What Des has inherited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The only thing barrett had was excuses, good riddance to him!!!!
Hmmmm. He has one other thing and it’s this: He’s exactly the same as us in that none of us is coaching an NRL team.
The thing he has is a wage for not doing it.

Anyone who thinks Barrett was not at fault for the bad performances the past few years needs to open their eyes. If you can't see the improvement in defensive structures alone since Des has come back then you don't know the game of rugby league. The only thing barrett had was excuses, good riddance to him!!!!

OK numbnut ... i have opened my eyes and I will take a rough stab at trying to understand this game of rugby league that you are obviously an expert on ....

Let's try with a suggestion that defence is greatly affected by attitude ... in fact I have heard it said that it is ALL about attitude ....

Well since May last year when Zorba announced to all and sundry that .. as a result of Penn refusing to provide the coaching resources that had been promised ... Barrett had resigned ....

what do you think that piece of news did to the attitude of the playing group .... learning that your owner wasn't even bothered ...

So, whilst Barrett may not have been the world's best coach .... anybody that thinks he was solely responsible for last years results should open their eyes ....

Paul Kent on Des....

roostersrock
8:40 PM

Hi Kenty, which coach(es) are best at manipulating the rules?

Paul Kent
Within the current framework? Bellamy, Robinson, Hasler.

*never trust a journo*

Paul Kent on Des....

roostersrock

Hi Kenty, which coach(es) are best at manipulating the rules?

Paul Kent
Within the current framework? Bellamy, Robinson, Hasler.

*never trust a journo*

Paul Kent has his own agenda. Its not about telling it as it is but rather stirring the pot so he has material to discuss. He's a manipulator playing the odds, shifting positions to keep his Fox shows confrontational. He's a News stooge ensuring as much controversial gossip plays for the benefit of the media. He has no interest in the game per se, only as far as it keeps his rating up, and giving it to Manly is a popular sport.

The most amazing thing about this thread is that the “Barrett is Crap Camp”, the “Barrett is not Crap Camp” and the “We don’t know if Barrett is Crap Camp” (there are three camps as I see it) are still trying to convince each other that their Camp is the right Camp. I’ve just read 6 pages and no new arguments have been put forward that weren’t aired 6 months ago. Don’t get me wrong, some of the posts were hilarious but what this tells me is that whatever Camp someone is in now, it is unlikely anyone will be jumping camps anytime soon....

and Matt Wright as hooker with Brad Parker as an impact forward on the bench.

I am glad you remembered to bring up Matt Wright at Hooker and Brad Parker as an Impact forward on the bench as Trent had no idea .

He had Walker the NRL centre of the year also playing out of position at 5/8

No idea fluffy the goose had no idea

external.jpg

Last edited:
OK numbnut ... i have opened my eyes and I will take a rough stab at trying to understand this game of rugby league that you are obviously an expert on ....

Let's try with a suggestion that defence is greatly affected by attitude ... in fact I have heard it said that it is ALL about attitude ....

Well since May last year when Zorba announced to all and sundry that .. as a result of Penn refusing to provide the coaching resources that had been promised ... Barrett had resigned ....

what do you think that piece of news did to the attitude of the playing group .... learning that your owner wasn't even bothered ...

So, whilst Barrett may not have been the world's best coach .... anybody that thinks he was solely responsible for last years results should open their eyes ....
Our defense under Barrett was subpar from day one and really there's no need to insult a fellow supporter. I stand by what I said, Hasler is a much better coach then Barrett especially in our defensive structures.

Barrett's choice how he used the Bench = terrible.

Barrett's defensive structures = terrible

Barrett's "I'll change how dce plays", use him as the only kicker = terrible.

Barrett's "I'll bring a 2nd rower from St merge to play centre and move the dally m centre to 5/8 untried = terrible

Barrett's handling of Gladstone + Hastings = terrible.

If... only... he... had... a... sprint... coach. ..

Our defense under Barrett was subpar from day one and really there's no need to insult a fellow supporter. I stand by what I said, Hasler is a much better coach then Barrett especially in our defensive structures.

Cry me a river .... you don't think telling some people to open their eyes and that they don't know the game of Rugby League wasn't insulting .... problem with you experts is ... wait til next week and you will be just as likely wrong ...

To be that lacking in any sort of imagination or experience ... that you blindly believe there can only be one reason for improvement ... shows such a lack of knowledge about the dynamics of football teams as to be juvenile ....

..and Yes .... Des has worked hard, as has his coaching staff, as have the players ... and defense has improved .... as you would hope it would ..... and here is hoping that nothing happens to change it .....

Cry me a river .... you don't think telling some people to open their eyes and that they don't know the game of Rugby League wasn't insulting .... problem with you experts is ... wait til next week and you will be just as likely wrong ...

To be that lacking in any sort of imagination or experience ... that you blindly believe there can only be one reason for improvement ... shows such a lack of knowledge about the dynamics of football teams as to be juvenile ....

..and Yes .... Des has worked hard, as has his coaching staff, as have the players ... and defense has improved .... as you would hope it would ..... and here is hoping that nothing happens to change it .....
Nice concession I respect that.

Mate let’s look at a couple of things
The squad is weaker than last year

Lane is gone
Kelly is gone
Walker hasn’t played a game
Tom has only played 2 games

Yet we are a significantly better team and defensively we are one of the better sides in the comp compared to last year we were the worst.

There’s only one reason for that the change in coach and the culture of individual accountability being cultivated by the new coach

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8