Who will start at 5/8 - Schuster or Foran ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Croker ever gets anywhere near a FG jersey again, so help me, I will donate to any GoFundMe that raises money to give him the Tonya Harding special.
Oh he will be the 14 come round 1. Dont you know? We dont have any hookers on the books. Cust and croker both played there this year. I dont see anything to suggest it wont be the exact same next year. :(

If they want him to last a season this however might be the best option.
Pretty sure Foran is not here as an "impact" player but more a steady guiding hand who can give great service at 7 or 6. So maybe Des is planning on playing the Schu at 13. Schuster is that good he will be there somewhere - has to be. Ludicrous bringing him off the bench. That one cameo game proved to us all how good he is. So maybe Foran 6, Schu 13, Cust 14.... all predicated on Fainu being 9 - huge if. But again I am guessing the club has some inkling he is playing this year.

Pretty sure Foran is not here as an "impact" player but more a steady guiding hand who can give great service at 7 or 6. So maybe Des is planning on playing the Schu at 13. Schuster is that good he will be there somewhere - has to be. Ludicrous bringing him off the bench. That one cameo game proved to us all how good he is. So maybe Foran 6, Schu 13, Cust 14.... all predicated on Fainu being 9 - huge if. But again I am guessing the club has some inkling he is playing this year.
Jake to Prop, I’d be happy with that give him a rest and he could still act like another edge forward anyway.

Would prefer we didn't sign Foran for this very reason. Knowing Des he won't throw the young guy in from round 1. He will be 14. Play centres 5/8 or lock. Whoever's injured I guess. Happened often last year so he will play. Cust will play 80 min at hooker until Fainu returns is my guess. Foran and DCE had a good partnership. So think he will go with that for now.

I think quite the opposite

Des will play foz for as many minutes as possible to lead on the field not from the bench and will plan to start for 80 and work backwards from there

He will not be used for impact but for direction

still won’t discount him being our dummy half
Cooper Cronk played a GF and did not make a tackle and got tackled once

scam never is first man into a tackle and joins in only to control the numbers and timing of defence

rarely gets tackled in any game
Nor gets hurt

Foz is up to calling the shots from dummy half and can kick from there also with DCE and shoe on either side

I think quite the opposite

Des will play foz for as many minutes as possible to lead on the field not from the bench and will plan to start for 80 and work backwards from there

He will not be used for impact but for direction

still won’t discount him being our dummy half
Cooper Cronk played a GF and did not make a tackle and got tackled once

scam never is first man into a tackle and joins in only to control the numbers and timing of defence

rarely gets tackled in any game
Nor gets hurt

Foz is up to calling the shots from dummy half and can kick from there also with DCE and shoe on either side

Yep, look at Qld the other night when Hunt was on - DCE played right, Hunt middle and Munster left.
Where the play the ball was pretty much determined who was dummy half and who was first receiver and it worked a treat.
Eg DCE dummy half passes left to Hunt then to Munster if he calls it, vice versa with Munster and Hunt could go either side from dummy half or play it as he sees it.
The amount of times that Munster and Chez just went to dummy half and passed to Hunt without overplaying it was surprising, it was like they were just the dummy half.
It gave them both a bit of a breather from being the go to guys.
Defensively they spread the load too even though Chez made 36 tackles anyway.

Last edited:
I'm pretty confident Foran was brought in for a year (no coincidence there) to cover for Fainu and as a dummy half sharing with Cust. Being injury prone, short stints on the field would suit him. A full game and he's a big risk of injury. Without a recognised hooker at this stage (Des may still buy one), Manly couldn't afford to lose Foran through injury and so brief stints is the way to go. Lose him and hooker then passes to Cust and Croker and we know how that would go. Cust will develop. Cant see the same happening with Croker.

Schuster would suit DCE enormously because his style demands attention from the opposition giving DCE more latitude and less responsibility as the sole play maker.

Last edited:
I am not convinced with Jake at Prop Mark - he isn't a big metre eater in my books. We need a big bopper who chews up well over 100 metres per game. Jake can't do that week in and week out.
Jake used to be a metre water when he first came in first grade. He was regularly our biggest metre eater. Hard to run 150m a game when you are also making 40 plus tackles. Give him 2x 30 minute stints and vary his role to simply run. I remember my bro once said Jake is the hardest man at Manly to get on his back. He is super strong and is capable of running 150m a game as a prop BUT won't do it playing the role he currently does

Jake used to be a metre water when he first came in first grade. He was regularly our biggest metre eater. Hard to run 150m a game when you are also making 40 plus tackles. Give him 2x 30 minute stints and vary his role to simply run. I remember my bro once said Jake is the hardest man at Manly to get on his back. He is super strong and is capable of running 150m a game as a prop BUT won't do it playing the role he currently does
Oh I agree he is tough and yes super hard to get on his back and yes used to make big metres. I just don't think he is the big bopper we need to make yards week in week out while still being agile in defence. Those sorts of boppers are super hard to find so maybe Jake is the go and we see what happens. Certainly not a bad idea at all.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8