When Will That Announcement Come ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A lot of people on here are waiting to be slapped in the face with reality, Choc has decided to leave, he is contracted for 2015 with the Great Manly Sea Eagles, but he dosent want to be here. Release him.

silvertail said:
Announcement will be made the day before Cherry is announced as our 2015 captain and goal kicker.

Oh, so Jamie's going. Lol
Cherry has the makings of a great captain.

Chip and Chase said:
bones said:
Choc has done nothing different to what Matai has. Asked for a release to take up a better offer elsewhere. Matai was refused. It's yet to be seen whether Choc's will be granted.

I must have missed the Danny Weirdler exclusives with Skivvi. What did he say about DCE ??

What did Choc say in those interviews with Weidler that warrants all the hatred ?

Agree 100%. You would almost think that people need a scapegoat (happy to be proven wrong if the bashers would like to post the interviews again and highlight where their grievances are)

I think the haters are just pissed off that a Manly Legend and Life Member could even think to leave the club after being here since a junior.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I think the haters are just pissed off that a Manly Legend and Life Member could even think to leave the club after being here since a junior.

I think your right Mark, I understand and respect all views its what makes this a great place.

bob dylan said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

I think your right Mark, I understand and respect all views its what makes this a great place.

Yep I'm disappointed , and think he will live to regret it but no point having him here if he's so unhappy or if he just wants a big payday.

bones said:
Chip and Chase said:
bones said:
Choc has done nothing different to what Matai has. Asked for a release to take up a better offer elsewhere. Matai was refused. It's yet to be seen whether Choc's will be granted.

I must have missed the Danny Weirdler exclusives with Skivvi. What did he say about DCE ??

What did Choc say in those interviews with Weidler that warrants all the hatred ?

I don't hate Choc, I was just pointing out the difference between his handling of the situation and that of Skivvi. The DCE reference was just me being facetious, but in fairness Choc has aired some dirty laundry in those interviews which I don't agree with TBH. He must have been saying something that upset some people because didn't the club try and gag him ?

Mark from Brisbane said:

That's where I sit Mark. No hatred towards Choccy. No way. It's sad that he won't be an Eagle for life. Him in other colours is just wrong.
Hopefully (if is all true and it seems to be) he'll do an interview thanking the club and fans. Going out bitter after all he's done in the mighty Maroon and White doesn't sit well with fans. I'm interested in hearing him speak.

I don't care how in the know you think you are or what your post count is, I don't think anybody denies Choc's efforts at this great club. He is an incredible footballer. However, he sparked unrest within the playing group and it really doesn't matter what the subject of that or the true facts are.
He played a major role in dividing the group, which has filtered into a similar division within the fan group. (And remember, this does not just mean a minority forum such as this)
It's great that everybody gets to "throw their two bobs worth in" and that gives rise to healthy debate and so on and so forth.
But he was the catalyst for the derailing of our 2014 season with stupid comments during SOO, which the media duly jumped all over. Who could blame them. Once DCE got wind of some of Choc's comments regarding himself, things became strained and players began to have opinions back and forth on all matter of subjects. Obviously many wanted to just keep out of the whole drama.
We just watched our team crash and burn out of contention, and rightly so we had our fair share of injuries which did not help. But can any of you tell me that division and cohesion was not compromised on the field from the period after Origin...???
That bloke was earning a shi$$$$ load of cash regardless of where he played his last contract. But he went out slamming doors and agitating division.
One great pity-because as many of you write, he is a Manly legend through and through.
What will he be once he is gone, and my friends, he is gone!

niccipops said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

That's where I sit Mark. No hatred towards Choccy. No way. It's sad that he won't be an Eagle for life. Him in other colours is just wrong.
Hopefully (if is all true and it seems to be) he'll do an interview thanking the club and fans. Going out bitter after all he's done in the mighty Maroon and White doesn't sit well with fans. I'm interested in hearing him speak.

Count me in this camp. I'm very disappointed, but he busted himself for the club and I thank him for his work.

If he leaves, then I wish him the best personally, but I don't wish him success on the field.

In terms of what went on behind the scenes, again, it was unacceptable if what was reported as happened actually did. On one hand we have the view that what went on is no different than what happens at any club or workplace. The other view is that the issue completely derailed our season, and the club is a basket case. My experience in life tells me that the truth is somewhere in between.

In my view, this didn't prevent is winning another premiership. What prevented us were injuries to Gift, Ballin and Buhrer, Watmough's suspension (dumb act) and a lack of will by the referees to properly apply the rules in golden point last week.

Put aside the fact of him going or not I still fail to see the animosity directed towards him

I had some spare time so dug out his two Weidler interviews

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/video/league?videoid=3789420335001

- the only potential issue here sounds like it might be leading from Weidler / done in post

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/video/league?videoid=3799874988001

For me it isn't what he has said in the interviews it is the fact he has let himself be used by Weidler. The spin Weidler put's on the stories put Choc and the club in a bad light. Choc should have known better than to deal with him. Weidler used Mundine and SBW the same way and in no small way helped to destroy there image.

Mavin said:
For me it isn't what he has said in the interviews it is the fact he has let himself be used by Weidler. The spin Weidler put's on the stories put Choc and the club in a bad light. Choc should have known better than to deal with him. Weidler used Mundine and SBW the same way and in no small way helped to destroy there image.

Most media muppets do the same thing Mavin-Once you get a jibberer like Choc doing your bidding, it's open slather.
Notice how Glenn kept his integrity....didn't feed the frenzied media sharks.

Wombat Legacy said:
Mavin said:

Most media muppets do the same thing Mavin-Once you get a jibberer like Choc doing your bidding, it's open slather.
Notice how Glenn kept his integrity....didn't feed the frenzied media sharks.

Absolutely they pick there mark.

Mavin said:

But what was the spin bar a small section about him possible not being at the club the next year?

And he has been doing for at least a year see the below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tYh-BvcGec&list=UUsfdT8UTVUyZBTYq0K3_ZSQ&index=9

Did not seem to remember too many issues last year

lsz said:
Mavin said:

But what was the spin bar a small section about him possible not being at the club the next year?

And he has been doing for at least a year see the below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tYh-BvcGec&list=UUsfdT8UTVUyZBTYq0K3_ZSQ&index=9

Did not seem to remember too many issues last year

Rightly or wrongly you are judged by the company you keep. Either way it looks like it is over now and we can all get on with our lives. I'll keep on enjoying supporting Manly (don't care who stay's or leaves at this stage) and Choc can enjoy his time at parra.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6