When Will That Announcement Come ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
you would think that a player who has served with distinction over a number of years would deserve better than being judged by the company rather than his words

I understand people are upset that he might (and looks like) he will leave but i can not understand the level of venom directed at him

lsz said:
you would think that a player who has served with distinction over a number of years would deserve better than being judged by the company rather than his words

I understand people are upset that he might (and looks like) he will leave but i can not understand the level of venom directed at him

I suspect it is because of his regular misdemeanors, he has made many fans eyes roll with his behaviour over the years. While he's our goose we are happy to put up with him. If he's not our goose, he's just a goose.

agree, and it would be cool to if people dropped the " if x wants to go, he can f off now' remarks...

I have no issues with matai enquiring about a release. I'd rather Toovs and the board work with Foran & Stewart and come to an amicable agreement of moving forward if they have issues.

Foran has said he doesn't know what he wants to do, brett hasn't. In fact he spoke highly of the club recently in Mens Health.

I feel some people are acting as poor, or worse than what some players have acted and others have perceived to have acted.

Apologies if this offends anyone, but too much reading the same poor remarks over and over...and over...and over....

if things to come to a head, and some players leave, fine vent, at least you are venting at a decision, not what if's...

lsz said:

Give me a break he is a footballer who has been paid well (deservedly so) The only thing he "deserves" is the club to honour his contract (which they have) and be paid on time (which he has) I have supported him and the team and appreciate what he has done. But I'm not 1 to kiss a footballer's ass. I owe him nothing he owes me nothing.

Agree to disagree Mavin

I believe in treating people with respect. For me it is more than just a contract - he is someone who has played hurt for us a number of times...and been a massive influence on our success.

So, for me, i will not trash him like is common place

Mal Cochrane said:
agree, and it would be cool to if people dropped the " if x wants to go, he can f off now' remarks...

I have no issues with matai enquiring about a release. I'd rather Toovs and the board work with Foran & Stewart and come to an amicable agreement of moving forward if they have issues.

Foran has said he doesn't know what he wants to do, brett hasn't. In fact he spoke highly of the club recently in Mens Health.

I feel some people are acting as poor, or worse than what some players have acted and others have perceived to have acted.

Apologies if this offends anyone, but too much reading the same poor remarks over and over...and over...and over....

if things to come to a head, and some players leave, fine vent, at least you are venting at a decision, not what if's...

Great post.

Apart from the issue of respect for players we can all refrain from going pork chop until the pig is on the roast & cooked.

I read into that the following

The Eels can't fit him in their cap for more than $100k so want Manly to pay the rest!!

So how much is it going to cost us to have a player who doesn't want to play with us next year?
Or are we trying to get a better deal out of the release?

Mavin said:
So how much is it going to cost us to have a player who doesn't want to play with us next year?
Or are we trying to get a better deal out of the release?

Bingo!!

But could get ugly as a result !!

Mark from Brisbane said:

The Eels can't fit him in their cap for more than $100k so want Manly to pay the rest!!

Maybe, but as I mentioned in another thread I can't see Tooves releasing three 10 year players at once, maybe one - Matai.
He'd also be banking on the fact that these guys have pride in their performance so won't just mope around and not put in and play NSW Cup.

Tooves may also be banking on his leadership skills to smooth over any sh!tfight that may be going on.
One in, all in.
Also, he's an "in principle" type of guy, honour your contract guys and then do what you have to do.

StuBoot said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Maybe, but as I mentioned in another thread I can't see Tooves releasing three 10 year players at once, maybe one - Matai.
He'd also be banking on the fact that these guys have pride in their performance so won't just mope around and not put in and play NSW Cup.

Tooves may also be banking on his leadership skills to smooth over any sh!tfight that may be going on.
One in, all in.
Also, he's an "in principle" type of guy, honour your contract guys and then do what you have to do.

Lots of posts mention Tooves, but where oh where is Mr David Perry when it comes to keeping supporters informed and positive? I'm pretty sure most would like to hear a bit more from the General Manager (and you can backdate this sentiment about 8 weeks!)

Mark from Brisbane said:

All I can say to this is, GOOD LUCK getting Manly to pay the difference.

bones said:
Chip and Chase said:
bones said:
Choc has done nothing different to what Matai has. Asked for a release to take up a better offer elsewhere. Matai was refused. It's yet to be seen whether Choc's will be granted.

I must have missed the Danny Weirdler exclusives with Skivvi. What did he say about DCE ??

What did Choc say in those interviews with Weidler that warrants all the hatred ?

Theres a huge difference between the two. Matai did it quietly. Watmough just kept feeding Wiedler and all the other goons to create pressure on the club to release him. It then created a massive 'who doesnt want to leave brookie' style reporting which in my opinion derailed our season. (Its been derailing before the injuries.. barring the Penrith fluke win we have been poor for months)

If he just kept quiet until the off season and got it sorted then. He chose this path. I dont hate him but i dont want him at the club and i do not consider him a 'legend' anymore either. I am all for them having their pay day.. they deserve it.

Why was there no bull**** with Gifty? He kept quiet.. took his pay elsewhere and went. Matai did it quietly. Snake.. not even a whisper (if he even has asked for a release)

Choc went about it the wrong way. Thats why their is hatred towards him.

Mark from Brisbane said:

Just get the Eels to add another year to his contract and do a bit more back ending.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6