Watmough Unleashes On DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Who says Manly had to release him to another club even if he was offered 500,000 elsewhere, for the small amount Manly were paying they could of just let DCE sit idle in reserves.

From what i can gather the senior player group would of been fine with some form of upgrade in a gradual sense but not the reported huge jump he got, when that huge jump would not have been possible without the class in the squad to start with.

DCE signed a dud deal to get his foot in the door of first grade then didn't show maturity in the way he deservedly should of been awarded an upgrade to some degree but went for the juggernaut and held the club to ransom after just one year.

What is the point of having experience in the workplace giving their time and experience to apprentices if after one year they are potentially going to move on or make their own job insecure due to less funds to spread around---there is no incentive to do so, it doesn't teach respect and patience plus doesn't promote a good culture.
Manly released Choc and Green just this year.

Sports can't be compared to a trade. :shake:

Talent does not necessarily develop with time like another profession's skill set.

Sporting people appear and disappear from the arena quickly and will always valued by a Team in need.
Their unique talents aren't transferred from older players.

They are also limited by their body's ability to endure the duress of their sport :sweating:

Culture is now just a Brand and all Clubs are just temporary stops for players in demand - thanks to Super League :cool:

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
And we all believe the media spin on another DCE attack and hasnt Hooper run with another story that isnt his work.
Choc has acted like a real c0ck for doing this now and I don't for one minute think DCE is squeaky clean either.
But Choc should show the MANLY club more respect. Fark me they looked after him big time. He has sh1t on this club that made him a great.

What a load of crap. That's all i have to to say about that.
Ok tell me why it is so.

Signed for peanuts with zero first grade experience for far too long is DCE's fault, wins a premiership in his first year mostly off the back of an already decent squad---but yes he contributed as well.

Fair enough asking for an upgrade but be reasonable about it.

We don't know the actual figure of the pay increase at the time but by all the reports at the time(and probably many exaggerated the amount for clickbait attention) it was a huge jump.

At 50,000 a year Manly could of played hardball and kept him in reserves if there was no clauses in the contract preventing them from doing so.

Yes the senior playing group was starting to run on it's last legs and both sides of this story have their bad sides but DCE did himself zero favours in that time.

Manly released Choc and Green just this year.

Sports can't be compared to a trade. :shake:

Talent does not necessarily develop with time like another profession's skill set.

Sporting people appear and disappear from the arena quickly and will always valued by a Team in need.
Their unique talents aren't transferred from older players.

They are also limited by their body's ability to endure the duress of their sport :sweating:

Culture is now just a Brand and all Clubs are just temporary stops for players in demand - thanks to Super League :cool:
I agree, that is not the point.

It was DCE's first year so to run the "limited by their body's ability to endure the duress of their sport" and "talent does not necessarily develop with time" lines would not have been going through his mind at the time as reasons to seek a mammoth upgrade.

It was pure greed and a lack of respect for what the club and players did for him at the time.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
I agree, that is not the point.

It was DCE's first year so to run the "limited by their body's ability to endure the duress of their sport" and "talent does not necessarily develop with time" lines would not have been going through his mind at the time as reasons to seek a mammoth upgrade.

It was pure greed and a lack of respect for what the club and players did for him at the time.
His manager would have had the contract figure of a premiership winning, representative half back and asked for it from Manly and 15 other Clubs.

That's the reason he gets his commission and he lobbied for his Client well.

Again, it was Manly's choice to upgrade Chez, they could have flicked him :nod:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ned

47MVEagle

Bencher
I used to bump into Choc at my kids primary school when his kids were going there. I said g'day to him twice - the first time he responded quite happily, the next time he completely brushed me.

Anyone else I've ever known who knew Choc - ranging from people who went to school with him to a bloke I played soccer with whose son was in the younger grades at Manly - have said he's a complete d*ckhead.

I'm not one to believe idle gossip but based on my own experience & the sheer amount of negative comments I've heard about him, I daresay he's not Australian of the year material.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Watmough has no class

Did he mention his, Foran's and co relationship with Eddie Hayson?

Nice third party sponsorship of $$, bets, whores, coke and stuff.

No wonder DCE said fuk you guys.

Did you forget the match fixing. He was as guilty as sin.

If that match vs Parra was horse race the stewards would of rubbed him out for 5 years for his inept efforts to tackle which led tries. Lucky for him the NRL are complete dunces.

His manager would have had the contract figure if a premiership winning, representative half back and asked for it from Manly and 15 other Clubs.

That's the reason he gets his commission and he lobbied for his Client well.

Again, it was Manly's choice to upgrade Chez, they could have flicked him :nod:
You are stating the obvious "it was Manly's choice to upgrade Chez".

The point we are debating is DCE's mindset at the time/character and whether some of the senior playing group are justified to a degree to be pissed off with his attitude.

Both sides have valid points but for DCE to go for the juggernaut figure just because his manager said "do so" shows it was all just another days business for him.

I'm a fan of DCE's skill set and work ethic, you can tell he trains hard and plays hard, but for that period of time as Watmough said "he was a dickhead".

Yes people make mistakes when they are young but that same attitude at negotiation time just kept on going.

I don't recall the senior player group having an issue with Foran after his first breakout year in 2009 so Foran must have done something right in his time at Manly.(mind you Foran wasn't lucky enough to win a premiership in his first year so who am i to judge)

HappilyManly

Journey Man
In his first year as an NRL player, DCE won a premiership AND played for his country.

Why shouldn't he want an upgrade on his contract?

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/daly-cherry-evans/summary.html

2011 Achievements - first year NRL
Dally M Rookie Of The Year
RLIF Halfback Of The Year
RLPA Rookie of the Year
Kangaroo Test Player
Kangaroo World Cup Player
Premiership Winner

For all Choc knows, Dez's creative contract construction could have been riddled with bonuses on all of the above for Chez :rofl:

That’s better than most of the bull**** spouted around here by the “experts” Cheers, I’ll run with that also
It is obvious DCE works hard, even Uate complimented this part of DCE.

This has never been questioned, the issue is about that first upgrade and how he went about it and being a tosser in the more recent negotiations about "enjoying the process".

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/daly-cherry-evans/summary.html

2011 Achievements - first year NRL
Dally M Rookie Of The Year
RLIF Halfback Of The Year
RLPA Rookie of the Year
Kangaroo Test Player
Kangaroo World Cup Player
Premiership Winner

For all Choc knows, Dez's creative contract construction could have been riddled with bonuses on all of the above for Chez :rofl:
If that was the case DCE didn't have to threaten sitting out training because it would be a breach of contract if Manly didn't pony up the bonuses.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
If that was the case DCE didn't have to threaten sitting out training because it would be a breach of contract if Manly didn't pony up the bonuses.
Even Choc said that Chez was following his Agent's instructions. He never sat out a session as Manly was happy to add another zero to his contract ;)

Those of us who worked as contractors see this as normal operations.
But I can appreciate how salaried people would view it as the height of arrogance :nod:

Even Choc said that Chez was following his Agent's instructions. He never sat out a session as Manly was happy to add another zero to his contract ;)

But I can appreciate how salaried people would view it as the height of arrogance :nod:
I stated DCE was following his agents instructions and never stated DCE sat out a session.

Such a well rounded and intelligent kid who was all about the business far too early, now will probably never win another GF along with not develop his game to the premium level half back he should of been.

Smart short term decisions, dumb long term.

Might make a few dollars promoting "The Secret" on Instagram.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
I stated DCE was following his agents instructions and never stated DCE sat out a session.

Such a well rounded and intelligent kid who was all about the business far too early, now will probably never win another GF along with not develop his game to the premium level half back he should of been.

Smart short term decisions, dumb long term.

Might make a few dollars promoting "The Secret" on Instagram.
Money is not a problem now and Chez has already accumulated most RL awards - good luck to him and his young family :rock:

Why would Manly throw the kitchen sink at a player that held them to ransom and behaved in that way previously? Obviously Penn and co were comfortable with his actions to sign him. So I call bull****. I can imagine any young bloke who just won a comp and played for Australia on 50K would say the same thing. **** some of you are precious.
What imbecile would blame him for doubling down on negotiations to set himself up for life. Choc is jealous and dumb...a marvellous mix
What is your point, as stated several times DCE had every right to try and seek a reasonable upgrade from 2012 that balanced his improvements with respecting the team culture and dynamic at the time that afforded him a good place to improve his skill set beyond the value of $50,000 a year.

I have no issue with his current contract---good on him, i have an issue with the smart arse tosser comments he made at the time.

I also have an issue with people here knocking Manly for taking away the original offer that was offered for a substantial amount of time----DCE had ample time to sign that so it was never a case of Manly "not wanting him" as some make out, just that Manly had to make moves at the time and back others if there was going to be a delay.

It's arrogant to assume and give off the impression that "i'm of the salaried people low life masses" and can't relate to the high and almighty "contractors" of the world.

But i do have an inkling to who you might be so not surprised.

Money is not a problem now and Chez has already accumulated most RL awards - good luck to him and his young family :rock:
Hopefully DCE works on improving his robotic tone but intelligent political style responses so that he can flourish in the media and make a good living outside of League, or will he lose focus once again and not develop his skill-set in this area to reach is undoubted potential.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18