What Des has inherited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
weren't you the one sprouting not to celebrate mediocrity, yet here you are giving out hand shandys to anyone who will join you to celebrate a 3 and 3 start to the season.

You know the last bloke to start 3 and 3 and make the 8 got run out of the club?

3 and three is way off last years mediocrity wooden spoon efforts feathered friend and the season is not finished yet ;)

If you think that our last performance against the Dragons was mediocrity than you and the rest of the Trent the quitter supporters club have no idea

Last season the quitter had Tom Turbo AFB and Walker in our team and got smashed by the Dragons by 6 tries to one

Now that is what you call mediocrity !!!

Last edited:
That's gone and fukked it .... now I've got NO FUKKEN idea!
But I do know what you mean and they needed to step aside and let lyall and Des run the show.
I like the things they are doing now and the more open approach which never seemed to be their way.

3 and three is way off last years mediocrity wooden spoon efforts feathered friend and the season is not finished yet ;)

If you think that our last performance against the Dragons was mediocrity than you and the rest of the Trent the quitter supporters club have no idea

Last season the quitter had Tom Turbo AFB and Walker in our team and got smashed by the Dragons by 6 tries to one

'3 and three is way off last years mediocrity.'

Haha, sure is - by one game! You should work for CNN...

You mean Max Delmege .... the bloke Penn royally shafted without even a reach around .....

After Macquire told him he must be joking ... and he was forced by public outrage to swallow his pride and re-hire Dessie .... I think he has been told to go to the states, keep quite, and just sign the cheques ......and let Dessie and Gorman get on with it .....

First thing they did was approve all the things that Barrett had requested ....

100% spot on and this is why the comparisons with last year are stupid. The penns undermined our club not Barrett, he at least tried, sure things were beyond him but any coach on that situation was set up for failure.

and Matt Wright as hooker with Brad Parker as an impact forward on the bench.

De$ inherited a team that had been undermined by the owners and whiteanted to the point that they almost won the spoon, the majority of this team the year before had over achieved in most peoples eyes and finished 6th and that is the coaching comparison of the current squad. Barrett inherited a team split and had $1M on the sidelines getting their backended "entitlements" from the De$ years that cost Tooves his job.

De$ has also massively increased his support staff which is something the owners refused to do last year.

He also no longer has Zorba inside the organisation to deal with which must make life a lot easier.

Essentially De$ has the best opportunity for the last 5 + years so #noexcuses and we are 3 and 3 owing only to Reynolds sh!t kicking rather than great play.

Keep dribbling Trent

It is only a matter of time fluffy .

Time will show us Your potential of Barrett as a future head coach and Haslers capabilities in the next 3 years and beyond with our Sea eagles

After the rubbish that I have seen from this incompetent quitter, that over time regressed our team to play without a soul and to standards of wooden spoon level

Time reveals all fluffy .

Here is your man Fluffy after another heavy defeat .

Arms folded eyes closed

Say no more and let time reveal it all

Watch this space fluffy ;)

View attachment 11233

Well said. Fluffy needs to build a bridge to get over his Barrett man crush. Or better still f@#% off and support another club. His constant white anting of the team is nauseating.

Cannot for the life of me understand the love of Barrett. Will never forget the way he jumped into that media interview unannounced at Brookie and threw Hastings under the bus. As a Coach you never ever ever do that to one of your playing group. You will never see Des do that nor Bennett nor Bellamy. Example how Des recently dealt with Suli privately. I’m sorry and I have never met him so it’s no personal. Dumb selections over and over again. Poor game plans and his media presentation was at times embarrassing And the excuses keep coming like hits in the 70’s. Let’s see who signs him into the future and whether he has success. I don’t care but glad he’s not here anymore.

Totally agree. Maybe you can get fluffy to try and explain it to you. He's the only one that can't comprehend .

Some people are just attention seekers...

images (9).jpeg

Yeah really. Blaming everyone from the front office to a lack of a sprint coach for Barrett's coaching woes. The facts are that his game plans were crap, team selections bewildering and man management appalling. The guy was a fraud and will never coach again at the top level. Even the bush footy teams would baulk at him.
I'm just saying, you're telling Fluffy to support another team, but think through this a second .

Why is Fluffy upset? Is it because he was happy, or unhappy Des left? It's obviously because he was unhappy Des left the team he loves.

So you're basically telling someone who obviously loves the team to go away, because they were disappointed that team he loves, lost the best (or close to) coaches we had .

That Ivan cleary has gone from a good coach to hopeless overnight

To be fair, other than to the media who seem to love the guy, a lot of fans around the NRL have thought of Ivan Cleary as overrated for a few years, especially since he was originally sacked from Penrith for lack of results.

Oh sure, his name was bandied around here as a possible replacement for Barrett, but that was mostly because he's a Manly junior who had a grounding in the Manly club culture. It had nothing really to do with his success rate as a coach which quite frankly has been sub par for someone thought of so highly by some. And as soon as other names such as Maguire and Hasler (despite what happened after the 2011 GF) were mentioned, proven coaching winners, Cleary became almost an afterthought.

Lets face it, and this really came out a few weeks ago, the only reason Penrith even wanted him back was because it had become public knowledge that Nathan Cleary wanted to be coached at some point by his dad and Penrith feared that they would lose him. Phil Gould may be opinionated and agenda driven, but when it comes to what makes rugby league teams win he is no dummy. He didn't want Ivan Cleary as coach. He didn't think he was the right coach at the end of 2015 and that hasn't changed. But he was overruled by a club board who feared losing the player they consider the clubs next Greg Alexander.

Trent Barrtt was rubbish plain and simple. I don't know what's the point defending someone as useless as Barrett? Blaming furniture and not having a big enough budget for performance was obviously a excuse to cover up how bad are coach he was.

Finally I just wish him well in his future endeavours...

Anyone who thinks Barrett was not at fault for the bad performances the past few years needs to open their eyes. If you can't see the improvement in defensive structures alone since Des has come back then you don't know the game of rugby league. The only thing barrett had was excuses, good riddance to him!!!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8