Watmough Unleashes On DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
So by the end of 2011 DCE is on base salary $75k, and had just won a GF and won selection in the touring Kangaroo side.

Why wouldn't he ask for a pay rise.

And to have a player on a back-ended contract, supposedly on $800k-$900K a season, come out and have a crack is a bit rich.

And now to bring it up again 5 years later is unbelievable.
Well said mate and i love your music as well.

I didn't assume anything at all so I am not sure how you arrive there? I was simply saying that going to strip clubs, is not necessarily seen as the 'clean' image. As for being photographed publicly, welcome to the celebrity life. That sucks but it is reality. If he didn't appreciate Liam Cox's questioning, he should chat with his bogan manager on that one, after all, only he knew outside of Cherry-Evans the time he would be arriving at Cronulla.

He wasn’t ‘arriving at Cronulla’, read again. That was a separate incident where he was with his partner, not his kids. The incident I was referring to was at the beach, where DCE was approached while on a day off, playing with his kids - to the point that he packed up and left, and the douchebag with the microphone saw fit to follow him to the car and hound him while he was carrying a small child, and repeatedly being asked to please leave them alone.

The media get plenty of organised opportunities to interview players - they even get photo ops with the players’ families on occasion. It doesn’t give them any right at all to ruin a little kid’s day out with her father - and what did the imbecile really think, that he was going to get answers to his questions by hassling the family? The thing that astounds me is that the networks then play this footage on the news, apparently unaware of how disgusting their employee’s behaviour is. It’s the sporting version of the A Current Affair ambulance chasers: “Darren! Darren! Why won’t you talk to us Darren?! We’re from ACA! Never mind that we’re hounding you and your family outside hospital/cemetery/court! Why won’t you talk to ACA?!”

So choc having a go at dce for not wanting an upgrade from the 50k he was on. Yeah thats unfair i mean the i earn double that being a sales rep.
I take back my support of choc, here what choc needs to do. Shut the **** up get over it and be supportive. May even rather than drive past ground maybe ring baz ask to help.
Gifty got moved on his best footy was past him, choc sat on sidelines at parra. While rest of golden era snake, killer and matai all played one season too long.
Toovey made the right call and at the time managent rightly where trying to keep dce and foran.
Time to either help out or shut the **** up its pathetic a life member bagging team captain.

The way I see it , Watmough , Stewart Brothers, Matai, and Foran will always be Manly Legends. They all sacrificed alot for the team to be together, I remeber Watmough getting offer from everywhere. He bled for this club... I don't believe what he said to him back in the day was out of line, if anything those boys were trying to instill the culture in him to be next in line. We are now stuck with the most over paid halfback in the NRL, however he is a good half on his day. We wouldn't be in this predicament , if we didnt sign DCE thats the cold hard truth. I look at this team , and nothing bleeds Manly , apart from Jorge Tafua and the Trbojevic brothers

So by the end of 2011 DCE is on base salary $75k, and had just won a GF and won selection in the touring Kangaroo side.

And to have a player on a back-ended contract, supposedly on $800k-$900K a season, come out and have a crack is a bit rich.

A has-been struggling for relevance.

True manly love is like Beaver. You'd never hear that man say a bad word about manly. He understands manly gave him everything in life and he gave it back in spades!!!

I don't understand this notion of choc's. In my mind they were the beginning of the generation of players that believed they made a club. Which is exactly what he's claiming chez is. Beaver was shoved out by Des while he was still playing good footy. He was there for manly through the good and bad as a shining example. Choc, gifty snake, matai. They all seemed to think they were just entitled. That they had somehow built or brought the winning. What they fail to understand is that we had a winning culture long before them and we will get it back and have a winning culture long after them. This chip on their shoulders is completely unbecoming of their legacy and to me demonstrates they care far more about themselves than they ever did about the club.

Ironic really because its the very thing they're accusing DCE of doing...

I know alot of fans have rose coloured glasses on but this **** was bound to feister.
The culture of des was alot of young kids coped alot of beating learnt to win and played for each other which imo was similar to bellamy storm rebuild.
Our management have opted for the 1980s bozo style buy your way out of trouble with selfish players which is what we see on field at present.
Tell me why does killer, matai, gifty, snake and choc not want to help out ....

They thought they were the club and were owed and started trying to dictate direction and threw their toys out of the cot when they didn't get their way.

In his first 3 years, DCE had won a premiership, played in 2 Grand Finals, won a Clive Churchill Medal, played for Queensland in a winning Origin Series and had played for Australia in the Four Nations, Anzac Test and World Cup, being a member of the 2013 World Cup Final winning team.

There were players in the NRL in 2013 who had never played a rep game, not even City vs Country, and had never played Finals football let alone a Grand Final.....and they were earning in some cases upwards of 5-6 times the amount DCE was. Of course he was going to want a contract upgrade with what he had already achieved. He had literally achieved more in just 3 years than most players do in their entire careers.

Personally, and Choc kinda let the cat out of the bag at one point, I think the senior players, that so-called senior clique of the Stewarts, Choc and Foran, didn't like that the Quantum side was starting to lean towards the younger players in the team and saw them as the future of the club. Yes they had all given their blood, sweat and tears for the club over the previous decade and had done so very successfully. I just think there was a lot of jealousy involved and DCE was at the forefront of those younger players so he copped the brunt of it.

It is now in the past and cannot be changed, but I'll throw in my two bobs worth. My major concern from the podcast was Watmough's claim that DCE would withhold his services by not training, if true, he should have been dropped and not allowed play any footy until he indicated that he would resume training. Not rewarded with a salary increase as he was. Arko would have punted him on the spot.

As for him asking for extra cash, nothing wrong with that, but to hold the club to ransom by not training (again if true) is p*ss poor.

It is now in the past and cannot be changed, but I'll throw in my two bobs worth. My major concern from the podcast was Watmough's claim that DCE would withhold his services by not training, if true, he should have been dropped and not allowed play any footy until he indicated that he would resume training. Not rewarded with a salary increase as he was. Arko would have punted him on the spot.

As for him asking for extra cash, nothing wrong with that, but to hold the club to ransom by not training (again if true) is p*ss poor.

He's not the first player to do that, nor will he be the last. Even at Manly. Blake Green did it just this year because the Warriors offered him a better deal and we only relented and released him because at the time there was the belief that we could easily sign a replacement such as Mitchel Pearce. Otherwise, how long would that saga have gone on?

Matthew Ridge held out for 9 weeks in 1996 after Manly wouldn't release him at the end of 1995 after he'd signed with Super League. It took that long for Bozo to convince him to actually play out his contract.

Last edited:
Personally, and Choc kinda let the cat out of the bag at one point, I think the senior players, that so-called senior clique of the Stewarts, Choc and Foran, didn't like that the Quantum side was starting to lean towards the younger players

Wasnt Foran one of those younger players?

Afterall, is in fact over a year younger than DCE?

The way I see it , Watmough , Stewart Brothers, Matai, and Foran will always be Manly Legends. They all sacrificed alot for the team to be together, I remeber Watmough getting offer from everywhere.

Remind me what Foran sacrificed.

Wasnt Foran one of those younger players?

Afterall, is in fact over a year younger than DCE?

I was going to point that out myself. It’s not so much the ‘senior’ bit, but that Foran had got himself into the clique with that group, and that then led to him being anointed as the successor they wanted, so to speak. The new boy who wanted to do things his own way and not join in with the old guard got ostracised instead.

I was going to point that out myself. It’s not so much the ‘senior’ bit, but that Foran had got himself into the clique with that group, and that then led to him being anointed as the successor they wanted, so to speak. The new boy who wanted to do things his own way and not join in with the old guard got ostracised instead.

Such an American!

It's Emuracised.....!

Also didn't @Ryan overhear them all in a coffee shop saying that have agreed to term at Parra well before announcing it to Manly (foz that is)?

It would only be a sacrifice if Choc himself didn't qualify their actions as 'choosing to play with my mates'
Sacrifice would have been if Choc honoured his final year with Manly and played without his BFF :wait:

Chez asked for an upgrade and Manly chose to give it.
Manly also had free choice to reject it and in 2012 Chez would easily have been given 500k by another Club :nod:

Holding onto resentment at others good fortune, even after 6 years, is bad for health :envy:

F..k me!
The love fest for DC has reached worshiping proportions !!!
Reality check people!!! ..
there's the small issue that we are F..k..n LOSING !!!

Such an American!

It's Emuracised.....!

Also didn't @Ryan overhear them all in a coffee shop saying that have agreed to term at Parra well before announcing it to Manly (foz that is)?

I don't know about the coffee shop bit, but IIRC that was the rumour doing the rounds. Allegedly Foran had agreed at the back end of 2014 after the Gifty saga that he was going to join Choc at Doesn't-matta from 2016 and that they had deliberately delayed announcing it until after DCE had announced that he'd signed with the Gold Coast. It was their way of punishing the club for not offering Gifty a decent enough contract, make them lose both their Grand Final winning, international halves in one hit.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12