Whats happened to Cade Cust?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Though Des obviously prefers Croker, who by the way has improved his play markedly at hooker in my opinion, I still prefer Cust there because he is more dangerous in attack. Good as back up half or five eighth, but not ahead of Schuster and DCE and for that matter Foran.

Last edited:
Though Des obviously prefers Croker, who by the way has improved his play markedly at hooker in my opinion, I still prefer Cust there because he is more dangerous in attack. Good as back up half or five eighth, but not ahead of Schuster and DCE and for that matter Foran.
Cust wouldn't last 80 minutes in the centre of the field tackling his ass off, which is essentially what Croker is doing. Des has got him tightening up that middle third. His fitness is exceptional.

There are so many attacking options in the side, and having an eighty minute defensive work horse is a luxury. Croker is playing a very understated role for the side right now.

He has proven many on here to be completely wrong - particularly me - and no way would I be dropping him for Cust.

Injured at the moment
Good squad player signed for another couple years I think
Wouldn't surprise me if Canberra came asking about him ...

When you look at it, with Lawton now playing, Cade probably is now our 3rd choice hooker. And in the halves he's about the 4th or 5th choice. Who knows, maybe if the Faders do come knocking, the club won't stand in his way??

That's provided they do come calling.

Good squad player signed for another couple years I think
Wouldn't surprise me if Canberra came asking about him ...
Correct, Cust was re-signed last August to end 2022.

Supposedly injured (again) but yes that's the $64 question - what has happened to him...

Cust wouldn't last 80 minutes in the centre of the field tackling his ass off, which is essentially what Croker is doing. Des has got him tightening up that middle third. His fitness is exceptional.

There are so many attacking options in the side, and having an eighty minute defensive work horse is a luxury. Croker is playing a very understated role for the side right now.

He has proven many on here to be completely wrong - particularly me - and no way would I be dropping him for Cust.
With Lawton fit, he probably makes the side, and therefore makes an 80 minute hooker fairly redundant IMO

Cust was extended at the time out of necessity, and it was a shrewd decision at the time... but he now appears to be surplus.

How things can change so dramatically, so quickly. He will probably come in handy at times over the next 2 years. Cheap cover and it's a results based business.

Cust was extended at the time out of necessity, and it was a shrewd decision at the time... but he now appears to be surplus.

How things can change so dramatically, so quickly. He will probably come in handy at times over the next 2 years. Cheap cover and it's a results based business.
I would still prefer Cust over Croker despite our recent form.

We’ve gotten one good scalp - when coming up against Storm and Penrith we’ll need a point of attack from dummy half and unfortunately Croker still is not it.

Crokers fitness and toughness have always been exceptional and unquestionable
and he is doing the job at the moment as has stepped up a gear from poor past performances and a credit to him .

It is his football finesse that he is lacking.
In Big finals games
Big game number 9's in teams Spines
make a huge difference to game outcomes

We make no apologies for demanding the best for our Manly sea eagles

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4