[Resurrected] We are at rock bottom!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Regardless I'm a Manly fan for life, and will cheer all who run out in the Maroon & White.

I don't think we will get the spoon, but I also don't think we will make the 8.

Tough year but **** does happen!
That's about right for me. I expect a back half season run, but realistic about where we are at, and where we need to be.

That's about right for me. I expect a back half season run, but realistic about where we are at, and where we need to be.
I'd like to see a Thurston/Cooper back half season run...I've never watched a replay of a non manly game, but I watched that one again today...:rofl:

With news of Killer now out for several weeks, I'm calling it..
Our Decade of Dominance has come to an end, in a sense where we'll miss out on the finals for the 1st time since 2005, sadly.
Boys, show your heart and play for respect to get off the bottom and come close this year, anyway.
In Tooves We Trust - he's a club legend and great coach for mine, keep Tooves as head coach this season.
Maroon and White!

I selected a random Round from 2014. Below was our Round 16 Team against the roosters.
Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 Peta Hiku
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Josh Starling
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brenton Lawrence
11 Jamie Buhrer

12 Justin Horo
13 Dunamis Lui

Interchange
14 Jesse Sene-Lefao
15 James Hasson

16 Tom Symonds
17 Jason King

That team beat the Roosters 24-16 and we were on top of the table. I have highlighted the players that were different to last weekend. It's noteworthy that the backs were unchanged. In place of the forwards highlighted above we had the following:
8 Luke Burgess
10 Willie Mason
11 Blake Leary
Bench
Jake Turbo
Mateo
Ligi Sao

In my opinion the bench of Jake, Mateo & Sao is a stronger bench than JSL, Hasson & King collectively. I will also stick my neck out and say we haven't lost much with Blake Leary being there. So that leaves the problems (Apparently) solely in the starting props. I don't know what this really says, because surely with the bulk of last years team there, the excuses should be evaporating.

My suspicion is that losing has become a habit, Foran continues with his disinterest and injuries has impacted. The reality is though, it is mostly attitude and that is the coaches responsibility.

I can't disagree with any of that.

We look so strong on paper. Because in your mind, you know what each of these individuals is capable of. Problem is, we haven't seen the best from many of our guys for most of the year. A glimpse here and there, but it's hard to get traction when the team keeps changing.

Good post backed up with some positive concern, rather than just trashing our players.
Your pretty right there with the losing mentality. We lack confidence, but more importantly have a very injured squad. Game after game players are taking the field with significant injuries and our back ups are not adequate for NRL. Toovey is sticking solid with a few guys, but the return efforts of some are just not 100% as they should be. I really hope we can turn things around, because my weekends are becoming very unpleasant ;)
But saying the players don't care or are not trying is just not on for me. I leave that for twits like Ryan. How some of you condone his and his mates constant rants about our players and coaches leaves me dumb founded. It is a Manly supporter forum after all. Stick solid guys, and show faith in the boys to turn things around.

Aaah, like the professor and muse you are, resorting & reducing yourself and yet another post to petty, immature name calling.

Can you put forward an opinion without name calling? Or is that how you were raised?

Even though I reminded you that fellow posters raised concern about the aggresive and abusive nature to your posts last game day, you continue to do so.

I'm happy to be told why you consider I'm wrong about a subject, if you can do so in a mature, respectful way (which you seem to lack the capacity).

Ill also continue to reply to your posts like this, while you continue to degrade yourself with name calling and/or slinging insults.

If your attempting to bait me like a troll, I'm just not going to rage like you do. Rugby League forums just don't inspire me to abuse others for the most part, i have far too many other interests and hobbies.

It's very rare that i get drawn into a name calling joust, and when i do, i feel embarrassed and ashamed the next day, because ive let stupidity get to me. You seem to wear such with pride as a badge of honour.

Sad really. I miss the days of mutual respect and open minded discussion and debate on this site.

As I've said before, and you haven't disappointed, looking forward to your name calling, abuse riddled reply akin to the schoolyard in infants.

Last edited:
Aaah, like the professor and muse you are, resorting & reducing yourself and yet another post to petty, immature name calling.

Can you put forward an opinion without name calling? Or is that how you were raised?

Even though I reminded you that fellow posters raised concern about the aggresive and abusive nature to your posts last game day, you continue to do so.

I'm happy to be told why you consider I'm wrong about a subject, if you can do so in a mature, respectful way (which you seem to lack the capacity).

Ill also continue to reply to your posts like this, while you continue to degrade yourself with name calling and/or slinging insults.

If your attempting to bait me like a troll, I'm just not going to rage like you do. Rugby League forums just don't inspire me to abuse others for the most part, i have far too many other interests and hobbies.

It's very rare that i get drawn into a name calling joust, and when i do, i feel embarrassed and ashamed the next day, because ive let stupidity get to me. You seem to wear such with pride as a badge of honour.

Sad really. I miss the days of mutual respect and open minded discussion and debate on this site.

As I've said before, and you haven't disappointed, looking forward to your name calling, abuse riddled reply akin to the schoolyard in infants.
I have no anger at all-choosing to read tone into the text I provide is all for you to decide.
I don't like your views generally as you flip and flop all over the place, and denigrate our players, coaches and management consistently. That may be acceptable at North Sydney but I don't think it is appropriate for Manly Supporters.
Lastly, your efforts to make out your some linguistic giant are falling quite flat with me.
I will continue whenever I like to call you out as the pathetic fair weather supporter you are.
So far you have taken aim at me personally regarding my age, upbringing, intelligence, pettiness, name calling, immaturity, aggression, abuse, stupidity, schoolyard infancy and lack of eloquence when constructing a sentence. Did I miss anything there Ryan? I would say that's a pretty complete character assassination of somebody you do not know.
Try the ignore button in future-otherwise feel free to debate me in person at our next home game.

And if not... when offering to meet someone at the game it's always nice to say you'll buy them a beer!

Remember the days when you could have a different opinion and it would not resort to petty name calling?

If you do not agree with someone how about showing some respect and just agreeing to disagreeing. Ultimately, no matter where you come from or who you may have supported in the past, we are all supporters of the one team.

This does not mean we need to agree with each other but we should show each other, and peoples opinion, some respect

I would suggest you place some scrutiny on his post, rather than querying my intentions. You springing to some conclusion of a veiled threat on my behalf is pathetic.

Yet that's what you meant. Suggesting a punch-up to settle a Silvertails.net disagreement merely supports my opinion about you, sorry...and no, if we were face to face i wouldn't embarrass myself and/or my family like that.

I'm not 10 years old anymore.

Now, are you asking the mods to scrutinise my replies to you calling me a twit, a Bears Supporter (as though that was a crime), Wyan, nuffie etc etc etc? Which one?

My suggestion is to attempt to post without name calling. Surely thats not so hard? You abused fellow posters last Friday night as well.

Just take a deep breath, and tell me why im wrong. You know the replies i got when i suggested adam Cuthbertson should play on the wing? It was all handled with respect and good nature.

Just show some respect to people and/or me, and ill reply in kind.

You act like anyone who used to support The Bears is less human, or a criminal? You know this is just a sport, right?

If we chalk up 4 points from our next 2 very winnable games we should be in the top 8. Can see the Dogs and/or Dragons copping a loss in the next 2 rounds.

Things have changed alright, I'll be one of the 1st to put my hand up and say I thought Tooves had run out of ideas n was being left behind in how the game is played, and the commitment from certain players left a lot to be desired. But gee they have turned things around now, this is the real manly, United as one for a greater cause!!

I don't want to jump into anyone fight here, but I have read this post from start to finish and "Wombat Legacy" has been telling everyone to keep their faith and keep supporting the team, yes he had a dig at Ryan but bysides that, he has been a positive and a true Manly fan, read his posts and you will see my point. Not just for Wombat Legacy but I/we hope Manly get in the eight just to show everyone Manly are at their best when the chips are down, but in saying that a true Manly fan will support the team reguardless of results. Plus one more thing a lot of the current players have been here for a long time and over ten years have brought us some very happy times, so if they are moving on or have moved on good luck to them and thanks for all the great memories. (Not Watmough f##k him)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4