Watmough Unleashes On DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
We all knew that DCE and Choc didn't get along anyway so is anyone really surprised that he threw him under the bus?
Without the Manly club no one would know who Choc is and for the past 4 years all he has done is bag Manly.
Watmough does not equal credibility, he must be short of dollars! Where did he take a pay cut - it was back ended. With the Hastings situation, the thing that I wonder about is that Hastings has never come out and said he has done nothing wrong. I fugure if you are innocent you would let us all know.
Choc revelled in saying that DCE's problems with the Manly clique, and then the Origin squad, which was only after the backflip, and now Jackson Hastings proves that everything's Cherry fault.
Says he feels sorry for 'poor Jackson Hastings', who is about to be moved on by his third club at 22 due to documented social problems. Seems a bit of reverse logic there Choc old boy.
The reason why this article has me fired up is not because I'm DCE's biggest fan. Truth is I was more of a fan of the Stewies, Choc, Matai, Jamie, Ballin, Kitey, all of those golden era legends.
What I can't stand is media and online bullying. Mental health is a serious issue and the fact that this repeated rubbish is water off a duck's back to Cherry and he keeps turning up to get bashed on the field and in the media every week shows plenty of character.

Criticising DCE for his form is warranted .... BUT .... In the fair dinkum stakes ..... can anyone tell me a player in the team .. (or any team) .... that kick chases as hard or as consistently as DCE ... or puts more into his defensive game .... he tackles his arsse off every week....

His form may be down .... but his effort isn't ....

Say what you want about Choc, he may not be a rocket surgeon but he wears his heart on his sleeve. I doubt he is capable of hidden agendas and he is just telling it how it was I suspect. DCE on the other hand is always very measured and political in everything he does and says.

They are different personalities so I can see how they clashed. I can also see how both of them can be divisive, as evidenced by the range of opinions on this thread. Personally I find it hard to warm to DCE's seemingly dispassionate personality, and when you couple that with poor on field performances I understand why attracts criticism.

Criticising DCE for his form is warranted .... BUT .... In the fair dinkum stakes ..... can anyone tell me a player in the team .. (or any team) .... that kick chases as hard or as consistently as DCE ... or puts more into his defensive game .... he tackles his arsse off every week....

His form may be down .... but his effort isn't ....
Absolutely. Anyone who has met choc will know straight away which side to be on believe me. The **** he got up to running with BK and a few others would make your eyes water.
As a bloke I’d take DCE every day of the week. And his effort can never be questioned. He is totally out of form, trying to carry a team with no game plan and structure.Is he worth 1.3 mill. No, he’s not in that class and doesn’t have the all round game to command that money ;but it ain’t his fault Penn coughed up... and he tries every week.

If what choc said was said by a complete cleanskin I would give it more credence than I do.
He's a bloke that, through his wayward behavior, caused the club grief through his career.
To the point where dessy lost patience and made the "indiscretion after indiscretion after indiscretion" quote.
I dunno what disorder choc suffers from but attention deficit sticks out like the preverbials.
Stay gone choc.
I had forgotten you.
lack of brain cells disorder

Do I wear
Says he feels sorry for 'poor Jackson Hastings', who is about to be moved on by his third club at 22 due to documented social problems
This is factually wrong he was moved on from the roosters to us. He left the Dragons because as per usual the roosters gave a player an offer he couldn't refuse the Dragons wanted him to stay he was out of contract and left.

Last edited:
Say what you want about Choc, he may not be a rocket surgeon but he wears his heart on his sleeve. I doubt he is capable of hidden agendas and he is just telling it how it was I suspect. DCE on the other hand is always very measured and political in everything he does and says.

They are different personalities so I can see how they clashed. I can also see how both of them can be divisive, as evidenced by the range of opinions on this thread. Personally I find it hard to warm to DCE's seemingly dispassionate personality, and when you couple that with poor on field performances I understand why attracts criticism.
Chocs certainly no brain scientist either, Chip :p

Because of his past efforts, and putting his body on the line for our glorious club ... I am prepared to be charitable to Choc and concede he is probably telling it how his mind "interpreted" events ......

Can you please let us know the **** DCE poured on Hastings, I can’t recall.
We’ve got paper talk that they had a dust up at training - which wasn’t DCEs fault apparently-and the drama at Gladstone but that is hardly publicly pouring **** **** on someone.
Barrett said the club had been trying to address issues with Hastings since pre-season and they dealt with it.
We don’t know the full story and probably never will but to heap the Hastings dramas squarely at DCE is drawing a long bow imo.
It's easy to say it's comon sense.
but work it out for yourself, everyone else has..it's harder trying to boil water.

I dont think choc was telling cherry to not worry about being on 50k. He was just trying to say look we all make sacrifices for this club but you still need to come to training. 50k is not comparable to choc's salary but 50k was still cherry's salary and cherry was still getting paid to do a job and that job is football and that requires showing up for training. To have someone go through 10 years of success with a club and take unders for god knows how long to make sure the playing group could stay together, to have some smarmy mouth kid throw his lollies and basically say stuff the boys stuff the club I wont put in until i get more money. Jesus christ no wonder he pissed the boys off. Now cherry was an amazing player at the time, he deserved the extra cash, but did the club and the playing group deserve the attitude and tantrums? Did they deserve everything that happened with him shopping himself around to the titans, sharks bulldogs whoever else he went to in that ridiculous time? Maybe he should have waited until his current contract ran out and then look for the upgrade, not force the upgrade prematurely and piss every one else off because they've been receiving less money for years so everyone could stay together. The club has stunk of crap for years and the at the centre of every single bad smell is Daly Cherry-Evans.

So Choc will come out and criticize his mates Snake and Matai for not showing up in their last paid year and at least mentoring the young replacements?

If not he has no moral high ground at all.

Because of his past efforts, and putting his body on the line for our glorious club ... I am prepared to be charitable to Choc and concede he is probably telling it how his mind "interpreted" events ......
One too many head knocks ??

So by the end of 2011 DCE is on base salary $75k, and had just won a GF and won selection in the touring Kangaroo side.

Why wouldn't he ask for a pay rise.

And to have a player on a back-ended contract, supposedly on $800k-$900K a season, come out and have a crack is a bit rich.

And now to bring it up again 5 years later is unbelievable.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12