We hit Rock Bottom

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
Over the last year I have never felt so anxious about being a Sea Eagle. We saw our once great club fall apart at the seems.

The crowds at Brookvale are atrocious and something will need to be done to get them back. The contestant talk about upgrades to Brookie are at the point where enough is enough. We all know the agenda of the NRL is to have us gone but it would be a stupid move.

When I grew up all the kids at school talked league. I went to a school that played Rugby but we all talked and played both.

Most of my mates don’t watch anymore and some have turned to AFL. The NRL is loosing the battle with AFL and it thinks that the only battle ground is the Western suburbs. If they continue to ignore the plight of the north it will spread to the north west also.

The numbers of juniors whom play the game north of the bridge are also something that needs to be addressed. Junior development needs to be addressed ASAP as son whom is 9 has no mates at his school whom wish to play or even follow the game.

Over the last 15 years the only thing that was holding onto any respectability was the fact that Manly was successful and that was it. Now we are not successful I fear for the club.

Relocation is something that we should all be very worried about as we have a very low member rate and a terrible junior base.

I think Bozo was brought in a few years ago to try and address these issues but it was too much for him.

The Penns are out of their depth and I think they have finally realised that we could be extinct if we don’t do something.

I know a lot of people on here tend to think that they have an agenda themselves but I disagree. I think they just are constant fighting the NRL whom want us gone. Anyone ever involved in a corporate fight knows how much it can take out of your sails.

The football deparment seems to be the thing that gets overlooked in all the battles we have with the NRL.

The time is now if we are ever going to survive as a club to turn the ledger in our favour, results on the field will lead to more tv time, more sponsors, more fans, more money.

It seems like Gorman is listeneing and might be what we have needed over the last few years but always failed to achieve.

Hopefully Toovey, Jason King and Steve Menzies whom all have university degrees in areas we need to be better are contacted and asked to help. All are locals all are local juniors and all are ex manly captains. They all still have passion for the club.

If Des is brought back he would be the first piece of the puzzle to helping us out of our dire situation. But as we know results on the field are not enough.

Go Manly

I’d suggest most of us have pretty much the same opinion.

I’d almost guarantee you that if Brookvale isn’t fixed by the start of the next TV deal the licence for the club will only be renewed if they agree to play out of either the SFS or Gosford.

New and cashed ups have moved into the Northern Beaches and have no desire to watch League or support it. I would gather that most fans (and on here) don't even live on the Peninsula. I am one of many, nearly 50 and with family and don't go anymore. Coming from Wollongong the 2 hour each way plus and the costs are probably stopping long term fans like me. Now, going to the footy isn't a priority anymore. I used to catch a train and bus/ferry to Brookie from 15 years of age. I have been to so many games but cannot justify the day off anymore to regularly attend.

If the kids don't support it, we are doomed.

I’m so optimistic it’s not funny. Hasler is the right man for the job. The club is not in the best shape. But it’s in way better shape than the end of 2003 when Des took over.

You know one thing about Des and it sounds like he has done it again if the 700k is correct. He backs himself he signs on at a lower price to get the support staff he wants gets the results then asks for more money. Barrett could learn something from that.

We are on the road back Friends my only wish is Des can find a spot for tooves on his staff.
#makemanlygreatagain
#hasler2019

New and cashed ups have moved into the Northern Beaches and have no desire to watch League or support it. I would gather that most fans (and on here) don't even live on the Peninsula. I am one of many, nearly 50 and with family and don't go anymore. Coming from Wollongong the 2 hour each way plus and the costs are probably stopping long term fans like me. Now, going to the footy isn't a priority anymore. I used to catch a train and bus/ferry to Brookie from 15 years of age. I have been to so many games but cannot justify the day off anymore to regularly attend.

If the kids don't support it, we are doomed.
As a teacher I can tell you most kids on the beaches love Manly and look up to Tommy Turbo and DCE.
Most teams will have poor crowds during a losing season. Nothing new.

League is not dead on the Northern Beaches. I live there and have three teenage kids. They and all their mates follow Manly passionately and even last season they attended all home games ..... rain, hail or shine...... every game there is a big crew of them sitting on the hill. Same thing I did at their age!

As a teacher I can tell you most kids on the beaches love Manly and look up to Tommy Turbo and DCE.
Most teams will have poor crowds during a losing season. Nothing new.
Nothing new at all
Win games and you bring back the crowds .

sea-eagles-fans-100.jpg

Nah its not dead here in my opinion. Not as strong as it was although thats been caused by that disconnect from manly due to our current crop of players’ weak performances and the unmanlyness of Barrett. It feels all will return to good again once Des is back! The players will have the effort, and will be whipped into shape. Not asking for a premiership (not till we get our 2020s one!), just effort, and the restoration of manly. Des, Ballin, Singe and co will bring this.

Also, do you guys think Will Hoppa might want to join now that Des is here? Surprises me that he’s only 26, could be a great signing for the wing, or centre.

League is not dead on the Northern Beaches. I live there and have three teenage kids. They and all their mates follow Manly passionately and even last season they attended all home games ..... rain, hail or shine...... every game there is a big crew of them sitting on the hill. Same thing I did at their age!
I wish there were more like this. I attend most home games and my kids also. There are just not as many nowadays. I’m sure that If we start winning again the crowds will come back.

We are not as fortunate as say Newcastle whom have a huge following even if they are going crap. We on the other hand need results (results driven business) if we are to stay a club.

We don't have the funds to send the club to rehab
The funds come and go but the spirit will always remain feathered friend
We do have the Spirit . The Manly Sea eagles spirit that has always prevailed through out our most difficult times and soared above adversity and when the club hit rock bottom it always bounced back up . ALWAYS !!!
The Manly spirit will never cease to exist as it will always consist of great lovers of our club . Generous and Faithful People like Max Delmege , the Penns and former Great players that poured their blood sweat and tears proudly on their Manly jumper .
Let us also not forget the spirit of loyal supporters and lovers of our club like us that stick together when the going gets tough .
When the going gets tough the tough get going and this is what the true Manly spirit is all about
I have great faith in our club because
Tough times never last but tough Manly people do
MAROON AND WHITE FOR EVER !!!
images.jpg

Nah its not dead here in my opinion. Not as strong as it was although thats been caused by that disconnect from manly due to our current crop of players’ weak performances and the unmanlyness of Barrett. It feels all will return to good again once Des is back! The players will have the effort, and will be whipped into shape. Not asking for a premiership (not till we get our 2020s one!), just effort, and the restoration of manly. Des, Ballin, Singe and co will bring this.

Also, do you guys think Will Hoppa might want to join now that Des is here? Surprises me that he’s only 26, could be a great signing for the wing, or centre.
I’m not saying League is dead on the beaches @Harry Smith just it needs more focus from the NRL as it’s loosing to the other codes. We need to embrace the whole area north of the bridge. Our players should be visiting schools around the northern suburbs and north shore, even into Ryde and around Epping. There should be more interest in those areas as much as the beaches. We need to stop thinking with such small minds about how big our area is. League has a chance to be big this side of the bridge again. All the north’s supporters left should have had kids themselves now they are the kids we should be targeting. Give money to local schools to run clinics, have league played as a sport or at least get touch football being played.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6