What's worth streaming on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The sasquatch documentary on HULU is entertaining for the flat earth, tin foil hat crew. Rational folk should watch it also - for sh1ts and giggles.

I am watching The Wire on HBO. I am only 20 years late, but no wonder it is considered a classic.
I too have not watched it. I might start it as well . I don’t want to binge watch all of Ozark 4, as Jason Bateman was saying the other night on the Jimmy Fallon show, it is definitely the end. I’ll try and limit it to two episodes a night. ( we’ll see how that pans out! @:D).

Last edited:
I too have not watched it. I might start it as well . I don’t won’t to binge watch all of Ozark 4, as Jason Bateman was saying the other night on the Jimmy Fallon show, it is definitely the end. I’ll try and limit it to two episodes a night. ( we’ll see how that pans out! @:D).
Yeah good luck not binging it. I don’t have that self control!

I too have not watched it. I might start it as well . I don’t won’t to binge watch all of Ozark 4, as Jason Bateman was saying the other night on the Jimmy Fallon show, it is definitely the end. I’ll try and limit it to two episodes a night. ( we’ll see how that pans out! @:D).
The Wire is a great show. It will definitely be a good follow up to Ozark.

The Wire is a great show. It will definitely be a good follow up to Ozark.
Yep, got into it last night. So many recognisable faces that have kicked on since then.
‘Love the old school cinema photography , giving it that feeling of a " in your face "feeling. Like the foot chasers aren’t done on a dolley set up, but more of the cameraman running behind. Took me a while to get with the gangster slang…even with the subtitles @:p

Anyone a fan of the author Lee Childs , Jack Reacher series? Well I was up an till Childs sold the rights to two of his books approx 15 years ago to Tom Cruise. When the deal was going on, it was Cruise who said "The Rock" will play Jack Reacher. Now anyone that’s familiar with the series knows Reacher is 6’5, 110kg of muscle. Absolutely hard core. So everyone thought sweet the Rock will be perfect. But no, that egotistical, nut-job Cruise, pulled a swifty after the deal had been done, and said the Rock won’t be playing Reacher. That 5 and a half foot narcissistic prick decides he’s the man for the role. Childs copped a heap of crap at the time, his fans thinking he’d sold out for the cash. But he made it clear, if he’d known Cruise was going to play Reacher, he never would’ve done the deal.
You can see I’m still filthy about it. I did watch both the movies that Cruise was in eventually. And it made me sick. I know ppl that thought they were ok. But they hadn’t read any of Childs’ books.
Ok, end of rant there.
Now for the good bit. Amazon Prime have done a 8 part series called "Reacher" premiering February 4th.
Alan Ritchson plays Reacher. Now Ritschson isn’t 6’5, but is 6’2….good enough. But more importantly he is the right age, and is built like a brick shiithouse . I’ve only watched the trailers so far, but Ritchson looks a lot better than Cruise. It’s only taken 15 years, but hopefully the series mirrors the books. If it does, it will be binge watching TV for sure.

Sth Korean Zombie series "all my friends are dead" man..I love Zombie movies, their is a certain art doing these. It's actually in movie length episodes. Starts tomorrow.

Anyone a fan of the author Lee Childs , Jack Reacher series? Well I was up an till Childs sold the rights to two of his books approx 15 years ago to Tom Cruise. When the deal was going on, it was Cruise who said "The Rock" will play Jack Reacher. Now anyone that’s familiar with the series knows Reacher is 6’5, 110kg of muscle. Absolutely hard core. So everyone thought sweet the Rock will be perfect. But no, that egotistical, nut-job Cruise, pulled a swifty after the deal had been done, and said the Rock won’t be playing Reacher. That 5 and a half foot narcissistic prick decides he’s the man for the role. Childs copped a heap of crap at the time, his fans thinking he’d sold out for the cash. But he made it clear, if he’d known Cruise was going to play Reacher, he never would’ve done the deal.
You can see I’m still filthy about it. I did watch both the movies that Cruise was in eventually. And it made me sick. I know ppl that thought they were ok. But they hadn’t read any of Childs’ books.
Ok, end of rant there.
Now for the good bit. Amazon Prime have done a 8 part series called "Reacher" premiering February 4th.
Alan Ritchson plays Reacher. Now Ritschson isn’t 6’5, but is 6’2….good enough. But more importantly he is the right age, and is built like a brick shiithouse . I’ve only watched the trailers so far, but Ritchson looks a lot better than Cruise. It’s only taken 15 years, but hopefully the series mirrors the books. If it does, it will be binge watching TV for sure.

Thanks!

When the movie came out I didn't know about the books so I was one of those who liked the movie, and thought tom wasn't bad. (I find that even with all his 'faults' I like tom as an actor).

Then I heard the 'kerfuffle' and still didn't realise he cast himself. (lol).

But I'm interested in seeing the series (still haven't read the books).

So thanks for bringing it to my attention.

for eagle1 - I loath zombie movies, so it takes all sorts! haha

Ok, end of rant there.

Yeah I had read all the books and managed 10 minutes of the movie before deciding it was unwatchable. I'm looking forward to the series too

Ok, end of rant there.

Totally. I read the first few books in record time, couldn't put them down. Then pretty much each new one as they came out. Became a bit too formulaic in the end but if anyone hasn't yet read them ... I think the first is Killing Floor.
I too was horrified that Cruise was to play the role. Reacher is no pretty boy, that's part of his appeal.
Anyhow pleased a new series will be on, pity I don't have Prime :)

I take it you Reacher fans must of watched the new Jack Ryan series on Amazon.
What did u think ?
I really liked it.
Would love to see a Mitch Rapp or John Clark series also.

I take it you Reacher fans must of watched the new Jack Ryan series on Amazon.
What did u think ?
I really liked it.
Would love to see a Mitch Rapp or John Clark series also.
i'm 15 mins into ep 4. stopped for lunch

so far s'good.

Ok, end of rant there.

Thanks for the tip.
I’ve read most of the books and love the Reacher character. I thought the last book (now done in cahoots with his brother) was just ok.

I’ve heard plenty of people up in arms about Cruise playing Reacher but to be honest, I thought he did a good job capturing the attitude of the character.

Thanks for the tip.
I’ve read most of the books and love the Reacher character. I thought the last book (now done in cahoots with his brother) was just ok.

I’ve heard plenty of people up in arms about Cruise playing Reacher but to be honest, I thought he did a good job capturing the attitude of the character.
Well I promised myself I wouldn’t binge watch the 8 part series.And I didn’t. I watched 4 on Friday night, and the other four last night.
This is how it should’ve been done years ago. Once I saw Lee Child was one of the executive producers on this series, I hoped he would be able to copy Reacher as closely as his books demanded. And I can say now that he absolutely does.
Alan Ritchson who plays Reacher is perfect in the role. Absolutely shredded body wise. Has the "no holes barred approach" character wise down pat. Rated R in some episodes, there is no holding back on the violence. It’s already rating an 8.7 on IMBd. I’d expect that to hit a 9+ soon.
Based on Childs’ first novel, "The killing floor", the series finally reflects the book, which won a tonne of awards for Childs’ back in 1997.
I just hope they are shooting Season 2 already.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4