What Des has inherited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Care to list the Dragons unavailable? Probably wouldn't suit your argument and rally the troops like you'd hope though.

I care to do so very much Ryan

Over all Ryan as you said . How many NRL teams would half our reserve grade NRL team make ? remember mate ?

Having said that our under strength team relied more on Turbo Walker and AFB than The Dragons team do on Simms and Widdop

Which makes the close game that we nearly won more remarkable

Des inherited a bunch of individuals who lacked the belief and resolve to grind out games.
Getting back to thread topic, this says it all. If last night's game was last year, the result would've more likely been 32-10. Des has 'coached' them to grit it out, defend at all costs and believe in themselves - such things which previously didn't exist.

So you are going to blame Des for Stewart Stewart Matai watmough Foran and DCE contract issues.

Fact 1 Brett signed his last contract after Des left the club
Fact 2 Matai signed his last contract after Des left the club.

Fact 3 Barrett and bozo decided they were both done and needed to be retired.
Fact 4 foran and DCE were off contract in the same season for contracts signed or upgraded after Des left
Fact 5 Glenn and choc left the club at the end of 2014 3 years after Des left the club.

But hey gav don’t let the facts ruin your narrative you clown.

Barrett and his clowns eroded our clubs culture. Des for his faults gets it he’s brought back manly people and the team is playing like manly.

yes as they believed they were owed money as they took unders when De$ was coach. This was widely know as the reason DCE was on the outer as he took a moderate pay contract (for a half back) and tore the team in half creating disharmony and getting Tooves the punt in the end.

The best and scary thing to remember we are essentially playing around 1 million under the salary cap penalty 300,000 plus walkers salary and him not playing.

Can you imagine next year we play for the first time with a full cap, the players who don’t perform Des will let go.

2020 is really when things will really improve.

Love what Des has already done with team but he has not finished yet not by a long way.

Same thing for the last 3 years, last year cap penalty plus plenty of injuries, some round we had more cap on the sideline than on the field. 2017 we paid Myles half a million on the cap (out of $7M) and 2016 we had well over a million in Stewart and Matai gone (out of $6.8M).

It is only a matter of time fluffy .

Time will show us Your potential of Barrett as a future head coach and Haslers capabilities in the next 3 years and beyond with our Sea eagles

After the rubbish that I have seen from this incompetent quitter, that over time regressed our team to play without a soul and to standards of wooden spoon level

Time reveals all fluffy .

Here is your man Fluffy after another heavy defeat .

Arms folded eyes closed

Say no more and let time reveal it all

Watch this space fluffy ;)

View attachment 11233

yep, got about 4 or 5 months to get us to better than top 6

Fact 6... you’re wasting your time presenting facts to this bloke.

Fact 7 You have tried to prove me wrong but still have come up with nothing.

Instead you are jumping for joy with us winning only 50% of our games, 1 of them by pure luck that Reynolds had his worst kicking game of his career.

It is only a matter of time fluffy .

Time will show us Your potential of Barrett as a future head coach and Haslers capabilities in the next 3 years and beyond with our Sea eagles

After the rubbish that I have seen from this incompetent quitter, that over time regressed our team to play without a soul and to standards of wooden spoon level

Time reveals all fluffy .

Here is your man Fluffy after another heavy defeat .

Arms folded eyes closed

Say no more and let time reveal it all

Watch this space fluffy ;)

View attachment 11233

weren't you the one sprouting not to celebrate mediocrity, yet here you are giving out hand shandys to anyone who will join you to celebrate a 3 and 3 start to the season.

You know the last bloke to start 3 and 3 and make the 8 got run out of the club?

Fact 7 You have tried to prove me wrong but still have come up with nothing.

Instead you are jumping for joy with us winning only 50% of our games, 1 of them by pure luck that Reynolds had his worst kicking game of his career.

And how many games have we lost since 1947 where goal kicking let us down? Even when we had kickers the caliber of Matthew Ridge, Ivan Cleary and Ben Walker who were all high 70% career kickers?

You can only defeat what is in front of you. If they miss kicks at goal, all the easier.

Interesting take from journo Nick Tedeschi

Des and the No Names: Des Hasler has done an outstanding job with Manly this year, a truly extraordinary coaching effort. He left Canterbury in absolute disgrace. He has returned to Manly a hero. His job this year has him as the front runner for Coach of the Year honours. He has at his disposal one of the worst rosters available, at least in terms of depth, imaginable. Yet he is getting some heroic performances out of a team that has Brad Parker, Brendan Elliot, Kane Elgey, Jack Goswieski and Reuben Garrick playing key roles. They have less talent than nearly every team but their toughness will take them a long way.

Interesting take from journo Nick Tedeschi

Des and the No Names: Des Hasler has done an outstanding job with Manly this year, a truly extraordinary coaching effort. He left Canterbury in absolute disgrace. He has returned to Manly a hero. His job this year has him as the front runner for Coach of the Year honours. He has at his disposal one of the worst rosters available, at least in terms of depth, imaginable. Yet he is getting some heroic performances out of a team that has Brad Parker, Brendan Elliot, Kane Elgey, Jack Goswieski and Reuben Garrick playing key roles. They have less talent than nearly every team but their toughness will take them a long way.
Of course an article like that is BS but Des will be most grateful and no doubt pin it to the wall. Our roster is top-heavy, true, but we have some of the best players in the competition.

Cannot for the life of me understand the love of Barrett. Will never forget the way he jumped into that media interview unannounced at Brookie and threw Hastings under the bus. As a Coach you never ever ever do that to one of your playing group. You will never see Des do that nor Bennett nor Bellamy. Example how Des recently dealt with Suli privately. I’m sorry and I have never met him so it’s no personal. Dumb selections over and over again. Poor game plans and his media presentation was at times embarrassing And the excuses keep coming like hits in the 70’s. Let’s see who signs him into the future and whether he has success. I don’t care but glad he’s not here anymore.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8