We hit Rock Bottom

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hey Bozo can you quit the self indulgent selfies of yourself on your posts? They will make you the next mascot if you keep it up.

I dunno. I wouldn't mind ' @BOZO the mascot' - just because I'd hope he would drag out a few DH opposition supporters and towel them up (with a hug afterwards)

Bozo and... Gritty.

You know it makes sense!

Gritty_break_internet_FULL.jpg

Hey Bozo can you quit the self indulgent selfies of yourself on your posts? They will make you the next mascot if you keep it up.
Bozo is a bit of a Heath Robinson type. He has built a contraption that sits atop his head like a skullcap and has mirrors fitted on outriggers, so whichever way he turns he can check himself out.

I’m not saying League is dead on the beaches @Harry Smith just it needs more focus from the NRL as it’s loosing to the other codes. We need to embrace the whole area north of the bridge. Our players should be visiting schools around the northern suburbs and north shore, even into Ryde and around Epping. There should be more interest in those areas as much as the beaches. We need to stop thinking with such small minds about how big our area is. League has a chance to be big this side of the bridge again. All the north’s supporters left should have had kids themselves now they are the kids we should be targeting. Give money to local schools to run clinics, have league played as a sport or at least get touch football being played.
Some of us have been saying that for years, but you come up against the hard shoulder of an under-resourced organisation - one that doesn’t look like changing anytime soon.

Last edited:
Some of us have been saying that for years, but you come against the hard shoulder of an under-resourced organisation - one that doedn’t look like changing anytime soon.

Ryde used to be Tigers country. Holy Cross was a feeder school. At least it was a million years ago when I played.

Kids these days don’t really care about their local NRL team if they aren’t winners. You’ll probably find most kids support the Roosters or Storm because kids are taught to be weak front runners with no resilience. Unless the parents brainwash them from an early age like I did (mine were members from birth and have always had a jersey handy and even though they don’t care for the game, they know Manly is their local team and therefore their team.)

I think @Lyonstomenzies points are really valid. AFL is pouring so much money into what they see as a war while the NRL looks back at 1908 and thinks all will be hunky dory. You only need to look at the number of grounds that have AFL goal posts now, not rugby. And the northern area of Sydney is vital.
Well done to those who've indoctrinated their kids with our Silvertails fervour but, with all due respect, you are a small sample size.
And it's true, many supporters live out of the area and it can be such a bastard to get to and from, particularly with the avalanche of night games. This, and a losing culture, does huge damage to our crowd sizes.
Rugby League in general is in a battle right now. It just appears that no one has told them.

Love the idea of it, but I really don’t think it is viable for me to have more children. My 3 are all members and basically rusted on. Other silvertails will need to take on the responsibility.
Glad to. But sadly, now separated. Will have to put on hold :happy:

I’d suggest most of us have pretty much the same opinion.

I’d almost guarantee you that if Brookvale isn’t fixed by the start of the next TV deal the licence for the club will only be renewed if they agree to play out of either the SFS or Gosford.
They should start playing some games at Gosford now and commence the expansion, rather than playing home games at Suncorp and Christchurch.
Maybe if we play more home games at Gosford, the Council may pull their finger out of their collective backsides and ugrade Brookie as they will be losing revenue to Gosford
The SFS should never be an option

They should start playing some games at Gosford now and commence the expansion, rather than playing home games at Suncorp and Christchurch.
Maybe if we play more home games at Gosford, the Council may pull their finger out of their collective backsides and ugrade Brookie as they will be losing revenue to Gosford

The constitution means they must play at least 10 home games at Brooky while it is the home ground, they can't change thatwithout a majority of 75% or something like that of the football club.

Forget Gosford; that area offers us nothing. Christchurch is our future.
1. It has the best rugby union footballers in the world, many of whom would be stars in RL.
2. It has an untapped potential to attract RL supporters from the south island of NZ to Manly, including sponsorship.
3. Having a link with an international region would make Manly the most innovative, and potentially most powerful, club in the NRL.

New and cashed ups have moved into the Northern Beaches and have no desire to watch League or support it. I would gather that most fans (and on here) don't even live on the Peninsula. I am one of many, nearly 50 and with family and don't go anymore. Coming from Wollongong the 2 hour each way plus and the costs are probably stopping long term fans like me. Now, going to the footy isn't a priority anymore. I used to catch a train and bus/ferry to Brookie from 15 years of age. I have been to so many games but cannot justify the day off anymore to regularly attend.

If the kids don't support it, we are doomed.
I have a 15 year old son. We live in Camden. My son is absolutely passionate about Manly. We get to as many games as we can. He also plays league in the local comp here and a few of his mates support Manly as well.

The club has hit rock bottom and is now starting the long climb back. Never in my memory has one club been subjected to more adverse attention from the NRL and the press for so long. Appointing Des is the start and I'm looking forward to our reemergence.

I have a 15 year old son. We live in Camden. My son is absolutely passionate about Manly. We get to as many games as we can. He also plays league in the local comp here and a few of his mates support Manly as well.
A couple of years ago Daikin sponsored an event in Campbelltown which my ex wife and my son attended. A few of the Manly players were out there including Darcy Lussick and DCE. As you can imagine, there weren't huge queues of kids wanting autographs so my son got to have a bit of a chat (he was about 5 at the time). DCE is still my son's favourite player and this little thing solidified his support of Manly (he was pretty heavily indoctrinated from birth - soon after he learnt to talk, I used to get him to name all the Manly players on the 2011 Telegraph team poster).

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2