Welcome Anthony Seibold... and good luck

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seibold is going to change things up for us. He might not bring us instantaneous success, but he will make some pretty substantial changes to the style of football we have been playing. It will be interesting to see what changes he makes to our defensive structures, and whether he has the capacity to bring some new players into the club. This is definitely last chance saloon for his NRL head coach aspirations, so I don't believe he will die wondering with some of his selections. Interesting times ahead.

I watch various nth american sports and coaches get sacked all the time.

So welcome coach Seibold. Hopefully you have enough time to get things in order and in place before the start of the season.

I'm sure court cases will come around but w/e, anyone is allowed to try and sue anyone.

Seibold has been here before so he's not a total newbie.

Nice to get things sorted either way.

The War amongst us is over

Now we can focus on the war on the opposition clubs

Looking forward to some new artillery signings to fire us up
Lol the war inside manly has only just begun

Infact Penn’s developments has only added a lot of fuel to the fire

Further, what sane player would want to sign with us now??

That is a literal bonkers take all round

Ok. Its done.

Im not at all happy about it but Our club is not one man nor is one man our club. I have and still believe Des should have been given a chance to turn the ship around Ala 2021 but that's not to be.

Seibold? Let's all be honest. when he was at south he went well with a good roster. To get Dally M coach of the year you must have some talent.

I almost think he was doomed by his ambition in moving to the Broncos so quickly and I'm sure he would probably agree looking back in hindsight. The Broncos had a load of young talent but very little leadership and being a one team town put him right in the crosshairs which is where it fell over IMHO.

There was so much joy and ridicule on here when Seibold was burning but I wonder if that was more our hatred of the Broncos more than the man?

I as Mr Optimistic I am prepared to give the Guy a fair crack. Unfortunately, he will have to hit the ground running because if results are poor to start 2023 then the pressure will multiply quick smart and once the rot sets in it could be very hard to counter.

At least he's done a year here under Toovey so he has some idea on how the place operates.

The biggest takeaway I'm hoping for is Seibold Souths not Seibold Donkeys. We have a good roster. yes some spots are light but unlike the Donkeys we have the Turbos, DCE, and some really decent players that know how to win.

In the end des as much as I love him caused his own downfall in the last few weeks. We had a bad 2022 and he should have said **** it. lets not worry about the contract extension and all the other ****. lets make sure 23 is a great year and go from there.

I'm happy to give the bloke a go.
Lets see how the team performs in 2023, before putting the boot in.
Maybe we needed a change, I mean the place has felt stale for a while and I personally like Des and what he has done at Manly in the past, but we seemed off the pace in gameplan and playing personel and from my take, Des had control of both these key area's.
We may all be pleasantly suprised in what 2023 brings, so I'm a fair way off the doomsdayer calls without a ball being kicked.
This

Ok. Its done.

Im not at all happy about it but Our club is not one man nor is one man our club. I have and still believe Des should have been given a chance to turn the ship around Ala 2021 but that's not to be.

Seibold? Let's all be honest. when he was at south he went well with a good roster. To get Dally M coach of the year you must have some talent.

I almost think he was doomed by his ambition in moving to the Broncos so quickly and I'm sure he would probably agree looking back in hindsight. The Broncos had a load of young talent but very little leadership and being a one team town put him right in the crosshairs which is where it fell over IMHO.

There was so much joy and ridicule on here when Seibold was burning but I wonder if that was more our hatred of the Broncos more than the man?

I as Mr Optimistic I am prepared to give the Guy a fair crack. Unfortunately, he will have to hit the ground running because if results are poor to start 2023 then the pressure will multiply quick smart and once the rot sets in it could be very hard to counter.

At least he's done a year here under Toovey so he has some idea on how the place operates.

The biggest takeaway I'm hoping for is Seibold Souths not Seibold Donkeys. We have a good roster. yes some spots are light but unlike the Donkeys we have the Turbos, DCE, and some really decent players that know how to win.

In the end des as much as I love him caused his own downfall in the last few weeks. We had a bad 2022 and he should have said ** it. lets not worry about the contract extension and all the other **. lets make sure 23 is a great year and go from there.
I thought he was Barrett’s assistant.

The only way to Win the Manly people over is to win games for Manly

Anthony knows the drill :)

Last edited:
We needed a change in direction. Des seemed to be constantly playing catch up over the last couple of years and took a long time to get to grips with rule changes and the consequent differences this meant to the way the game was played and the type of player needed. Maybe it was a lack of good assistants or his control freak nature but whatever it was, things weren't working and a change had to come

Welcome to the greatest club of all. We have a centre of excellence, some left over garden furniture and an owner who will leave you be so you can do your job (surely one little white lie doesn't hurt)...oh, and some pretty passionate fans who miss success!
Best of luck with the draw, weather, covid, injuries, coloured jerseys and all those pesky things that can derail a well planned season.
Please don't let us down - 2011 was too long ago and we need some great new memories to join our team's past glories.
Go Manly!

Dear Mr Seibold,

Welcome back to our club.
We hope you have a most successful stay here. A few words of advice:

Don't get Manly people as your assistants, fitness, or recruitment people. There are too many agendas at the club and it's possible you'll accidentally takes sides where you didn't know there were sides.

In that vein, don't tread on anyone's toes. The best way to do this is to stay in your office except when you're at games or on the training field. If the powers that be come near you in these circumstances, take a step back. If they keep advancing, run. Anything to avoid stepping on toes.

We have a Centre of Excellence. Don't laugh when they show it to you.

Keep Tom Trbojoevic healthy. He's the No.1 and will win games for you if you can't think of anything else. You might think this is easy but it is not. Moving in with him may avoid some of the injuries (don't let him go to the bathroom on his own), as would handcuffing yourself to him so he doesn't just launch into a sprint on the Corso. What happens to him on the field though is your biggest problem here. You may have to think about an on field sub, like a runner in cricket so he doesn't have to stretch his legs too much. And you might think about a Do Not Tackle sign around his neck.

Speaking of necks. Your captain is DCE. Good luck with that.

You've also got a bit of a hotbed of religious fervour about so maybe don't mention God. No 'oh my God', 'what in God's name did you think you were doing' or even 'Jesus ****ing Christ' is not a good idea.

Don't waste your time introducing yourself to the CEO. His name is Tony Mestrov this week but it will be something else next week. And the week after and the week after that.

Win games. Win all the games.

Repeat after me .... 'yes Mr Penn! No Mr Penn! Three bags full Mr Penn!!'

That'll do you for now.

Off you trot then.

Yours in dedication until it all goes wrong,
Budgie

Dear Mr Seibold,

Welcome back to our club.
We hope you have a most successful stay here. A few words of advice:

Don't get Manly people as your assistants, fitness, or recruitment people. There are too many agendas at the club and it's possible you'll accidentally takes sides where you didn't know there were sides.

In that vein, don't tread on anyone's toes. The best way to do this is to stay in your office except when you're at games or on the training field. If the powers that be come near you in these circumstances, take a step back. If they keep advancing, run. Anything to avoid stepping on toes.

We have a Centre of Excellence. Don't laugh when they show it to you.

Keep Tom Trbojoevic healthy. He's the No.1 and will win games for you if you can't think of anything else. You might think this is easy but it is not. Moving in with him may avoid some of the injuries (don't let him go to the bathroom on his own), as would handcuffing yourself to him so he doesn't just launch into a sprint on the Corso. What happens to him on the field though is your biggest problem here. You may have to think about an on field sub, like a runner in cricket so he doesn't have to stretch his legs too much. And you might think about a Do Not Tackle sign around his neck.

Speaking of necks. Your captain is DCE. Good luck with that.

You've also got a bit of a hotbed of religious fervour about so maybe don't mention God. No 'oh my God', 'what in God's name did you think you were doing' or even 'Jesus ****ing Christ' is not a good idea.

Don't waste your time introducing yourself to the CEO. His name is Tony Mestrov this week but it will be something else next week. And the week after and the week after that.

Win games. Win all the games.

Repeat after me .... 'yes Mr Penn! No Mr Penn! Three bags full Mr Penn!!'

That'll do you for now.

Off you trot then.

Yours in dedication until it all goes wrong,
Budgie

Budgie ... deep breaths ... it's gonna be OK ...

Do you reckon the dopey ****s will even bother announcing who the new coach is?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8