Whats happened to Cade Cust?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cust wouldn't last 80 minutes in the centre of the field tackling his ass off, which is essentially what Croker is doing. Des has got him tightening up that middle third. His fitness is exceptional.

There are so many attacking options in the side, and having an eighty minute defensive work horse is a luxury. Croker is playing a very understated role for the side right now.

He has proven many on here to be completely wrong - particularly me - and no way would I be dropping him for Cust.

Maybe you're right Kevinward777. I dont know what happens behind the scenes and perhaps Des knows what you are saying to be the reason. I've seen him play full games without much trouble, but not enough in first grade to judge. However he must have something there because he was resigned before this year, for a further 2 years, whereas Croker is still unsigned past the end of 2021. Perhaps its because he is more versatile, or perhaps decisions on Croker have not yet been made.

A couple of years ago I expected Cade to develop into another Allan Thompson, He still shows snatches of the same play in the few minutes he gets onto the field. While its good to have him in reserve it might be better if he went to another team where he could have a chance to establish himself in first grade and really show us what he can do. He belongs in the halves and he's not going to get past Shoey, Foz and Cherry for a regular first grade start with us.

I think he has the makings of a tough Langer type player. Obviously Manly think its worth hanging onto him, in offering a further two year contract last August. If Fainu's matter is dismissed, I can see some potential for Cust being an almost permanent 14th man to cover multiple positions. Just needs more opportunities to show his wares

with forans return date unsure its likely he will play with schuster in the halves while DCE is in origin. i reckon we should wait and see how he goes then. he seems a likely footballer who has a red hot go with or without the ball. still reminds me of travis burns but a little more in control and with a bit more skill

Cust can definitely play. I just don't see him performing the same defensive role that Croker is doing right now. Certainly worth holding onto as halves cover, and as has already been mentioned in this thread; he may well develop into a top line utility.
agree with the defence . croker is bloody good

Pretty tough break for Cust, was an opportunity to cement a starting place and he got injured. Hard to see where he fits in unless injuries force Schuster to return to back row

Depends on origin

Last edited:
Pretty tough break for Cust, was an opportunity to cement a starting place and he got injured. Hard to see where he fits in unless injuries force Schuster to return to back row

Depends on origin
We need him for origin, and he will get a chance.

Rather than starting a new thread, I've used this one even though I know what's happened to Cust...

I feel a little sorry for Cade, who's waiting in the wings for his next chance. It seems a bit of a waste to have a good utility player lying idle but we just haven't had any room for him (nice situation for us to be in).

Maybe if Turbo's out, Cade might get a spot on the bench, but in any case I hope he gets some game time soon so he'll be ready to provide some back-up, should the need arise in the finals.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8