[Resurrected] We are at rock bottom!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If we don’t change anything it’s just a matter of time. We are on the slippery slide.

Whilst ever the ‘St Ives Set’ are coming over from the North Shore and interfering in the Pride of the Northern Beaches, it looks like this will be the club’s near to medium term future.

Just look at the teams below us on the ladder. Griffin, O’Brien, Holbrook all under pressure. Barrett, Brown, Madge all sacked. Meanwhile Des coasts on by and literally receives zero criticism because he isn’t Trent Barrett and he won us a comp 11 years ago, when the game hadn’t passed him by yet.

I think we can all agree we have a pretty good team with a bunch of very talented players, yet we have 2 more losses than we do wins this year and can’t make the 8 now. The Turbo excuse doesn’t work as he’s missed more games than he’s played anyway. At what point does the coaching come into question?

Sadly I cannot see 2023 being much different to this season. When we have so much of the cap tied up in 3 players and 1 of them not even being a spine player our lack of quality across the roster stands out like dogs balls.

Whilst ever the ‘St Ives Set’ are coming over from the North Shore and interfering in the Pride of the Northern Beaches, it looks like this will be the club’s near to medium term future.
More like the Blacktown or Guilford set. The Gangstas in St Ives wear braces!

We're paying 3 guys way to much money and it's costing us dearly

Turbo can't stay on the field and I still think he's suspect with a rolling ball.

Jakes a 100 percent effort guy and I can't knock the effort but he's not nearly worth the coin he's on

Dce does deliver enough for the money he's on and there's some strange tactics creaping into his game, that kic on the second last night with the fullback back was bizzare and turned momentem and not for the first time this year.

I think this time round there are more than enough reasons roster and injury wise to have a valid (not excuse I guess) reason we are toiling in the middle of the pack.

If what I've been told is true, there's a pretty great player coming besides Tuilagi, so I'm satisfied with next season (but would probably like one more) to push the fringe back to depth.

Have faith boys and girls. Troops are coming. Manase and Josh will be trim lined next season. Lawton back. Tuilagi and X here.

I think an announcement will be made when they can get the best impact out of it.

If what I've been told is true, there's a pretty great player coming besides Tuilagi, so I'm satisfied with next season (but would probably like one more) to push the fringe back to depth.
Looking forward to great players coming to makes us a greater force

We need an injection of Greatness

That is what rebuilds are all about

Every season every club rebuilds and we need to counteract and be competitive

other wise we are left on the wrong side of the competition table

A quote from the Greatest Immortal Bob Fulton
The best cattle on the field conquers

See the source image

I
I think this time round there are more than enough reasons roster and injury wise to have a valid (not excuse I guess) reason we are toiling in the middle of the pack.

Have faith boys and girls. Troops are coming. Manase and Josh will be trim lined next season. Lawton back. Tuilagi and X here.

I think an announcement will be made when they can get the best impact out of it.
I hope you’ve got something special because the way I’m looking at it there is very little to get excited about. Tuilangi looks good but I’d hardly say he’ll change our teams fortunes. Given everyone we’re losing - especially Foz who I’d argue has been our best all year - things look a little grim. And I’m not just saying that after last nights loss.

I

I hope you’ve got something special because the way I’m looking at it there is very little to get excited about. Tuilangi looks good but I’d hardly say he’ll change our teams fortunes. Given everyone we’re losing - especially Foz who I’d argue has been our best all year - things look a little grim. And I’m not just saying that after last nights loss.

Just have faith mate. It'll come out in the wash. There's been a lot of change at the club, once the dust settles, I'm sure a few things will be announced - next year's team will be right up there if we are fit and firing

I started reading this thread, not realising it was from 2015! Somehow it still felt relevant though 😔 My initial thoughts were, it’s not rock bottom unless we finish last. I have to admit, it does feel pretty bad this morning, after how the team lost last night.

Just have faith mate. It'll come out in the wash.
Spot on Feathered Friend

What is life without Faith

It would be like a Sea eagle with no Feathers and No wings

We may have failed again this season but we still have our Wings of Faith and we will fly again

We will soar like Great Sea eagle again

We need to stay Strong and Keep up the Faith !

Visual search query image

I wouldn't say pretty. I'd say he'll be less beauty and more beast (in a good way), so they should be fine. Haha.
Nothing Wrong with Pretty Sea eagles to enhance our sexy Maroon and white legendary jersey
Feathered friend

as long as the Manly boys that are wearing them are also pretty good on the footy field as well !

It is pretty miserable right now but nothing like the n eagles days and just after the n eagles day when we were trying to climb out of that hole

I wouldn't say pretty. I'd say he'll be less beauty and more beast (in a good way), so they should be fine. Haha.
Well I hope you're right. Sitting there last night for my first live game of the year after a long trip it's looking pretty bloody bleak. Obviously we have some talent sitting on the sidelines ie Turbo, Manase and Schu BUT are we going to ever see all 3 at their best carving it up. That's the $1mil+ question. I've heard rumours that the DCE extension wasn't for less but more. If that's true then forget about the next couple of years it'll be wilderness time.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8