Watmough Unleashes On DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HoldenV8

Journey Man
F..k me!
The love fest for DC has reached worshiping proportions !!!
Reality check people!!! ..
there's the small issue that we are F..k..n LOSING !!!

Its not a DCE love fest and we know full well we're currently losing. We're just pointing out things that were well known 5 or so years ago when all of this with Choc, Foran, Gifty, Tooves and DCE went down. There are holes in Choc's version of events.

The Who

Journey Man
I don't know about the coffee shop bit, but IIRC that was the rumour doing the rounds. Allegedly Foran had agreed at the back end of 2014 after the Gifty saga that he was going to join Choc at Doesn't-matta from 2016 and that they had deliberately delayed announcing it until after DCE had announced that he'd signed with the Gold Coast. It was their way of punishing the club for not offering Gifty a decent enough contract, make them lose both their Grand Final winning, international halves in one hit.
Didn't the club offer Gift a contract (for $350,000 if my memory is correct) and the NRL refused to rubber stamp it saying he was a much more valuable player than that... (despite the Donkeys getting away with paying Lockyer a fraction of his worth).

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Quite frankly, after DCE's announced signing with the Titans, then Foran announcing he was joining the Eels, the club panicked big time and ended up having to pay massive overs to get one of them, which turned out to be DCE, to stay which has led to part of the salary cap problem we currently have.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Didn't the club offer Gift a contract (for $350,000 if my memory is correct) and the NRL refused to rubber stamp it saying he was a much more valuable player than that... (despite the Donkeys getting away with paying Lockyer a fraction of his worth).

I believe so. I think from memory they said he was worth a minimum of $600,000 on the open market.

That part about Lockyer still stinks. He was rumoured to be earning well over $1 million per year, but was only getting around 250 or 300,000 from the Broncos. The rest was in TPA's and whatever other deals he had going. And the NRL allowed it, probably because he was seen as vital to Brisbane's cause at the time and a player who still put bums in seats at Suncorp. He was also the then Australian test captain and it wouldn't do well to have the games leading player forced out of his home club, a Qld club, because they couldn't afford him under the salary cap. Can you imagine what the outcry would have been from Hillbillyland if Lockyer had been forced out of the Broncos because of the salary cap? They would have heard the crying on Pluto.

Do you remember what it was like when Wayne Bennett cut Wally Lewis? And they were both Queenslander's. If the Sydney based NRL had forced Brisbane to pay Lockyer what he was actually worth and it affected their salary cap......it would have been war like we haven't seen since Super League.

Last edited:

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Its easier to
F..k me!
The love fest for DC has reached worshiping proportions !!!
Reality check people!!! ..
there's the small issue that we are F..k..n LOSING !!!

My posts here have nothing to do with current predicament just the events of 2012-2013.

Two separate issues that wont be fully resolved until DCE hangs up his boots and writes his book ( i am sure there will be one).

Sillybus

Reserve Grader
So Choc will come out and criticize his mates Snake and Matai for not showing up in their last paid year and at least mentoring the young replacements?

If not he has no moral high ground at all.

It's the NRL's fault that snake and matai were still on our books not choc's and the damage to the playing group was well and truly done by then but you've got me you're right, they should have still been turning up to training to at least guide the juniors. It seems there's a monumental amount of selfishness in football. I wish I could just not show up to my job until they pay me more because I feel I'm being underpaid for my contributions. It just doesn't work that way.

Fluffy

Journey Man
It's the NRL's fault that snake and matai were still on our books not choc's and the damage to the playing group was well and truly done by then but you've got me you're right, they should have still been turning up to training to at least guide the juniors. It seems there's a monumental amount of selfishness in football. I wish I could just not show up to my job until they pay me more because I feel I'm being underpaid for my contributions. It just doesn't work that way.

and would you also take a pay cut so some A hole can earn more as well?

OneEyedEagle

Bencher
https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/nrl...g-to-his-reputation/cjidy7hdh00920gqpj2j2q2wy

Choc's claiming that all the world's ills are caused by Chez, may have Chez claim a huge defamation case against Choc's monies :nerd:

That would be Karma :rofl:

The sad aspect is that I don't think there would be too many forum posters here that really know what happened in the past or what is currently going on yet there are a few that are willing to speculate and cast aspersions on the current players, i.e. DCE.

The likes of the Stewart brothers and Matai never chitted on the club they played for, yes they had their differences but they have never carried on like pork chops.

Yet a few imbeciles here think the sun shines out of WatMOUTH a.rse and his own chit doesn't stink and should be given god-like status

Well, this turd has dumped on the team and the supporters when he should have kept his mouth shut. Be a man and air your difference with DCE in private rather than laying the boot into the club when its down.

His name should be wiped from all records and never to be mentioned ever again.

I am just really disappointed and saddened by what is going on. @:cry:@:(

KaZa

Bencher
I dont like Choc anymore after what he did... but i have heard from another player a few years back... that what Choc said isnt too far from the truth. There is a bit more to it as well. What we have been fed by the papers is only half the story.

There is a reason why the Stewart brothers.. Watmough Matai etc were/are upset with the club. Its a shame as it casts a shadow over their success.

StuBoot

Bencher
I dont like Choc anymore after what he did... but i have heard from another player a few years back... that what Choc said isnt too far from the truth. There is a bit more to it as well. What we have been fed by the papers is only half the story.

There is a reason why the Stewart brothers.. Watmough Matai etc were/are upset with the club. Its a shame as it casts a shadow over their success.

And it's a shame that it casts a shadow over DCE.

If they were just upset at DCE and not the club/board/coaches at the time then that shouldn't be a reason to snub the club.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
The sad aspect is that I don't think there would be too many forum posters here that really know what happened in the past or what is currently going on yet there are a few that are willing to speculate and cast aspersions on the current players, i.e. DCE.

The likes of the Stewart brothers and Matai never chitted on the club they played for, yes they had their differences but they have never carried on like pork chops.

Yet a few imbeciles here think the sun shines out of WatMOUTH a.rse and his own chit doesn't stink and should be given god-like status

Well, this turd has dumped on the team and the supporters when he should have kept his mouth shut. Be a man and air your difference with DCE in private rather than laying the boot into the club when its down.

His name should be wiped from all records and never to be mentioned ever again.

I am just really disappointed and saddened by what is going on. @:cry:@:(
It is sad and drags Manly back into the headlines for a personal vendetta :fubar:

There were quite a few FC Life Members who were lobbying to rescind Choc's Life Membership after his 'no one hates Manly more than me' interview at Parra :cool:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...b/news-story/508ba9b13e96d53e92bb3a7b3a04acf1

I think they now require that a player be retired for 2 years prior to nomination.

Whilst the headlines are all focused on the usual Chez bashing, I thought that the attack on 2v's character and coaching methods are actually more offensive from Choc :mad:

OneEyedEagle

Bencher
It is sad and drags Manly back into the headlines for a personal vendetta :fubar:

Whilst the headlines are all focused on the usual Chez bashing, I thought that the attack on 2v's character and coaching methods are actually more offensive from Choc :mad:

Absolutely agree with you HM.

Our club seems to make a habit of burning some of our ex-champions

OneEyedEagle

Bencher
That's if he was able to read

I think he has some form of attachment to the club but also has resentment and is only lashing out like a spoiled child not getting his or her own way.

It would have been far more classy to keep one's mouth shut and if you have an issue to discuss privately with the parties involved. Like I keep saying never chit on your own.

XV-1

First Grader
Watmough has no class

Did he mention his, Foran's and co relationship with Eddie Hayson?

Nice third party sponsorship of $$, bets, whores, coke and stuff.

No wonder DCE said fuk you guys.

It would only be a sacrifice if Choc himself didn't qualify their actions as 'choosing to play with my mates'
Sacrifice would have been if Choc honoured his final year with Manly and played without his BFF :wait:

Chez asked for an upgrade and Manly chose to give it.
Manly also had free choice to reject it and in 2012 Chez would easily have been given 500k by another Club :nod:

Holding onto resentment at others good fortune, even after 6 years, is bad for health :envy:
Who says Manly had to release him to another club even if he was offered 500,000 elsewhere, for the small amount Manly were paying they could of just let DCE sit idle in reserves.

From what i can gather the senior player group would of been fine with some form of upgrade in a gradual sense but not the reported huge jump he got, when that huge jump would not have been possible without the class in the squad to start with.

DCE signed a dud deal to get his foot in the door of first grade then didn't show maturity in the way DCE deservedly should of been awarded an upgrade to some degree but went for the juggernaut and held the club to ransom after just one year.

What is the point of having experience in the workplace giving their time and experience to apprentices if after one year they are potentially going to move on or make their own job insecure due to less funds to spread around---there is no incentive to do so, it doesn't teach respect and patience plus doesn't promote a good culture.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18