What positions do we need to Strengthen?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't think we need to throw too much cash at any particular position. Albert Hopoate to play centre/wing and cover fullback. Schuster/Cust as halves partner for DCE with Walker back to centre and cover for halves. Guac to replace Thommo (I like Jetski's enthusiasm but just don't think he's quite first grade standard). Paseka and Keppie are continuing to improve and with Saddler and Sipley to come into the rotation.

If we did look to spend I would go after CHN to replace Thommo if case Gauc isn'tready and we need to bring him along more slowly. If Fainu isn't available next year maybe look at Granville who is out of favour in NQ, or Brandon Smith if he wants to play hooker and Grant blocks his path in Melbourne, to partner with Levi in the hooker rotation.

The squad is fine at the moment , if a few of the young guys were given an opportunity we might see where we need to strengthen cause there a bit unproven eg Schuster Hoppa Haumole if they don't cut it that's where the team needs strengthening in those positions backrow and wing and 5/8

Second rower x 1, winger x 1 maybe 2 depending on garrick progressing rather than regressing. He does something’s well, but we need more from him

still not sure about walker, so we either need a 5/8 or a centre pending where he ends up in our backline

Alex Johnston and a crazy second rower ( ala Choc)
Yep miss that type of back rower like choc. Fast on his feet, quick play the balls, lots of metres, goes hard all game.

Definitely think back rower! Jr Hoppa will take that wing spot in the not too near future - he will be a gun and great full back cover. Schuster to bench as a ball playing forward

Yeah i like keppie and i think he will be great but i just dont think him paired with Paseka is good enough. And Des seems to view Paseka as a #3.

Agree 100% of your assesment on the props ... but would only add the element of time .... If we are talking next week, yes we need an old world prop ...

But if we are talking next year .... I have seen enough of Paseka and Keppie to believe they will both be better than handy 1st graders ... at the start of next season they will both be out of the rookie stage .... and into their professional stage .... with Marty, AFB, Boyle and Saddler it should be enough ...

And help me with this .... last season, Dessie generally went with GoJetski and Wardell on the bench, and only one other traditional prop ..... and again last weekend he favoured the lighter more mobile GoJetski and Wardell .... (Q) .. Are we seeing a move away from the min 4 props a game ? (Q) How are the new rules affecting the middle rotation ?

Yeah i reckon he runs a really good outside and in line but its more like a crash ball close to the line. Pehaps we were too spoiled with Matai and Lyon. But i'd be much more confident if we could create trys from our own half again.
I agree, centres are not the strike weapons like they were in the old days, that role now belongs to wingers.

I agree i he would be handy but no way would come to us. Lol they'll let a fringe 1st grade player go and absorb SBW comfortably with room for additional players haha
Will be interesting to see if he is even up to NRL standard nowadays, he struggled a bit at the wolfpack

FB_IMG_1595303457350.jpg

Wheels in motion!!!

Time to start looking at a 7.

Both our 2nd rowers are cooked.

The whole 3/4 line is sub standard.

9 is a massive issue. No Gang Bangers for mine.

6 needs to be addressed.

The weakness we have is our inability to score tries from bombs, and to defend against balls kicked behind our wingers.
Today's winger is a fast stringbean with a good leap and reliable hands. The two Storm wingers are perfect examples.
Unfortunately, one of our wingers is built close to the ground and while he has been a great servant to the club the style of play has bypassed him. Perhaps he could try a move to the forwards to maintain his relevance in the sport.
All I know is that the high kick to the wing is the most important attacking weapon for almost all club these days, and many tries flow from it. We need one winger who we can kick to.

SBW although pretty sure the chooks have plenty of space in their cap
Of course it wont happen but could you even imagine the impact a bloke like SBW would have on our side... thommo and siro have been good (especially in defence) but I dont think either have been at their best creatively this year (certainly not sirro)... we have got a committed bunch of quality football players right now and introducing a strong, creative and fast edge forward like SBW would lite the fuse of a premiership challenging side I reckon... not a huge fan but credit where it is due - the guy is a gun...

I would make huge play for Tom Starling from the Raiders as the back up hooker option. He is off contract next year and watching him play last Thursday, he would be a great pickup.
We have let some number 9 talent go in the last few seasons, Verrills and Lussick to the roosters.

Several have an opinion on Jack Birt.

Tyran Ott is another one in the system, we are producing the talent at the moment.

A good system we have in place now with the workers also. Getting good junior talent progressing, then the blokes on their last chance with Hales.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6