Well done bones, you get my vote for supporter of the year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jonesyv2 said:
It really is a tough thing to do, it basically dictates your social life / work on the weekends for the entire Season, until you try it you really don't realise just how hard it is.

After last year i don't plan on doing it again for a while (missed 3 this year) i also did it in 2008 minus the WCC (technically 2009?).

2010 was 100% more fun though as i had met all the MWTS in 2009/back end of 2008 where as in the beginning it was just me and my mate monti who went to QLD / Melb games... knowing everyone who a great majority of are at all games is great fun.

On the weekend Bones was Showing me a photo he had on GF day 2008 with Jono and he didn't even know him when it was taken. I also remember i was sitting infront of Cambo and Spook at the 08 grandfinal had never know them before now i see them everytime im in QLD lol.

This is VERY much what the MWTS are all about...it has brought together a whole bunch of passionate fans who now play together, sit together, cheer together and travel together....and as new people join they realise how much better it makes the game experience.

I agree it's not for all BUT most love it!!

• 👍
Reactions: ads
BOZO said:
Good on you Bones you are the ultimate true supporter!

I couldn't make it to all the games but I've seen them all on tv. Sometimes I even replay the good bits a few times! Can I get an award as a second-class supporter ? :)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
BOZO said:

I couldn't make it to all the games but I've seen them all on tv. Sometimes I even replay the good bits a few times! Can I get an award as a second-class supporter ? :)

There are no second class supporters on this forum as we all seem to be wearing our heart on our sleeve , but we have to take off our hat to Bones effort.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
BOZO said:

As long as we cheer for Manly mate , then we are all ultimate true supporters.

Agree, that "true supporter" bull**** should be sent to the bin...if you support Manly you support Manly.

But I do wish those that do, but only come out when we are playing in the GF, would be more involved in the inbetween times.

Just imagine how powerful we'd be with a membership of 20,000 or 30,000 (yes I know we don't have that many seats....BUT even if they took the most basic membership as a show of support).

Oh well aint gunna happen I suppose

bones said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
BOZO said:

A great sentiment :)
As someone who can't make it all the time it is quite special for me to be at the ground, and when I can't make it I'm grateful for those who have made the efort to get out there and make a noise for our team, on behalf of the rest of us. Tremendous effort by Bones, and everyone who's turned up this year.

Hey bones there's a Media Managers job going at the club. You should apply for it. You're gonna be there anyway!

What, too soon?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
bones said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
BOZO said:

A great sentiment :)
As someone who can't make it all the time it is quite special for me to be at the ground, and when I can't make it I'm grateful for those who have made the efort to get out there and make a noise for our team, on behalf of the rest of us. Tremendous effort by Bones, and everyone who's turned up this year.

To be honest there's a heap of people that do this, most of whom don;t post on here.....not everyone makes every single game but gee there's a heap that go to most away games.

Mybluedog (who does post on here) misses very very few games...I think he may have missed the Goldie but that might be the only one.

Not everyone can afford to do the things Bones does...if you are single, don't have a mortgage, no family (as in kids) it's possible but the average punter might only be able to make one big away game of the year.

But not to worry that's just as good an effort!!

I know Bones has had a ball this year, but I imagine he's had some pretty severe hangovers as well!!

Well done to Bones...every game is a huge effort!! Ive only been on 1 away trip this season to Scumville in Round 1, here's hoping that in 2012 there's a NZ trip and a Goldy game cause the missus has already told me we'll go to both!

I have been reliably informed that we WILL be playing in NZ in 2012.

As to the Goldie...fingers crossed...and if we do figers crossed it's not a Monday like this year!!

Sadly I don't get the draw any sooner than you guys do, because if I did I'd be telling you right now!!

Love it when the Missus agree's

Bones and Jonesy, I bet the fact that the NRL don't release the full schedule ahead of time makes those feats even more difficult. Kudos.

Yes think of the fact that that in some cases it's only 2 or 3 weeks notice, and airfares by that stage can be pretty high.

I don't know if we'll ever get the "holy grail" (from a MWTS perspective) but jeez how much easier (and cheaper) would it be if we could!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
As to the Goldie...fingers crossed...and if we do fingers crossed it's not a Monday like this year!!

Exactly Mark. We had been planning all year to go down to that game but then they decided to put it on a bloody Monday night which put going to the game way out of reach.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6