Who would you offer a new contract to?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who out of these players would you extend at the club?

• Garrick

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Walker

Votes: 36 29.8%
  • Croker

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Saddler

Votes: 98 81.0%
  • Sironen

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Boyle

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Funa

Votes: 63 52.1%
  • JetSki

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • Parker

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Sipley

Votes: 80 66.1%
  • Taufua

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Sione Fainu

Votes: 90 74.4%
  • None of the above

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Hahaha everyone is on the same page.. except for Sipley i don't see why people want him, never impressed me ever. The rest can get gone especially Parker Boyle croker garrick and Slowfua

None! But in reality we will need to sign a few so I went with:
Sipley
Jetski
Funa
Nothing more than backup/depth cover.

I'm surprised Walker got so many votes..
I really rated him as a centre.. but I havnt seen him play centre for about 5 years..
He's an average at best 6
He's not a fullback...
And he's Always either off hurt or suspended for being a d!khead..

Ide rather put his money into a world class centre

Don't know how many of you watched the Blacktown game last weekend. Based on that game alone Saddler is a MUST keep. Big future in NRL side. Reckon he should replace Jake at 13 and move Jake to 2nd row - Sironen's spot
I reckon Jake to backrow is on the cards. He's ineffective at lock and doesn't have the go forward of a prop. He could play a gifty role on the right edge.
There is no way Siro and Walker should be retained unless its for half the money!

Last edited:
Decisions need to be made on the young props, saddler, sipley, fainu. Promote them and discard a few in the squad or release at least one

Want to see more of funa before i decide. Safe but sluggish but has time

All the rest are expendable, maybe see what jetski can do with some decent time but all the rest gornneski

Garner and Matterson on the edges will do, everyone on the list can go to make way. Both have contract dramas

If I was confident we could replace them all with better options then you can say all of the above. However no point cutting one third of your squad and replacing them with worse players. On face value I'd say definitely keep Saddler, Funa and Fainu as they are on smaller $$$$ I presume. The rest of them you'd like to think we could negotiate some replacements for from the general market.

By the way you left Foran off your list

There's 1 thing I consider when making that decision, who there would I fear could go on and play great footy elsewhere and make it regretful we lost them...looked up and down 3 times, with Saddler though no opportunity yet, a tick and most definately your bottom option Sione Fainu who maybe ready 2022....others I don't think would come back to haunt us and doubt would make other top 17's....

I mean in reality it is not as simple a question as that.

All depends on what money people are after, who we can get to replace them, length of the contract etc etc.

Eg you may not be keen to keep Sirro, but say he was happy to take 250k and be a bench or depth forward (not implying he would) then you'd look at it.

That said Id not be offering deals to Croker, Taufua, Boyle, Parker and Garrick.

Id extend S Fainu......probably give Saddler another year but not nearly as excited by him as the rest of you.

Then the rest are playing for their deals.....wait at least until round 10

Last edited:
Taufua, Garrick and Walker can go to greener pastures, or just out to pasture.
Siro I'll reassess later in the year, we could use his experience but he hasn't quite produced what we hoped for so far.
Croker ditto, he just played his first game as an 80 minute hooker and to be fair he was just as average at the end as he was at the beginning. If he can improve his running tackling passing and kicking he can still be a worthwhile depth utility. Maybe.
The others all worth keeping, assuming of course it's for reasonable $.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10