We miss out again on Stadium handout

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Easy, safe Liberal seats don’t get big handouts but marginal ones do.

Ayres will find a way to give them more money, their car park will need to be upgraded too.

Easy, safe Liberal seats don’t get big handouts but marginal ones do.

Ayres will find a way to give them more money, their car park will need to be upgraded too.
Isn't Brookie in Zali's electorate?
Perhaps the Government's pitch to voters will be: elect a Lib and Brookie will get an erection it deserves.

Telegraph article says govt is still planning to allocate money to Brookvale, but perhaps the point of the SMH article was that Penrith will be first with an overhaul...https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/penrith-kogarah-and-brookvale-stadiums-to-get-boost-in-2021-nsw-budget/news-story/28bd2f9e7e12b4ed03dcc7557b0d571a

The monies are only for studies etc at this stage.

Either way, the club and Council need a Plan B. A good and inexpensive starting point would be to replace the remaining wooden seating. It’s pathetic that in this day and age we still have them.

The original bucket seats in the stands were financed by the LC for a whopping $98k back in 1981/82. For approximately double that amount the benches around the perimeter could have been replaced back then, thus eligible for replacement in 2009, when the last wholesale reseating took place.

Rethink the hill. It looks like it could be around for awhile longer, so move the kiosk off the hill (stick it downslope on the other side) and build a concrete path atop the hill. That way they can probably do away with the local plods’ overkill - those clearways which reduce the ground’s capacity.

There are plenty of options they could follow, without holding out for a Big Bang payday from the government.

Telegraph article says govt is still planning to allocate money to Brookvale, but perhaps the point of the SMH article was that Penrith will be first with an overhaul...https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/penrith-kogarah-and-brookvale-stadiums-to-get-boost-in-2021-nsw-budget/news-story/28bd2f9e7e12b4ed03dcc7557b0d571a
Yes. Not sure why the sky is falling. It is the same announcement as last year, just being trotted out pre-state budget.

Still will always be the spiritual home of the Sea Eagles but thought that one of the previous intentions in the current Brookie [ or 4 pines ] upgrades was to allow the ground or stadium to be used as a multi purpose facility .Surely that concept should automatically attract some appropriate funding on any present allocation criteria . Understandable that politics will always have some bearing with government grants but going to be hard to justify blatant pork barreling with these designated sporting funds just in some marginal seat location .

I know I will get howled down .... (numbnuts are every where) ... but I hope we are given money to "improve" Brookie rather than money to knockdown and rebuild ....

Much prefer a Brookie with patch-work character and history .... to a carbon copy soul-less Gov't design Stadii .....

I know I will get howled down .... (numbnuts are every where) ... but I hope we are given money to "improve" Brookie rather than money to knockdown and rebuild ....

Much prefer a Brookie with patch-work character and history .... to a carbon copy soul-less Gov't design Stadii .....
"howl"

lol

bye bye hill and hello decent stadium!

woot

I'm envisaging the sign on the re-build: Patch-work construction in progress.
I like it.

Why not, it's already looking like a lego effort with bits and pieces all over the place haha
1623980566137.png

We are set to miss again on extra funding for stadium upgrade with Penrith getting first bite of the left over Stadium Australia money from cancelled Homebush upgrade

Panthers set to get brand new stadium as early as 2025

P.s not sure if I have posted this correctly?
Manly does not need a brand new stadium. Just a new stand with good corporate facilities for the eastern hill and extend existing stands down to fence level.

I love the hill, it’s where I always am. BUT from a financial point the club needs a proper stadium with seating. In the rain the hill has barely any people on it, at least with a grandstand and some decent cover you will get extra numbers in attendance.
As a purist I’ll be sad to see the hull go, but we need to move with the times and not be left behind while other clubs get world class stadiums.

WTF is going on, I’m not a Northern Beaches resident, but haven’t the last 2 NSW Premiers and a recent PM come from the Northern Beaches.

Why isn’t the area getting some love from the NSW Treasury and a few dollars for Brookie?
The CoE and associated stand is budgeted at $33.1m to build, the vast bulk of that money from the state govt.
That is not exactly small change.

All I will say is ask Brad hazzard he is the member who is responsible for the northern beaches funding of Brookvale it’s in his seat of wakehurst.

he has been in long enough yet still has got nothing for Brookvale oval

... but when players are injured they now have a bright, new hospital nearby in which to get treatment.
At what cost to The community has better hospital but not better for the northern beaches.

Anyway let's stick away from politics.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4