Weekes - need's Blacktown ASAP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought one positive from today was kaeo Weekes. He gave away a dumb penalty that led to a try but apart from that was good playing out of position. Would have been a better option at 6 than Cooper ( catch and pass ) johns. Need to see him get more minutes from now on
If Jake doesn't get involved In the tackle last minute. Kaeo gets that strip cleanly. He was already in the motion of stripping before jakey comes in, only then when he realised two people are in he drops it to try and play it off as a non strip. Seconds in it. Jakey should of held off a just a tad longer and we'd be praising weekes

What a waste - Should have been on for eighty minutes either centre or five eighth -IMO the most exciting young back in the Club. Going to end up like Gutho and Nicho - starring for another club. Seibold crazy picking Harper and Johns above him. Watched him at schoolboy rugby and lower grades and was a class above. So disappointing as a supporter to see him confined to 15 mins per match as a dummy half.

Watched presser fmd ...they way seibold sees kid. Did his job that's why Croker come back on he got us back in lead.
Croker missed 9 tackles today

Was thinking we might have seen him as a starting centre today. As a fullback or 5/8 coming through the juniors, maybe there are some questions about his defence on the edge.

In regard to Harper, while I love his energy and enthusiasm, I am not sold that his defence is up to NRL standard. He will, at times make a great play, but I am just not sure that things don't go the other way five times out of ten. In other words, I just don't have confidence in his ability.
*This is not something that I am just noticing today but have felt this way since he first started making FG.

Tuipolotu, after his jamming in, we should have used his leg injury as an excuse to not see him return. Not sure why, but it is something that has noticeably crept into his game more and more this year.

Last edited:
I would honestly try to offload DCE to any club that would take him and offer Weekes the halfback spot next year. It’s time we came to terms with the fact we aren’t winning another comp with DCE so why not try a fresh start? Can’t really say we would miss DCE’s leadership and organisation because that’s been non existent for years now anyway

I would honestly try to offload DCE to any club that would take him and offer Weekes the halfback spot next year. It’s time we came to terms with the fact we aren’t winning another comp with DCE so why not try a fresh start? Can’t really say we would miss DCE’s leadership and organisation because that’s been non existent for years now anyway
Give Wayne a call asap.

Agree - not that it will happen.

This was his breakout game for me, I'll be honest before I didn't really get the hype because he didn't stand out in any FG games yet but yesterday's game proved his quality. A star in the making.

The thing I take out of the Knights game is, despite many of us wanting to see him in the centres (myself included) Seibs doesnt see it like that and I doubt it happens anytime soon.

He had the chance to play him there and opted for Harper.

When Tui got injured he had the chance to move him there and chose Burbo.

When Burbo got injured he had a chance to try him there and he brought an injured Tui back on.

If he didn't play centres in that game he wont be unless things are dire

Not sure he has the build to play centres, I think he is mainly on the bench for spine cover (FB, 5/8, Half, Hooker). Cooper Johns didn't offer much on the weekend I was hoping Seibold would have dragged him and given Weekes a go in the halfs

Not sure he has the build to play centres, I think he is mainly on the bench for spine cover (FB, 5/8, Half, Hooker). Cooper Johns didn't offer much on the weekend I was hoping Seibold would have dragged him and given Weekes a go in the halfs
Maybe he was worried about Cooper's dad ripping him a new one on his show last night.......

Could be Sieb's wants him as an impact player only, coming off the bench, would explain why he's not in the starting side.
Yep that was my thought too. Later in the year we may have Gordie but for now Weekes gives us an attacking threat when the opposition middles are tiring. If we didn't have Schu locked in as 1st choice 5/8 and if Johns hadn't done a good job previously at 6, then might have been different.

As for putting him at centre or wing - he's pretty light plus I doubt he has much experience there nor has trained there much. So it would be an awful big ask to put him there.

Having him at 14 is great for us right now, his try was vital for us getting a point v Knights.

He is taller and heavier than Koula - Weekes 182 cm 90 kg Koula 180 cm 88 kg

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4