Who else watched the replay of the 2008 GF with Beaver, Matty and Box?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am enjoying these, hopefully they do all our other premierships. And I am supporting our sponsor 4 Pines whist I'm at it.

The 1978 team will alway be my favourite team. The odds they overcame to win the premiership and the courage and guts shown sums up the clubs pedigree and culture.

That team was at the end of an era that reaped 4 premierships in 7 seasons, never missing the finals and being the team that every other club envied at the time.

Brookvale oval was often bursting at the seams to watch the boys play and for me to go to every home game that season was just sensational.

My memory of the grand final replay was that it kicked off on a Tuesday afternoon at 3PM, I was in year 6 and the teacher turned on the radio for the kids in the class and the first half is where the game was decided and my hero Graham Eadie devastated the Sharks in that game. I dont remember feeling on such a high as I did that day. I was 11 years old and so in love with my team.

Since then we have had many more memorable days and celebrated some amazing premiership wins and been through the highs and lows. The memory of that team always reminds me that it is our DNA to win premierships and I have a feeling in my bones that another one is not that far away!

That was great. Interesting to hear them talk about some of their teammates, Harvey keep your elbows up, lol. Was it Max who was saying Ray Branighan was one of the better players he ever played with? That was interesting, he often doesn't get full credit when our best teams are discussed.
And Cranky Franky! Anyone remember when the tip-gatorade-on-the-winning coach tradition began? Can't imagine them daring to do that to Frank

Igor and Frogs Eyes were my two favourite players when I was a kid.
When Frogs Eyes burst into first grade (may even have been that year?) he was almost untouchable, just too fast for everyone. That try in the GF was a good example of his pace.

When Frogs Eyes burst into first grade (may even have been that year?) he was almost untouchable, just too fast for everyone. That try in the GF was a good example of his pace.
He sure had pace and that try was all the more admirable considering he had a hamstring injury.

Yes it was Max who said Ray Branigan was one of the better players he'd played with. Also Frogs Eyes said it was Ray Branigan who stayed with him during the week leading up to the GF and woke him every 2 hours to treat his hammy so he could play!

That was a great trip down memory lane for me (dare I admit it), brought back some wonderful memories. Very interesting to hear Max, Igor and Frog Eyes' commentary and they gave a good insight into the players and Cranky Franky. Also their comparison between how the game was played then vs now and their opinions on some of the current rules.

They'd played 6 games in 20 odd days and to back-up just 4 days after the GF draw was a huge effort and very special win. Max attributed it to Cranky Franky who instilled in them that losing was not an option. Good on them!

Thank you to 4 Pines and all involved - very enjoyable and look forward to hopefully seeing some more.

Will happily become a member. How do I go about that?
Hello @Boozo I just saw your message and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you on how you can become a club member like the rest of us proud and passionate Manly fans
Congratulations for taking this step and becoming the reason our great club continues to exist in its great glory
Just follow the link below . If you have any issues please contact me and I will assist you further

I'd love someone to do a doco on the finals run of '78 Manly side. Phenomenal effort - one of the greatest efforts in RL history. It'll never be repeated now that we are in the extra time, golden point era. So many great players in that side - such a great club during that decade, dominated the 70's with 4 premierships.

Hello @Boozo I just saw your message and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you on how you can become a club member like the rest of us proud and passionate Manly fans

Thanks again castle eagle and ALinda. All signed up with mwse and silvertails, received a link to tonights' video (1978 GF) and a link to the 2008 GF with Beaver and co. Couldn't be happier. Many thanks!

@BOZO: They have all signed up like the champs they are! :)

@BOZO: They have all signed up like the champs they are! :)
Thank you GE . Great to hear that we have more Great club members and Great Manly fans on board .
A Great club is made by Great people
How does a person become Great ?
By becoming committed to a cause

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BECOME A GREAT CLUB MEMBER AND GREAT SUPPORTER OF A CLUB ?................ COMMITMENT !
IF YOU ARE NOT COMMITTED TO A CAUSE YOU ARE NOT REALLY THERE
WHERE IS THERE ? ........ON THIS CLUB MEMBERSHIP LADDER WHERE IT COUNTS
Rabitts ,28,413
Broncos 27,463
Eels 26, 809
Storm 21, 650
Raiders 18, 388
Panthers 18, 906
Knights 18, 139
Cowboys 16, 509
Tigers 16, 235
Dragons 15, 035
Dogs 15, 170
Roosters 14, 361
MANLY SEA EAGLES 12, 734
Warriors 12, 673
Sharks 9, 768
Titans 7,836
DO IT WITH PASSION OR NOT AT ALL
download.jpg

The 1978 team will alway be my favourite team. The odds they overcame to win the premiership and the courage and guts shown sums up the clubs pedigree and culture.

That team was at the end of an era that reaped 4 premierships in 7 seasons, never missing the finals and being the team that every other club envied at the time.

Brookvale oval was often bursting at the seams to watch the boys play and for me to go to every home game that season was just sensational.

My memory of the grand final replay was that it kicked off on a Tuesday afternoon at 3PM, I was in year 6 and the teacher turned on the radio for the kids in the class and the first half is where the game was decided and my hero Graham Eadie devastated the Sharks in that game. I dont remember feeling on such a high as I did that day. I was 11 years old and so in love with my team.

Since then we have had many more memorable days and celebrated some amazing premiership wins and been through the highs and lows. The memory of that team always reminds me that it is our DNA to win premierships and I have a feeling in my bones that another one is not that far away!

Can’t agree more mate
Will never forget those times
I was at the replay in the afternoon and think I remember wombat tacking Steve Rogers or running over sludge so hard he had to leave the field

From a young memory it seemed a turning point

Can any one recall if this is actually true or a distorted memory from and old biased manly fan

Actually sat in the old “ Sharkie “stand on the eastern side and thought it happened in front of us

Go manly

Btw

I got to sea every game live of the run to our win and cemented my belief in our great club to this day

PSS

The week before at the GF there was a competition ran by radio station 2SM where a secret employee was in the ground

Just before kick off I asked this old bloke
( about 30)next to me if he was from 2SM

He was and I got either 200 or 100 bucks

Btw

For anyone reading this

Are you from 2SM or any other secret code competition

3 big takeaways after watching this match in its entirety for the first time.
The game was more enjoyable when a knock on was only called if the ball hit the ground and almost all tackles were 2 man max.
Thank god scrums were changed, the were an absolute **** show.
Killer and Wombat were cut from the same cloth.
Who is our best bush footy import out of current players?

For anyone reading this

Are you from 2SM or any other secret code competition

I am

there's a cool prize for anyone who can finally work out what this means...

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=

It's been under my avatar for about 3 years.

Congratulations for taking this step and becoming the reason our great club continues to exist in its great glory
Just follow the link below . If you have any issues please contact me and I will assist you further
Thanks Bozo. All done and all good. Just about to watch the 1978 replay for the second time in 24 hours. Really enjoying listening to Max, Igor and Frogs Eyes.

Thanks Bozo. All done and all good. Just about to watch the 1978 replay for the second time in 24 hours. Really enjoying listening to Max, Igor and Frogs Eyes.

Enjoy our proud clubs history feathered friend and congratulations on becoming a club member and breathing life into our Great clubs future

GIVERS LIKE YOU ADVANCE THE WORLD
AND TAKERS ADVANCE THEM SELVES AND HOLD THE WORLD BACK
GOD BLESS THE GIVERS IN THIS WORLD AND WE ARE ALL BLESSED TO HAVE THEM IN OUR LIVES

UNVEIL YOUR GREATNESS AND MAKE AN IMPACT TO OUR GREAT CLUB
download.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4