influence.
Saddler. Hell yeah.
Guacamole. Ditto.
Sione Fainu. Very, very promising.
Manase. If he gets off the charges.
Sipley. Definitely worth a shot.
Paseka. A possible beast.
Lawton. A definite maybe. Could be a great stop-gap.
Ben Trbojevic. No choice really. Possible very strong FG'er or more.
Keppie. Signed until '24. Very possibly a good'un.
Josh Aloiai. Signed until '23...that'll do him.
Tevita Funa. I championed him for a move to FG but I doubt he will cut it long term but I hope he does. Realistically a cull...not enough pace.
Foz. If he makes it through this year well, give him 1 more. Influential at the very least.

Off the top of my head, E&OE.

That's 24 including the un-movables. Shouldn't be too hard to add a few more juniors and some shrew signings with the money left. If Des and Co can't form a consistent Top 4 team out of that...well he needs to be culled too.

Go at it guys and gals.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the voting, the percentages against the players speaks for itself.

Considering we lost 8 top 30 players last season and 2 development players in Andersen and Miski it could be a massive clean out of the playing group at this season’s end also.

Not only the 10 top 30 players above and the 2 development players above we also have Foran & Guaca possibly not resigned, the club has the option on these two next season.

I did hear from a reliable source the club has taken the option up on Guaca however I can’t see it officially anywhere, anyone seen any official confirmation on this??

Nicho Hynes is older than Tom T and has played all of 13 NRL games.

Don't know why he keeps being mentioned here... Just because he played in our Holden Cup side doesn't mean he is going to solve our problems.

I'm surprised Walker got so many votes..
I really rated him as a centre.. but I havnt seen him play centre for about 5 years..
He's an average at best 6
He's not a fullback...
And he's Always either off hurt or suspended for being a d!khead..

Ide rather put his money into a world class centre
Who is the world class center may i ask?

Who is the world class center may i ask?
Well having a quick browse at the off contract list, straight up ide take katoni staggs or Dane gagai in a heart beat over Walker..
Gagai is getting on a bit I agree, but he's been more value to his clubs over the last 5 years than Walker has been to us..
Staggs would be a no brainer... Ide drop Walker,Parker, and suli tomorrow if it would get him to sign with us

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8