Who will start at 5/8 - Schuster or Foran ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Am I the only one worried about the pressure being put on the " one and only ,true immortal Schuster ?
( Just #@#@ing with you @BOZO )
But seriously ??

Des used the 'hooker' idea to convince the Fultons to agree to his signing. However, he has no intention of playing Foz at 9. He has been brought in to take pressure of Daly and will be 5/8 next year. Schuster will pop up where needed. Injury cover at 6, centres, backrow. He is very versatile.

Good input Snake. I assume "the Fultons" also means the great Bob Fulton. If Bozo is thinking Foran at Hooker then that will do me. If Des's intention is to play Foran at 5/8 then his poor selection and judgement calls this year are obviously going to continue in 2021. Good luck to him in his next meeting with Bozo.

That's why DCE needs someone of Schuster's quality covering the other side of the field. If he reaches the level I thing he could make, he'll be easily the equal of Munster. He'd be wasted anywhere else. The kid is a natural ball player and link man, not a forward. Imagine if Munster was playing lock or second row instead.
I wonder if Munster would need Cherry at the storm to perform?

Am I the only one worried about the pressure being put on the " one and only ,true immortal Schuster ?
( Just #@#@ing with you @BOZO )
But seriously ??

Always happens when a champion junior moves into the senior ranks. And this kid was No 1 on his way up the juniors. Look back at those with big expectations all the way back to our Fulton, Krillich and Eadie. Alexander, Fittler,, these days Ponga, Best etc. Yes its pressure, but its also expectation that these kids have been the cream of the juniors and the probability is high they will take it to the next level. Not always, but generally if they are that good, it usually transfers well to the top grade.

I'd like to see Schuster get first crack personally, especially if his pre-season is a good one.

Send a message of intent to the younger guys that hard work pays off rather than resting on your rep or selection complacency - which I feel became a problem last year with Hasler's reluctance to rotate the team until forced to when our season was sunk.

Hopefully it will give Josh the confidence of getting the nod over a player the caliber of Foz - and given how adventurous Josh was in his first/only game last year, I don't think lack of confidence is necessarily a problem for this one.

I'd like to see Schuster get first crack personally, especially if his pre-season is a good one.

Send a message of intent to the younger guys that hard work pays off rather than resting on your rep or selection complacency - which I feel became a problem last year with Hasler's reluctance to rotate the team until forced to when our season was sunk.

Hopefully it will give Josh the confidence of getting the nod over a player the caliber of Foz - and given how adventurous Josh was in his first/only game last year, I don't think lack of confidence is necessarily a problem for this one.
I agree.
Have Foran on the bench. He can jump into many different positions if needed. He could also be brought on to put some starch into the defence when we were defending a lead. One thing Foran has never lacked is toughness. He's got a big heart and can lift the performance of players around him.

Des used the 'hooker' idea to convince the Fultons to agree to his signing. However, he has no intention of playing Foz at 9. He has been brought in to take pressure of Daly and will be 5/8 next year. Schuster will pop up where needed. Injury cover at 6, centres, backrow. He is very versatile.
I thought the Foz at hooker idea was so we could sign him outside the cap due to the dispensation we get from the Manase standdown?

I thought the Foz at hooker idea was so we could sign him outside the cap due to the dispensation we get from the Manase standdown?
All I will say is Foran had a handshake agreement with Bozo that he'd sign in 2015 but he went to Parra. Make of that what you will. Scott Fulton signed Schuster. Make of that what you will.

All I will say is Foran had a handshake agreement with Bozo that he'd sign in 2015 but he went to Parra. Make of that what you will. Scott Fulton signed Schuster. Make of that what you will.
Bozo was brought in specificlly to negotiate with Foz. Alas Foz just led him on having already agreed to "play" for parra

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4