what 5 Manly players under pressure to perform 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do you think Harper will get over getting owned in Qualifier, or he just a fringe player who had a good half season and won't play first grade by end of 2022 ?
He deserves first crack at least, for 3/4 of the season Harper made the centre pos his own, so much so that Suli never got a look in when he came back from injury. Has a good combo with Saab also. Got a good feeling about Harpers prospects for 22 going forward.

DCE's track record in big games is looking dicey. That storm game he played like a clown. Harper wasnt much better but DCE didnt help.

He deserves first crack at least, for 3/4 of the season Harper made the centre pos his own, so much so that Suli never got a look in when he came back from injury. Has a good combo with Saab also. Got a good feeling about Harpers prospects for 22 going forward.
I wish I shared your optimism - but he was a totally shattered man in our last few games. Hope he proves me wrong but with him and Parker as starting centres we are going nowhere against the top teams. We have some great juniors coming through the centre position, so give them a chance !!!

I wish I shared your optimism - but he was a totally shattered man in our last few games. Hope he proves me wrong but with him and Parker as starting centres we are going nowhere against the top teams. We have some great juniors coming through the centre position, so give them a chance !!!
Not making excuses, but I suspect Harper was carrying an arm/shoulder in the last month or so, obviously not bad enough for Des to haul him off. The 2 trials will be important for our centres competing for these positions.

One from left field, Turbo. Obviously no pressure on his spot but the pressure of being the best player in the comp is real. Expectations will be high. If he can turn the pressure into motivation and improve on a near perfect 2021 it will be something that will be talked about for decades.

Bingo. I think Tom is probably under more pressure than anyone for those exact reasons.

His 2021 set a standard for himself that will be very hard to replicate or improve on.

Bingo. I think Tom is probably under more pressure than anyone for those exact reasons.

His 2021 set a standard for himself that will be very hard to replicate or improve on.
The Wonderful Wombat won 4 premierships

The Sensational Snake won 2

Tom Terrific is still yet to win one

The moral of the story
Great Manly full backs win Premierships . They are not shut down in finals footy

The Bench mark for all that wear the Legendary Manly colours

No premiership Win . No Glory

1639706337179.png

Agree he offered alot more than Suli who killed us with lethargic defence 8n our red zone.
He showed alot and was very impressive early on, I believe he had a knee injury which was affecting his speed. I hope he see game with Olam as one off, I did see stat over holidays he was in top 5 in defensive one on one tackles from nrl.

Agree he offered alot more than Suli who killed us with lethargic defence 8n our red zone.
He showed alot and was very impressive early on, I believe he had a knee injury which was affecting his speed. I hope he see game with Olam as one off, I did see stat over holidays he was in top 5 in defensive one on one tackles from nrl.
True....I see no reason why Harper wont recapture his early/mid 2021 season form, he plays direct in attack and with Saab has formed into a huge attacking threat when given early ball.

Yeah I was impressed with him early on
Harper is in the team but will be under pressure. In his first NRL season he proved he can play first grade, but now he has to step up and show he can not merely exist in NRL but play consistently at a high level.
He would be one of the smaller centres in NRL these days but I think he is quite a clever player so if he can stay fit he'll keep improving.
The mo and the curly locks are reason enough to want him to succeed, they definitely add to the team's chemistry :).

Two Lionels, lol

1643237681013.png
1643237769522.png

Jake. Our Star Forward Rep. But Freddy got way more out of him at Prop at origin then DES did at 13 at club! At origin he was like a forward leader showing the way forward. With such big match experience, he isn't really that calm head on field. Is the speed of the game hampering him at 13, he is no longer a running threat. It years since I can recall Jake running at a hole.
The writing may be on the wall, that DES transitioned him out to prop for a 1/4 of the game most weeks in 21, and with more attacking, better ball playing or faster options in Walkz, Shoe, and Bull, all having a case for selection in the 13. At the very least he has to Expand his game. But a change of position could benefit all.

DCE. The captain. On the field he didn't have a great 21. The knives where out against him personally, given some of his performances when the team started bad in 21. Whilst his captaincy in steering the team around got praise. Expect Swords, fires, and guillotines to be out after his head if the team start 22 remotely like 21.

Walkz. No longer starting the game. No longer considered an outside back where he won a gf and played origin, when younger. Has bulked up to play in the forwards, and his leg speed appears to have suffered. He is aging, but the type of player who might get even better if his footy brain is what gets quicker as his legs slow. If truly playing for a contract, on a 1 year deal, I only see boom or bust in 22 with Walkz. I just hope he has learnt a thing or 3 from Foz in 21, on how a Senior player can embrace and enjoy such a challenge and be the better for it.

Foz. At the start of 21 he was old, slow and past it with a broken body that couldn't handle NRL. And in 21 the body held on. Defensively he improved through out the year. He was really our half back and steered us around the park. He was slow, but had the young, energetic and speedy Shoe beside him, and Garrick out wide scoring 1 million trys. Will the body hold up again and or will it need a bit more rest and recovery? Or does the Shoe some weeks just need to spend some time at 6 for his development?

Turbo. Best player in the world in 21. Single handedly dragged Manly upto top 4. History says he can't individually have such a year again. If team are going well he can add the polish and get the team glory. But if the team aren't performing, the pressure on this guy will simply be too much.

Tom is under pressure after last years stellar heights and has to step up even further in the big end of year finals. He found lurv off the field last year and it seemed to show on the field.
It would seem that Jake is now similarly attached too and it will be interesting to see if that has an positive affect on his on-field performances.
Psychology matters

Jake. Our Star Forward Rep. But Freddy got way more out of him at Prop at origin then DES did at 13 at club! At origin he was like a forward leader showing the way forward. With such big match experience, he isn't really that calm head on field. Is the speed of the game hampering him at 13, he is no longer a running threat. It years since I can recall Jake running at a hole.
The writing may be on the wall, that DES transitioned him out to prop for a 1/4 of the game most weeks in 21, and with more attacking, better ball playing or faster options in Walkz, Shoe, and Bull, all having a case for selection in the 13. At the very least he has to Expand his game. But a change of position could benefit all.

DCE. The captain. On the field he didn't have a great 21. The knives where out against him personally, given some of his performances when the team started bad in 21. Whilst his captaincy in steering the team around got praise. Expect Swords, fires, and guillotines to be out after his head if the team start 22 remotely like 21.

Walkz. No longer starting the game. No longer considered an outside back where he won a gf and played origin, when younger. Has bulked up to play in the forwards, and his leg speed appears to have suffered. He is aging, but the type of player who might get even better if his footy brain is what gets quicker as his legs slow. If truly playing for a contract, on a 1 year deal, I only see boom or bust in 22 with Walkz. I just hope he has learnt a thing or 3 from Foz in 21, on how a Senior player can embrace and enjoy such a challenge and be the better for it.

Foz. At the start of 21 he was old, slow and past it with a broken body that couldn't handle NRL. And in 21 the body held on. Defensively he improved through out the year. He was really our half back and steered us around the park. He was slow, but had the young, energetic and speedy Shoe beside him, and Garrick out wide scoring 1 million trys. Will the body hold up again and or will it need a bit more rest and recovery? Or does the Shoe some weeks just need to spend some time at 6 for his development?

Turbo. Best player in the world in 21. Single handedly dragged Manly upto top 4. History says he can't individually have such a year again. If team are going well he can add the polish and get the team glory. But if the team aren't performing, the pressure on this guy will simply be too much.
The way I see it, it's all going to depend on us dominating in the forwards. If this happens, and it's a good chance we will, Tom will be twice as dangerous, (if this is at all possible), than last year.

Agreed re Jake. Needs a big year, either needs a positional change or to play less minutes to get more out of him while he is on the field!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2