Whats happened to Cade Cust?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rather than starting a new thread, I've used this one even though I know what's happened to Cust...

I feel a little sorry for Cade, who's waiting in the wings for his next chance. It seems a bit of a waste to have a good utility player lying idle but we just haven't had any room for him (nice situation for us to be in).

Maybe if Turbo's out, Cade might get a spot on the bench, but in any case I hope he gets some game time soon so he'll be ready to provide some back-up, should the need arise in the finals.
I guess it's all about taking you're chances, Cust got injured, Crocker got his chance and hasn't looked back. Same thing happened to Sulli, Harper got his chance.

Unfortunately I think Cust is going to be sold off. He's first grade standard, but he has too many in front of him, and especially if Fainu wins his case and Humphries proves a winner. Similar situation that led to Hastings coming to Manly, because he was down the pecking order at the Roosters.

Cust should get a bench spot this weekend if Walker moves into the starting side. I hope we can keep him around until DCE eventually retires although that could be quite some time, so I wouldn't blame him for finding an opportunity elsewhere. Definitely first grade standard

I really like Cust and would hate to see him in another teams colours and it would make me sick to see him at the dogs parra souffs or storm
But I guess u can't keep them all
It would be be a bit easier if the bwse were playing, anyway things change quickly in RL, I hope we can keep him

Last edited:
First-grade standard halfback, deserves better but has just been put to the side. Feel bad for him, I really love his energy and how he plays. A smart club should honestly try to get him for cheap, I'm certain he has good potential about him. Young as well. As much as it will be hard, I really wanna see him thrive even if it isn't in maroon and white :(

Sadly for him he is a by-product of a clubs search for success. He was extended when we thought we had no other option...then Foran popped up. Maybe Foran was signed more to mentor Shoo than as a full-time 6 but the fickle hand of fate has seen Foran being far more resilient than expected and Con has ended up being the odd man out. Foran has been extended for 2022 so that has realistically put an end to Con's FG career at MWSE. Both Foran and DCE would need to be out for him to get a start as Shoo is first up. Fog has grabbed the 9 jumper with both hands so a starting spot there has vanished too.

I hope another club picks him up after nov 1 as I believe he has something to offer and is being wasted here.

Warning for MWSE: we have no halves backup except Shoo if he leaves and young Fainu is a couple of years away yet. We also need 3 hookers so we will need to find anther 9 too. Would be nice to string him along but it would not be fair on the kid.

Last edited:
Sadly for him he is a by-product of a clubs search for success. He was extended when we thought we had no other option...then Foran popped up. Maybe Foran was signed more to mentor Shoo than as a full-time 6 but the fickle hand of fate has seen Foran being far more resilient than expected and Con has ended up being the odd man out. Foran has been extended for 2022 so that has realistically put an end to Con's FG career at MWSE. Both Foran and DCE would need to be out for him to get a start as Shoo is first up. Fog has grabbed the 9 jumper with both hands so a starting spot there has vanished too.

I hope another club picks him up after nov 1 as I believe he has something to offer and is being wasted here.

Warning for MWSE: we have no halves backup except Shoo if he leaves and young Fainu is a couple of years away yet. We also need 3 hookers so we will need to find anther 9 too. Would be nice to string him along but it would not be fair on the kid.
I'd keep him. We are only an injury away from needing him. Look at our props, we lost Keppie, Sipley and Paseka within 2 weeks and are now having to use De Luis and Siro. You don't need depth until you do. Its not ideal for Cust but from all reports NSW cup will be back on as normal next year so he will get game time to prove his worth.

Guess it will depend on outside interest in Cade and if he is at ease with a similar situation as now with available and present incumbents halfs , 9 "s occupying or vying for i st grade spots . [ including Lawton and Walker ] Sure that the club would wish to retain him , bit like young Burbo and Funa , good ability but also plenty of competition for their respective suited spots .

Regrettably injury plays a big part when there are a couple in line for a position of similar skills. If Cust had not been injured a couple of times, things may have been different . But as mentioned above Croker grabbed his opportunity and is now well set in the hooking position and doing a good job. Having Schuster, Foran, Karl Lawton and a couple of juniors such as Humphries on the rise, makes his job even harder. Had he not had injuries, he may now be our hooker. Such is fate. There are only so many positions. Same seems to apply to Funa

is he injured? or fully out of favour?

It's a great question, Cust has tons of ability and would be a real gun in our team, but that said Croker has also done a superb job beyond what any of us imagined was possible. And Walker has also surprised us all with his Benji no.14 role, so it's a very tough one for Cade to even get in the 17 atm.

No different to Siro or Gosiewski who's old school second row roles have been superseded by the modern day edge forwards who are now in effect big body Latrell centres.

Also brings the question, where is the Fainu situation at? Seemed to be murmers a few weeks ago the case might dissolve but no further word since.

What changed my opinion of Croker from last year is how far he has progressed and grabbed the hooking role. What's astonishing (and this is available on Manly's site) is he is averaging over 38 tackles a game with a 95% efficiency rate (that's up there with Jake) as well as getting that ball out quickly to his team mates. He has also 6 try assists. Obviously Des saw the talent there that I certainly didn't see. I bow to his better judgement. Maybe Fainu might have a battle getting back his spot, if he gets off the charge.

First-grade standard halfback, deserves better but has just been put to the side. Feel bad for him, I really love his energy and how he plays. A smart club should honestly try to get him for cheap, I'm certain he has good potential about him. Young as well. As much as it will be hard, I really wanna see him thrive even if it isn't in maroon and white :(

Shhhh. Ricky Stuart might be reading this. He would be an excellent pickup for Canberra.

I thought the Broncos might have taken a chance on him. He would go well next to Reynolds; however, it seems they are gambling on Gamble.

What changed my opinion of Croker from last year is how far he has progressed and grabbed the hooking role. What's astonishing (and this is available on Manly's site) is he is averaging over 38 tackles a game with a 95% efficiency rate (that's up there with Jake) as well as getting that ball out quickly to his team mates. He has also 6 try assists. Obviously Des saw the talent there that I certainly didn't see. I bow to his better judgement. Maybe Fainu might have a battle getting back his spot, if he gets off the charge.
I think Fainu at his best would take Croker's spot or interchange between them at worst

I can see Cust ending up at a club like the Tigers if he isn't content being a depth player for us. It would be sad to see him go but I think his path into first grade is blocked at this point. His best chance at being in the 17 was the 14 jersey but Walker has really made that his own.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8