When Did The Rules Change?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
Knock-on: When a player loses possession of the ball forward and it makes contact with the ground or an opposition player. Can be ruled upon by the video ref.

Forward Pass: When a player passes possession of the ball to a player of the same team in a forward direction. Cannot be ruled upon by the video ref.

Did I miss something on the disallowed try? Did the ball touch a St-George player?

Yes you missed something!!! He didn't pass the fricken ball!!! It hit his arm and travelled forward.

How hard is that to understand? Seriously?

The rules haven't changed, you can knock on into your own player. At the end of the day the correct decision was made. Forward pass or knock on.
I would rather lose like that, because it will highlight that there are major problems, and hopefully someone will pull their finger out and address them.
If we scrape by with an undeserved win then issues will be ignored.

I agree with the no try. If it was the dragons I would have expected no try. We didn't deserve a try anyway. Useless.

Yes you missed something!!! He didn't pass the fricken ball!!! It hit his arm and travelled forward.

How hard is that to understand? Seriously?

The rules haven't changed, you can knock on into your own player. At the end of the day the correct decision was made. Forward pass or knock on.
I would rather lose like that, because it will highlight that there are major problems, and hopefully someone will pull their finger out and address them.
If we scrape by with an undeserved win then issues will be ignored.

I agree that ultimately the right decision was made as a no try. However, how is a ball striking a players arm different to a bat on?

I agree that ultimately the right decision was made as a no try. However, how is a ball striking a players arm different to a bat on?
I see it as different because the player made no effort to bat the ball on, it simply brushed his hand as he tried to catch it.

@TagMonster you are right. I Can't understand the ruling. It didn't go forward and if it did the vid can't rule on it. The on field ref said try too btw before going to the vid. It shows how much the game has gone down the toilet.

I believe it shouldnt have been a try. However, the ruling has me stumped as well. No idea how you can call that a knock on. Forward pass fair enough but video ref cannot rule a forward pass. We played terribly and didnt deserve a pinch of **** with that effort but I seriously think the way they handled that no try just shows the ineptitude of the referees and how the have no ****ing idea

I would say knock on, because no attempt was made to pass the ball, it went forward from his hand into another player, which constitutes a knock on
oh well interperate this as you like its neither here nor there cause its gone now but that decision does affect the game its very open to debate this is from the Nrl rule book
SECTION 10
KNOCK-ON AND FORWARD PASS
Deliberate 1. A player shall be penalised if he deliberately knocks
on or passes forward.
Accidental 2. If, after knocking-on accidentally, the player
knocking-on regains or kicks the ball before it
touches the ground, a goal post, cross bar or an
opponent, then play shall be allowed to proceed.
Otherwise play shall stop and a scrum shall be
formed except after the fifth play-the-ball.

oh well interperate this as you like its neither here nor there cause its gone now but that decision does affect the game its very open to debate this is from the Nrl rule book
SECTION 10
KNOCK-ON AND FORWARD PASS
Deliberate 1. A player shall be penalised if he deliberately knocks
on or passes forward.
Accidental 2. If, after knocking-on accidentally, the player
knocking-on regains or kicks the ball before it
touches the ground, a goal post, cross bar or an
opponent, then play shall be allowed to proceed.
Otherwise play shall stop and a scrum shall be
formed except after the fifth play-the-ball.

I don't think the knock on was deliberate, 100% accidental. Also its a different player that regains the ball in this senario.

Thinking about it now, and not sure if this is the medication talking or not but, if a player accidentally knocks on into a team mate, is that accidental offside therefore a penalty?

Um, let's not forget the laws of physics....if you drop a ball in a train does it fall at your feet or 20 metres behind you?

Therefore, if the player was moving forward at pace when the ball made contact, the ball will appear to "project forward" at the velocity of the player touching it, but not actually forward in relation to the said player who is travelling at the same velocity.

But hey, completely irrelevant because it was called a knock on, which is based on the laws of the our "illustrious" referees.:wondering:

However, if you knocked a ball on in a train............

Not against the ref's decision, just wish they could be consistent throughout the year. Is that too much to ask for?

Exactly. So many times we see the same thing that happened tonight and its let go.

Is it me or have we seen the video refs overruling the on field refs more times than before this year? I've seen a number of try and no-try calls overturned by the video refs in the 4 1/2 rounds so far this year.

I believe it shouldnt have been a try. However, the ruling has me stumped as well. No idea how you can call that a knock on. Forward pass fair enough but video ref cannot rule a forward pass. We played terribly and didnt deserve a pinch of **** with that effort but I seriously think the way they handled that no try just shows the ineptitude of the referees and how the have no ****ing idea

I agree. We didn't deserve it to be a try based on our performance, however; these sorts of referee / rule book issues is what the NRL should be sorting out. Also, it frustrates me that DCE was pulled with 5 mins to go for a doctor check. I didn't see him groggy or even a little dazed. Did he take a knock?

This is nothing new in the game.

As the vid ref can't rule on a forward pass, they get around this situation by checking for a knock on.

They've been doing it for years and I don't mind it. I think they should be able to rule on a forward pass. They use the same image to check so can't see why they couldn't.

It wasn't a try as it did go forward so I'm happy with the call.

I agree. We didn't deserve it to be a try based on our performance, however; these sorts of referee / rule book issues is what the NRL should be sorting out. Also, it frustrates me that DCE was pulled with 5 mins to go for a doctor check. I didn't see him groggy or even a little dazed. Did he take a knock?
I think tooves knew the game was gone so I think he pulled him to save him aggravating his thigh injury as it was heavily strapped

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7