[Resurrected] We are at rock bottom!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
There is no way to sugar coat this, we are at rock bottom and we need to be honest in how the team have got to this position.

1: Lack of togetherness, that was destroyed when the club forgot communication and ostracised the team by not solving the Glen Stewart problem.
2: The confidence and belief this team has has gone. We are getting owned by teams now and there is no capacity to guts it out and win games as there was once was.
3: Our club has hung out the coach to dry. It is unrealistic and unfair to not keep the coach in the loop, as I said earlier the writing is on the wall for Toovey and thats such a shame.

There are other reasons too that could be mentioned but this is what is behind our demise.

The cure for this?

The first thing has to be a club that is on the same page from the CEO, to the coach, to the players, We need to have a strategy at the club that gives the players an incentive to progress.

Toovey has been so loyal to this group and persisted with them but there is no place to hide now, the team needs to be freshened up and energised and I think there has to be some honesty about where some of our senior players are now. The team is crying out for youth, enthusiasm, during this turbulence we have seen the emergence of some real future leaders, the Turbo brothers and Leary have really impressed.

There is no doubt that the injury toll has crippled us this season and compounded what we have seen. The club has to get it right, the retention of DCE hopefully will settle some of this down.

I think we have some more pain to come in the short term as some big decisions are about to made it seems.

I for one will back this team no matter what. I want to see the team put in an effort, I have mentioned many times the lack of togetherness that was once our pride and joy, that needs to be built again.

The old saying about taking a step back to go forward, we are at the pit now, so its time for the club to be honest and re-build things. One thing I do know is we have the culture to do this and the belief too.

Time for Manly to be brave. It is the end of an era with this team and now we need a new dawn!

There is no way to sugar coat this, we are at rock bottom and we need to be honest in how the team have got to this position.

1: Lack of togetherness, that was destroyed when the club forgot communication and ostracised the team by not solving the Glen Stewart problem.
2: The confidence and belief this team has has gone. We are getting owned by teams now and there is no capacity to guts it out and win games as there was once was.
3: Our club has hung out the coach to dry. It is unrealistic and unfair to not keep the coach in the loop, as I said earlier the writing is on the wall for Toovey and thats such a shame.

There are other reasons too that could be mentioned but this is what is behind our demise.

The cure for this?

The first thing has to be a club that is on the same page from the CEO, to the coach, to the players, We need to have a strategy at the club that gives the players an incentive to progress.

Toovey has been so loyal to this group and persisted with them but there is no place to hide now, the team needs to be freshened up and energised and I think there has to be some honesty about where some of our senior players are now. The team is crying out for youth, enthusiasm, during this turbulence we have seen the emergence of some real future leaders, the Turbo brothers and Leary have really impressed.

There is no doubt that the injury toll has crippled us this season and compounded what we have seen. The club has to get it right, the retention of DCE hopefully will settle some of this down.

I think we have some more pain to come in the short term as some big decisions are about to made it seems.

I for one will back this team no matter what. I want to see the team put in an effort, I have mentioned many times the lack of togetherness that was once our pride and joy, that needs to be built again.

The old saying about taking a step back to go forward, we are at the pit now, so its time for the club to be honest and re-build things. One thing I do know is we have the culture to do this and the belief too.

Time for Manly to be brave. It is the end of an era with this team and now we need a new dawn!
The injury toll had nothing to do with it tonight. We had nearly our best side on the paddock for the first half.

Toovey was a great player and a club legend who was thrown in the deep end probably a few years too early. I think his time is done as a coach. We need a penrith style rebuild from the top downwards.

No disrespect to the team or the club but we are almost 4 years down the track post Hasler, some of our champions are starting to feel the effects of time and we have a pop gun pack...time for some serious decision making.

Tafua cost as 10 points to begin with how does toovey pick him ahead of Tom Trjbovic seriously.. The first try Tom T would have caught with his eyes closed because he is 1ft taller than Tafua and the second try there was no need for the offload from Tafua even though ballin should have caught it.10 nil no ball no penalties and finally the first set of 6 we get in there quarter in the 1st half we score.. 2nd half we score first 20-10 and then snake bombs a try to go 20-16 with all the momentum with us.. The thing that pissed me off the most was 1.What position did toovey play CHEERY in the first half ???? 2. How is Tafua ahead of Tom Trjbovic and lastly HOW does a first grade coach pick Tafua ahead of Tom Trjbovic when all 3 games he has played he has created busts and has been been more creative than Tafua has ever been..Tooves START picking on form or Trent Barret will be coach next week..ONE more loss like that and unfortunately toovey is GONESKI..!!!!

Manly 3 wins 9 lose's with a points differential of negative 92

This is so sad to see us like this - this is not the manly I know.

We will do well to miss the spoon with that differential. I think there is more pain to come this season.

Very sad to see how quickly we have fallen

Going to be very long fortnight .

I ask the boys to take the next week off - forget about footy.

I want to see in 2 weeks time 17 men who take line up for us to have some pride in the jumper and their performance.

I want 17 men who realise they have one of the most respected men at our club leading them and they are doing him a disservice at the moment with there performances.

we need to swap Myles for Lui NOW. Lussick for Mason NOW. Release Matai, Lyon. Bozo for 2V, Taufua backrow for Horo, Turbos both starting 1st grade for all future matches. We need BJ and Buhrer, Gutho, fit and on the field now. I could go on, but of course these things are impossible.

We will avoid the spoon, but only just. We, as Manly fans are just gonna have to get used to the idea of mediocrity for a year or two.

We're in a rebuilding phase, no doubt. At least we've got a great half back to build the team around. We may be coming last and we were given a touch up last night but I'm still on a high from Wednesday and strangely I feel GREAT:)

Guys, we have had a great decade but cap has finally caught us. We will be right again in near future. There will be a clean out of coach and some players and we will rise again. I did say I heard awhile ago from a "in the know" that Tooves isn't the right choice as coach by the players and staff.

We are definitely at rock bottom

Parra are about to be two wins ahead of us, as is every other team outside of the Tigers

We easily have the worst for and against

Where to from now?

If Parra lose next week in Melbourne and the Tigers lose next week without Farah and Woods in the team then our round 15 match will allow us to draw level with both these sides by the end of round 15, should we win. We'll still be last on p/d unless we menace the Tigers, but at least we'll be within striking distance of the two other teams that are in real danger of finishing last.

If Parra lose next week in Melbourne and the Tigers lose next week without Farah and Woods in the team then our round 15 match will allow us to draw level with both these sides by the end of round 15, should we win. We'll still be last on p/d unless we menace the Tigers, but at least we'll be within striking distance of the two other teams that are in real danger of finishing last.
So we have to rely on all that just to come 2nd last. That is so sad, how did it come down to this.

We are 6 points out of the 8. Half way thorough the season. Settle.

The real question is how do we have a better second half to the season and still retire the coach? Or do we need the spoon to get consensus on Toovey.

Tricky? A top 8 finish, or near, will be inconvenient to the anti-Toov camp.

Best Geoff gives notice now and we try and send him - and season - off with class.

This is all very sad, we're working out permutations in order to avoid the wooden spoon, never have I seen this before for a Manly team, not even during the Northern Eagles days.

Not even that year (2004 maybe) where we played soufs at North sydney oval?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2