What's worth streaming on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well I promised myself I wouldn’t binge watch the 8 part series.And I didn’t. I watched 4 on Friday night, and the other four last night.
This is how it should’ve been done years ago. Once I saw Lee Child was one of the executive producers on this series, I hoped he would be able to copy Reacher as closely as his books demanded. And I can say now that he absolutely does.
Alan Ritchson who plays Reacher is perfect in the role. Absolutely shredded body wise. Has the "no holes barred approach" character wise down pat. Rated R in some episodes, there is no holding back on the violence. It’s already rating an 8.7 on IMBd. I’d expect that to hit a 9+ soon.
Based on Childs’ first novel, "The killing floor", the series finally reflects the book, which won a tonne of awards for Childs’ back in 1997.
I just hope they are shooting Season 2 already.

Just watched ep1 ,Reacher is Reacher for sure.

I'm halfway through (ep 4) really enjoying it. Even Mrs UK eagle is enjoying it although it may have something to do with Reacher taking his shirt off in every episode
Haha. I forgot to mention in my previous post that my missus only knows who Jack Reacher is from the nights I would keep her up, thoroughly ensconced in another Lee Child book well into the early hours.
She just happened to be walking past the TV Friday night when Reacher was stripping off in front of Roscoe (she was really good in the series as well). Anyway, the wife said "whoa, who is that!? I said that’s the bloke that kept you up at night all those years ago. She promptly made me rewind the strip down, and I had to pause it as well! A very happy wifey after that.:p@:D

Haha. I forgot to mention in my previous post that my missus only knows who Jack Reacher is from the nights I would keep her up, thoroughly ensconced in another Lee Child book well into the early hours.
She just happened to be walking past the TV Friday night when Reacher was stripping off in front of Roscoe (she was really good in the series as well). Anyway, the wife said "whoa, who is that!? I said that’s the bloke that kept you up at night all those years ago. She promptly made me rewind the strip down, and I had to pause it as well! A very happy wifey after that.:p@:D

lol

Make sure you get a credit for the rewind, just in case you need one for a later episode...

I’ve heard plenty of people up in arms about Cruise playing Reacher but to be honest, I thought he did a good job capturing the attitude of the character.

I was the same as you, because (as I typed before) I didn't know about the books or what size Reacher was supposed to be.

Cruise did have that sense of 'gravitas' with the character (he was a serious MP or investigator) and so didn't put up with any b/s. But he was also funny in subtle ways - like the scene where he dumps the car and joins the crowd in waiting for a bus.

This Reacher seems a bit more 'glib' and and walks around with a 'yeah I'm big so f.u.' chip on his shoulder. I've gotten used to it now so I don't mind (which is good as I'm about 30 mins from the end of the season). I don't know how that equates to the books.

I only read the dictionary as when you think about it, every book is in the dictionary, it's simply about word order!

(English books I mean - that's for ser8)

I was the same as you, because (as I typed before) I didn't know about the books or what size Reacher was supposed to be.

Cruise did have that sense of 'gravitas' with the character (he was a serious MP or investigator) and so didn't put up with any b/s. But he was also funny in subtle ways - like the scene where he dumps the car and joins the crowd in waiting for a bus.

This Reacher seems a bit more 'glib' and and walks around with a 'yeah I'm big so f.u.' chip on his shoulder. I've gotten used to it now so I don't mind (which is good as I'm about 30 mins from the end of the season). I don't know how that equates to the books.

I only read the dictionary as when you think about it, every book is in the dictionary, it's simply about word order!

(English books I mean - that's for ser8)
Lee Child is a master story teller. But what sets him apart is the same thing Reacher says in the series….it’s all in the details. And that’s why I found it hard to cop Cruise as Reacher. In the books Childs’ goes into specific detail of not only Reachers physic, but the way he fights, thinks (in detail), and there’s a sardonic humour to him, without it being cheesy.
I was listening to a pod-cast interview with Adam Ritchson yesterday. And season 2 is in production. He wouldn’t say which book it will be. But the interviewer put it to Adam, if he had a favourite book of Lee Childs’ which one would he pick? Adam said definitely "Die Trying". Which is my favourite too. I hope that was a cryptic clue from Adam. That would definitely be binge fest in a night TV.

BB4023A0-C20A-4306-9263-609678674B61.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but Snowpiercer is really good , season 3 has just started and Netflix are playing silly buggers and releasing just one episode each week.

But you’ll be able to watch season 1 and 2 straight through

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but Snowpiercer is really good , season 3 has just started and Netflix are playing silly buggers and releasing just one episode each week.

But you’ll be able to watch season 1 and 2 straight through
Jesus, Ive got multiple series going atm. I’ve got Sinner half way done. Ozark took a back seat to the release of Reacher. @will on the hill has got me started on the Sci-fi one. Not to mention, I’m up to series 6 of The Wire (all the members who said give it a go were spot-on. Just cause it’s 20 years old, it is as relevant today as it was then. Except the pay phones. Man that takes you back in time).
I’ll check out the trailers Mark. See if I can fit it in the diary!:D

Jesus, Ive got multiple series going atm. I’ve got Sinner half way done. Ozark took a back seat to the release of Reacher. @will on the hill has got me started on the Sci-fi one. Not to mention, I’m up to series 6 of The Wire (all the members who said give it a go were spot-on. Just cause it’s 20 years old, it is as relevant today as it was then. Except the pay phones. Man that takes you back in time).
I’ll check out the trailers Mark. See if I can fit it in the diary!:D
It’s excellent , basic premise it’s a train that’s got the last of humanity alive in it travelling around the world after a massive ice age has killed off 99.99999999% of the earths people and animals.

The Uber rich live in unadulterated luxury whilst most live in squalor.

And you can probably guess the rest.

Great show , enthralling , lots of things happening and done by a great cast.

What streamer is Gangs of Londen on maxta?
When ever I don’t know which streaming service is the right one. I go onto Apple TV and hit search. It brings up any and everything that is streamed. Even tells you if you can get a free trial or if it costs upfront ( Amazon Prime are the only ones that do it, that I’m aware of). And @maxta s spot on. It’s on Stan.

What streamer is Gangs of Londen on maxta?
Bloody hell. Here I am spruiking about the Reacher series being violent, Ha! Gangs of London is next level Tarantino shiit. Half way thru the first season. And it’s noted that Season 2 has been given the green light. They may have to bring Tarantino in himself if they go next level violence.

I just got a text saying that

"We can't confirm your profile, please click this link"

from...
Neftlix

lol- spammers didn't even spell Netflix correctly. Try harder "morans"

Also: It's only Disney+ but I liked "The book of Boba Fett" - Had a fair bit of the Mandalorian in it so I enjoyed it.

Attn: There's the final Jurassic World movie out soon!

from...
Neftlix

Also: It's only Disney+ but I liked "The book of Boba Fett" - Had a fair bit of the Mandalorian in it so I enjoyed it.

The thing is, how many people don't notice the spelling mistake and just glance at it and click on the link? Not everyone is some sort of space scientist.....

The thing is, how many people don't notice the spelling mistake and just glance at it and click on the link? Not everyone is some sort of space scientist.....

lol, that's true.

You (general you) just hope that people realise that there's no need to confirm profiles, that they can try going to netfilx and seeing that it works, at to not trust dodgy looking links like sivertails. net or something...!

from...
Neftlix

I was doing some cyber training a few months ago and asked why scammers don’t use Grammarly. The answer went something along the lines of: the mistakes are deliberate as the scammers rationalise that if you ‘dumb’ enough not to notice it is a scam, you don’t deserve to keep your money. Like some kind of scammers code. I dunno if this is true, sounds odd, but hey, I just asked the question.

Well the good news is that tonight...they spelt "Netflix" correctly.

The bad news - they were unable to process my payment and I should click this random link to solve everything.

lol

(our netflix a/c is actually in mrs ge's name, btw.)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4