what 5 Manly players under pressure to perform 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
What 5 players are in the most danger to hold their place in 2022 ?
It's healthy to have EVERY player in danger of the chop board, especially with talent in the wings, but in reality Turbo, Jake and DCE are picked before the 17 is picked and every team has 4-5 players who are auto picks.
There is a stack of quality in the squad and a heap of youngsters who are waiting to swoop.
My players who need be looking over the shoulders are -

Croker - Very improved and had a solid 2021 - in 2022 we neep more zip in the ruck and Croker is hopefully up to it
Aloiai - Started 2021 strongly, but seemed off pace and a little dissapointing overall, especially in the finals.
Harper - Had so many bright moments, but when off was like a prawn in the sun, test will be in big games
Kapow - Many will argue, but I rate him a Powerhouse leader and has played nowhere near his fearsome best in 2021 imo
Parker - Problem for Parks is he gives 100% and maybe has no improvement to give, Koula and others are ready to pounce

Depends on your definition of under pressure..

For mine croker and parker are under no pressure .. both now perform to the best of their abilities, though croker has improvement to be expected with more experience.

The only way to improve those 2 positions is to buy 2 players for twice the price

Kapow couldn't lead a conga line .. but I'm hopeful he can follow keppie ..

Aloaia Shipley and boyle are the 3 I think can and need to perform at a higher level

And Saab needs to learn how to tackle ..

Foz, not because of poor performance but I don't see Schuster playing backrow forever and we have more depth at backrow than any other position.

Harper/Parker, Des will pick them to start but if Koala gets his shot through injury/suspension they may not get back in.

Lawton, if Croker can show he is capable of 80 he will be the first to drop off the bench

One from left field, Turbo. Obviously no pressure on his spot but the pressure of being the best player in the comp is real. Expectations will be high. If he can turn the pressure into motivation and improve on a near perfect 2021 it will be something that will be talked about for decades.

What 5 players are in the most danger to hold their place in 2022 ?
It's healthy to have EVERY player in danger of the chop board, especially with talent in the wings, but in reality Turbo, Jake and DCE are picked before the 17 is picked and every team has 4-5 players who are auto picks.
There is a stack of quality in the squad and a heap of youngsters who are waiting to swoop.
My players who need be looking over the shoulders are -

Croker - Very improved and had a solid 2021 - in 2022 we neep more zip in the ruck and Croker is hopefully up to it
Aloiai - Started 2021 strongly, but seemed off pace and a little dissapointing overall, especially in the finals.
Harper - Had so many bright moments, but when off was like a prawn in the sun, test will be in big games
Kapow - Many will argue, but I rate him a Powerhouse leader and has played nowhere near his fearsome best in 2021 imo
Parker - Problem for Parks is he gives 100% and maybe has no improvement to give, Koula and others are ready to pounce
Great thread topic, should get a variety of responses.

Hogs the ball, doesn't know what a decoy line is and he's kryptonite to our edge defence. He is a bigger attacking threat but his deficiencies outweigh that.
We haven't seen him play his best position (right centre) for nearly 3 seasons. I would like to see him play there again & then determine if your criticisms are valid. Other players in the team have improved their games in the last three seasons, so it is possible that Walker has also. Btw, I don't think he hogs the ball. In the past, he was quite adept at setting up tries for others.

We haven't seen him play his best position (right centre) for nearly 3 seasons. I would like to see him play there again & then determine if your criticisms are valid. Other players in the team have improved their games in the last three seasons, so it is possible that Walker has also. Btw, I don't think he hogs the ball. In the past, he was quite adept at setting up tries for others.
If he had stayed at centre, not been injured and improved his defensive reads on an edge he would probably be a very good centre but he has been shuffled around so much since he joined us that he is now more valuable as a utility. Covers the entire backline in case of injury and showed last year he is capable of adding value through the middle. I get why people want to see if he still has it as a centre but I doubt we see him anywhere but 14 in a full strength team.

Depends on your definition of under pressure..

For mine croker and parker are under no pressure .. both now perform to the best of their abilities, though croker has improvement to be expected with more experience.

The only way to improve those 2 positions is to buy 2 players for twice the price

Kapow couldn't lead a conga line .. but I'm hopeful he can follow keppie ..

Aloaia Shipley and boyle are the 3 I think can and need to perform at a higher level

And Saab needs to learn how to tackle ..
Agree. I dont think guys that are playing to/close to their ceiling are under pressure at all.
I say Paseka, he is due to step up and finally become a genuine top NRL prop.
Schuster, has all the skills but another year like last year and people will really start to question him.
DCE always has pressure with his price tag.
Aloiai, needs to be a forward leader.
Even Taupau is relatively free from pressure as this will be his last year regardless, more playing for a big contract elsewhere.

Lawton, Sipley, and Aloiai - I think they are the most likely to be threatened by the arrival of Bullemor.
Foran - needs to keep performing because of the presence of Schuster
Harper needs to start the year well.

Having said that, I agree with the original post, we only have 3 absolute certainties.

Lawton, Sipley, and Aloiai - I think they are the most likely to be threatened by the arrival of Bullemor.

Having said that, I agree with the original post, we only have 3 absolute certainties.
I’ve read all the responses and this one would be how I’d go too.

And there’s only 3 guaranteed , but Des is Des so you could almost say about 15 are guaranteed.

To me Harper is under the most pressure, followed by Josh A ( not Josh S).

I agree with this breakdown.

It’s crazy to think that at the start of last year Haumole, Schu, Harper, Lawton, and Sipley weren’t even featuring. By year end they were in the top 17.

I hope we see a couple of fresh faces crack the team again, it’ll be great for competition. My tips are Bullemor and Koula.

1. Lawton - I have Bullemore taking his bench spot from round four.
2. Foran - Schuster could take Foran's five eight spot at some stage this season. Foran doesn't have the versatility to move into a bench spot, so could also find himself out of the seventeen by seasons end.
3. Parker/Harper - By the end of the season they could be potentially competing for one centre spot.
4. Aloia - Will have to improve his consistency and discipline to be guaranteed a permanent spot in the seventeen this year.
5. Schuster - Davey to put pressure on Schusters backrow spot, and simultaneously Aloiais bench spot. (Schuster in no danger of dropping out of the seventeen though)

By seasons end (depending on performances, injuries) we could see a bench of Walker, Davey, Bullemore and Taupau, with Lawton, Aloiai and Sipley all not making our best seventeen.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6